Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Nemk4

Mar 23, 2010
I'll try Limbo then wearin my tux while drinkin a bottle of wine...

Feb 25, 2009
Personally I thought that Deathspank was pretty good. It is a bit of a grindfest after a while, but I feel that the humour and atmosphere cushioned the blow somewhat.

As for Limbo, I thought that it was a great game all around, although it is a little short. I fact on my second play-through I beat it in just over an hour. I also thought the ending was pretty good even if it doesn't really explain anything.
:SPOILER ALERT: I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel wherein you play as the girl.

kosamae

Sep 12, 2008
I guess I'll go with Deathspank, since I come watch these videos every week, because they're funny, even though the gameplay is really weak.

Turbo_ski

Dec 23, 2009
RadiusXd said:
thats not my point, he said he wasn't going to review it because he felt his opinion carries little weight on the subject (thats new I know), i understand that, i just don't think the cheek is nessesary on something he said himself he is inexperienced with, and with which he has no intentions of becoming aquainted with for that matter.
That hasn't stopped him from reviewing JRPGs and SC2 is so accessible even non-gamers get into it. That whole excuse that he would be too inexperienced regarding RTS doesn't hold weight. Besides the the single player campaign plays more like a hybrid between point and click adventure and RPG with a RTS as a base.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
A far away land of fantasy = Northampton? I live there. Well there are surposedly aliens.

OT:
Another great video. It made me laugh a lot. Nice work.

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
That spider made me curious, and Yahtzee, do you not have a huge flat-screen tv? I like you even more if that's the case.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Yahtzee doing a review that's both hilarious and accurate?! My mind has just been blown.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
JacobyPAX said:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.
You act like this is the first time he has done so. He did the same thing with KillZone 2 in his HOTD: Overkill review. Actually, he flat out insulted KZ2, while here he just had a playful swipe at SC2. It's like an Android phone user saying that the new iPhone can suck it. It's a meaningless quick insult.

Besides, do you really CARE if he doesn't like it or want to review it? If you like the game, then that's all that matters. And given that there were 1 million people on Battle.net at the same time playing it, I doubt you're alone.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
I'm playing through Limbo right now, and I agree that the spider parts scared the absolute crap out of me. I was literally breathing like I was trying to run away from it in real life. I also find it very hilarious whenever the boy dies, as macabre as the game is, death is FUNNY.

Nice review, I might get DeathSpank at some point.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
snowman6251 said:
I wish Limbo was on the PSN. Oh well.
You havn't heard some people have mimiced it on Little Big Planet?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102478-Sackboy-Does-Limbo

Ahh to bad he didn't talk about some of the odd things they make you do in Deathspank like collecting "chicken lips"... how else would they whistle.

LunarTick

Mar 1, 2010
The combined titles "DeathSpank & Limbo" sounds a bit like a 90's adventure game set in the afterlife in wich you play DeathSpank and his zany/plucky/quippy sidekick Limbo and have to solve puzzles by combining objects like halos and souls or something like that.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Seems like SC2 (and Blizzard) has caused Yahtzee to have a lot of extra venom this week!

Love the Cure reference. Betcha it was 'Disintegration'...

EDIT: I thought DeathSpank was funny for about 10 minutes. It got old very, very rapidly. (And God, talk about an annoying voice for the the player!) It made me want to start cutting myself... or start playing Limbo... oh, wait...

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Blue-State said:
jewmaniac said:
angelblack said:
Awww, no starcraft 2 :(

Oh well, entertaining nevertheless.
He said he will never review starcraft 2 so dont get your hopes up. Otherwise great review i felt the same way about limbo when i played it. i felt like they could add like half an hour more and it would be perfect.
Wot's he got against Star Craft2? It's not ALL identical hardcore armored space marines!
On reflection: it's postponed release probably brings out unresolved issues with Duke Nuekem Forever.
Read this weeks Extra Punctuation, he states that the reason is because he isn't justified to review Starcraft II, as he's both unfamiliar and dismissive of the genre.
angelblack said:
Shjade said:
angelblack said:
Awww, no starcraft 2 :(
You don't read Extra Punctuation, do you?
Anything except ZP is irrelevant to my interests, sorry. I only come here 20 minutes a week.
You're missing out then, it's a great little article that lets Yahtzee actually talk serious business.

persona J

May 25, 2009
transformers isnt bland or unchallenging u tard, how many games do u no that have transforming robots and if u find it easy bump up the dificulty u moron.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
At this point, I'm wondering if Yahtzee will quit if he is ordered to critique Starcraft 2(remember, he's a game critic, not a game reviewer).

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Turbo_ski said:
RadiusXd said:
thats not my point, he said he wasn't going to review it because he felt his opinion carries little weight on the subject (thats new I know), i understand that, i just don't think the cheek is nessesary on something he said himself he is inexperienced with, and with which he has no intentions of becoming aquainted with for that matter.
That hasn't stopped him from reviewing JRPGs and SC2 is so accessible even non-gamers get into it. That whole excuse that he would be too inexperienced regarding RTS doesn't hold weight. Besides the the single player campaign plays more like a hybrid between point and click adventure and RPG with a RTS as a base.
If he decides to review it after all i will be only too happy alright?
But that doesn't change the fact that he said he isn't going to, nor does it change the reason he gave for that, my point is if he isn't going to review it like all the other games he pokes fun at, then he can keep the single sentence comments about it to himself.