Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, that was pretty good. It does remind me of some of the older ZPs, although I'm not sure why. I've loved them all and this one was no different. Maybe it's got something to do with his "money is the root of all evil" thing at the start.

Prometheous

Nov 20, 2009
Limbo was phenomenal

End of story

To be frank the length was not magnificent but the atmosphere was good for more than just our over-stereotyped friends with dark hair and the puzzles deserve some more credit as I found myself stumped once or twice and ready for another little box move and jump before the saw blade rips my pleasant 10 year old boy into oblivion

Yes you see what I did there? The no punctuation. Boy am I cheeky

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
WOULD YOU KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE SPIDERS ALREADY! THEY GIVE US THE WILLIES!

the silhouette one wasn't too bad I suppose and was part of the game but those horrible hairy monsters brought out on signs? Blllleauuurgh!

Neil Bolin

Aug 5, 2010
Interesting, your review for deathspark- it made me think of my experience with Postal 2. With no doubt, Postal 2 was totally awful as a single player fps. However, its humor carried the whole whole game by leaps and bounds. is this the formula deathspark follows with its parody of the modern rpg? i don't know, but i shall investigate myself as soon as I can afford to rent.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Wonderful review ^~^! I just checked out Limbo after I watched this review. It looks like it would be difficult to see anything. It's very atmospheric though >~<!

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
HerbertTheHamster said:
Why do I get the feeling Mogworld isn't very well written if Yahtzee can't even spell "artifact" properly... :(
You do know that outside of America people occasionally spell things differently? Like, for example, in Britain, the country from which English originated, and also Yahtzee's own place of birth?

OT: I nearly woke everyone up in my house this morning laughing at the first joke. Thank you Yahtzee, I really needed some good old ZP stress release yesterday.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
I'm sorry I had to stop this half way through, I like ZP usually but this week it was boring as.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
What's with all the people commenting and saying that Gears of War is unique? It's a third person shooter wher you play as a macho power armoured military jargon spitting drones who are fighting against aliens with their ally; the chest high wall. That sure is unique.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
I felt that way when I played Deathspank. I thought... oh god I accidentally bought a Diablo clone. I hate these types of games with mindless quests, silly loot tables, isometric camera, etc. Also, I didn't find the humor to be very humorous.

Haven't tried Limbo yet, but I'll probably pass on that as well because I despise trial and error games.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
RadiusXd said:
i thought Yahtzee was pefectly reasonable when he explained he was unqualified to evaluate rts games, however, i do feel the attitude inherent in his closing message was both a strong constrast to his reason in extra puntuation and that it was needlessly hurtful.

If he isn't gonna review it then it isn't in his circle of expertise, so why does he keep dredging the subject up in a childish manner?
Maybe because his fans are childish in a way that they still want him to review Starcraft 2 even after reading his Extra Punctuation?

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Centrophy said:
I felt that way when I played Deathspank. I thought... oh god I accidentally bought a Diablo clone. I hate these types of games with mindless quests, silly loot tables, isometric camera, etc. Also, I didn't find the humor to be very humorous.

Haven't tried Limbo yet, but I'll probably pass on that as well because I despise trial and error games.
Isn't every game trial and error? I have not yet been exposed to a game wherein you never fail...not yet anyways.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
JacobyPAX said:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.
Yahtzee has always made small quips about things he hasn't fully reviewed. If he couldn't take a pot shot at a game he hasn't fully reviewed, then he wouldn't be able to make half his jokes.

Besides, he said imn Extra Punctuation that he doesn't care about a full game.

THis was a rather nostagic review. As people have said before me, it feels very much like the old reviews. It was well done

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Straz said:
THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL YOU GIANT TWAT, YAHTZEE.
Really dude? What's with the attitude. Contribute something wityh discussion value in the forums or don't post. There is literally no point to this