Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
greenflash said:
YOU DARE TALK ABOUT STARCRAFT 2 AND WITH OUT A REVIEW YOU MASSIVE TURD. YOU ARE A GAME CRITIC AND YOU NEVER PLAYED IT AND YET YOU CALL IT BAD WTF!
Hey! Do yourself a favor, read the Extra punctuation where he tells you straight up: He doesn't give a shit. He pops quips at games he hasn't played all the time, but the moment he says it about Starcraft you get pissed?

Stop trolling

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Zeroththeking said:
Im kind of confused about the last comment. I am pretty sure that Yahtzee replied that he played all games on Medium mode. So how could he say that War For Cybertron players can eat a dick, when he doesn't even go as far as the hardest mode on that game? I mean hey, he got bent over by Demon's Souls, so I can understand if he is confused about what Easy and Hard actually is, but unless he played the hardest mode, he can't really call the game "easy".

And at least the game is better then the movie. The most recent pile of diarrhea movie.
"Medium" difficulty is always described as what is good for the average gamer. Hard is for the hardcore gamers and easy is for people NEW to that sort of game. So medium is meant to be the level most playable.

He doens't play on hard because some games only pump up the difficulty a bit, while others set the mode to "Anal Fist Me" and he doens't have time for that. So he plays on what MOST people will play the game on, what the average person will play the game on.

If you need hard mode to have a good game, great! Not ALL of us do. So his reviews are actually more accurate since he plays on the average difficulty

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
angelblack said:
Awww, no starcraft 2 :(

Oh well, entertaining nevertheless.

edit: it was practically the first RTS I finished since I don't like this genre and it was still awesome.
what do you say yahtzee, screw Halo Wars and start with this one?
Didn't you read his article? No starcraft. Ever. He doesn't get RTS's end of story.

eva243

Jan 29, 2009
I think he should try playing A Boy and His Blob as well that was a great title sort of along these same lines of creativity.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
His point comes across and sounds fair enough, both games'gameplay is pretty poor but it carries on humor/grimdark.

I cant remember the last time I laughed while playing a videogame before Deathspank so it deserves a commendation imo.

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
Starting with a misquote because it serves your purpose: -50 literary cred points Yahtzee.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Dude... you just said eating a dick is unchallenging. Just though I'd draw that to your attention :)

ValleWikked

Aug 5, 2010
First thing firtst, im new to the website, my brother's girlfriends friend introduced me to this site just last week and I haven't taken my eyes of it. Zero Punctuation is by far (for me) THE most awesomely correct reviewer of games ever. (if my english is bad it's because im swedish and constantly provoced by flesheating polarbears) But anyhew, thumbs up on this awesome site.

second, Im a out of the gutter, hopefully soon to get employment animator. and I was wondering wich animation / graphic software this series is created in, I love the alignment of lines and the smoothness of curves and so forth. I would just like to know so I could try it out for some of my Logo ideas and animation projects.

cheers!

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Good view on Limbo, actually I quite like the game, although it feels a bit overhyped, especially as it gets a little bit bland after a while. Still I'm glad I've spent the 1200 M$ points on it.

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
This is the best review for the past months!

I didn't even have to rewatch it 4 times to get the jokes, they were all right there and I still lol every time I hear the final phrase!

GFG!

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
petrolmonkey said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it is the love of money that is the route of all evil.
Thank you for this. I searched the comments first to make sure I wasn't just the 34th person to say this. This is so rarely quoted correctly, and it affects the meaning quite a bit, that it's worth it to point out the correct version whenever possible.

With Yahtzee's intellectual content underlying the humor this really is the sort of thing that I suspect he likes to get right, despite the funny.

Bottom line; money is neutral, it can be used to great good, the evil done in pursuit of it, and valuing it more than people, is what's wrong.

And can someone tell a Yank, is Branston Pickle sweet, like American relish, or sour like a dill pickle?

Only visited the U.K. once for five days and never had it.

Roninraver

Dec 2, 2009
wonkify said:
petrolmonkey said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it is the love of money that is the route of all evil.
Thank you for this. I searched the comments first to make sure I wasn't just the 34th person to say this. This is so rarely quoted correctly, and it affects the meaning quite a bit, that it's worth it to point out the correct version whenever possible.

With Yahtzee's intellectual content underlying the humor this really is the sort of thing that I suspect he likes to get right, despite the funny.

Bottom line; money is neutral, it can be used to great good, the evil done in pursuit of it, and valuing it more than people, is what's wrong.

And can someone tell a Yank, is Branston Pickle sweet, like American relish, or sour like a dill pickle?

He does say in the review that "They say that money is the root of all evil." And considering that most people (assumed to be "they") regurgitate the phrase in that form, then he would be correct in his use. He doesn't say "They originally said that..." after all. Sayings have a habit of mutation over time, until they become something else entirely on the surface, but still recognizable in their meaning.

Or he just got it wrong, take your pick.

And I have no idea what Branston pickle tastes like, other than a friend telling me that it is just like chopped dills in a sweet sauce, and it apparently goes well with cheeses.

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
Roninraver said:
wonkify said:
petrolmonkey said:

He does say in the review that "They say that money is the root of all evil." And considering that most people (assumed to be "they") regurgitate the phrase in that form, then he would be correct in his use. He doesn't say "They originally said that..." after all. Sayings have a habit of mutation over time, until they become something else entirely on the surface, but still recognizable in their meaning.

Or he just got it wrong, take your pick.

And I have no idea what Branston pickle tastes like, other than a friend telling me that it is just like chopped dills in a sweet sauce, and it apparently goes well with cheeses.
Thanks!

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I may have been Ninja'd on this, but if not, here's a quote from the review:

"Rich businessmen who wear tight suits who won't even put 20 cents in a gunball machine if the can't expect a return of investments are the root of all bland samey action adventure clones kneeling on the bed of a dried up watering hole licking the dirt for moisture."

Also, the spider is so far my #1 favorite antagonist of 2010. So far...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
ehhh I'm not spending money on much of anything these days it seems
DeathSpank just doesn't seem to be something I wanna invest in, Limbo is definitely something I wanna try out eventually but I'm not willing to shell out the money atm
I did rent War for Cybertron tho hahaha...gameplay was great, but the Decepticon levels were bleh. felt good when I finished it tho, so I guess that's cool and serves the point of gaming

now for the September game releases...oh yes oh boy