Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Good reviews, Limbo seems interesting, but I'm not buying either.

Really came here to say the actual phrase is "The love of money is the root of all evil". Which is really what Yahtzee said when he switched it to people.

We like to objectify evil; TV, Games, Guns, Money, Sex, and Gummi bears are evil. Wrong, what humans choose to do with or without such items is evil. Saying that money is the root of all evil is just a cop-out which takes the blame off of the human element.

Oh yeah, and that one guy of the same name in these forums.

... though those gummi bears...

Grand_Marquis

Feb 9, 2009
I loved the little "Angry Birds" shout-out/assault-and-battery
Also, THANK YOU for also seeing that the first Scary Movie was a parody of a parody. Which is the 2nd worst kind of parody, just behind 'parody of a bunch of movie trailers we found'

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Technically, the saying is "the love of money is the root of all evil."

But yes, Scary Movie did make the collective IQ of the world drop several points. I actually felt it.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I have yet to play DeathSpank, but I can say that Limbo is incredibly overrated in my eyes. Yes, its a platformer that starts out really strong, but come the mid-way point, after being grabbed by the brain munching worm for the 3-4th time, I kinda realized that this game doesn't really go anywhere (Other then to the right, but that is beyond the point.) and the ending was a bigger disappointment then the ending to Lost or the Sopranos.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
I loved his review of Transformers:War for Cybertron. Short and to the point.

Seriously though Yahtzee, you have to review Starcraft 2. Even other caustic critics like AngryJoe are bending over and spreading their bumholes for this game. We need some hate in here!!!

Shoto Koto

May 13, 2009
I feel a strange and deeply uncomfortable connection to this video I live right next to Northampton. Woo, claim to fame right there.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
I didn't think Limbo was short...

Then again i guess being stuck at lots of the puzzles kinda makes it feel along time.

Yea, i aint the smartest tool in the shed.
Im on the part with gravity and blocks or summin like that. 2nd chapter from last i think.
Cant be arsed to get on with it.

Sydust

Nov 18, 2009
I've played Deathspank twice, first as Deathspank and then as Sparkles, the co-op partner. I love it, because funny games are my favorite. Seriously, if you liked Monkey Island, you will love this game. I recommend playing on co-op though. It's a different and more fun experience to have a buddy laughing along with you.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Played the PSN demo of Deathspank and I enjoyed it a lot. BUT Yahtzee is spot on with the criticism on the tiny text. I found myself squinting so damn much. This is apparently not I game I can play from bed, as I tried to do. So aside from the absurdly small text and some other details being kind of an eyestrain, the only other annoyance was the invisible walls. It's not always clear where you can or cannot walk. I found the parody/humor in it to be a bit too obvious, probably something I would get tired of pretty quick in the full thing.
Don't have xbox so no comment on the other game.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
Liked the black and white sequence for Limbo.

I would probably play Limbo if I had time. Developing apps for the iPhone is still pretty expensive but not as much as making a stand alone game. Does anyone still do Flash games?

James Geekie

Jul 8, 2010
Sinclose said:
For some reason, I think this episode felt more like some of the older ZP vids. And for me that's a good thing.
haha, same. So good.

SC2 can suck it...hilarious. How many times has he been requested to review already? Is funny how the big marketing star games especially are yearned for a review by this amazing games jester, do we want our lording justified?

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
Straz said:
THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL YOU GIANT TWAT, YAHTZEE.
Really dude? What's with the attitude. Contribute something wityh discussion value in the forums or don't post. There is literally no point to this
I beg to differ. All I'm saying is that Yahtzee just hashed up this quote horribly.
See below.

pikmintaro said:
"Money is the root of all evil" a lot of people get this quote wrong for some reason, the actual quote from the Bible is "1 Timothy 6:10 THE LOVE of Money is the root of all kinds of evil"

Anyways good review as always, if I had an Xbox 360 I would probably buy that Limbo game, it sort of reminds me of "Knytt" which is a different game on PC.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Massive truck tire-sized pizzas, 2-liter carbonated beverages, and DeathSpank... good times for all indeed. :D

Wasn't all that cracked up about Limbo personally. Sure, the dreary atmosphere was haunting, but the fact that the kid drowns the second his head gets fully submerged underwater was one of a few reasons why the game didn't make me wanna put on my dress pants and crack open a bottle of expensive vodka.

Hollywooda

Nov 15, 2007
Neither funny or clever.... He bitches about games looking & being generic, then bitches about something looking quirky & diffrent, think he's eaten too many cocks.

kanarctic

Jul 11, 2010
Incisive and funny reviews as always Yahtzee, much as I would really like to see you rip holes in the giant hype-machine starcraft 2 has turned into, I think it says far more that you really couldn't give a damn.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I really like when Yahtzee reviews smaller games like these...Maybe next time try out Deadliest Warrior eh?! :p

Firerush

May 19, 2009
ok, first I will say that his comment about SC2 did tick me off.

does it matter to me, no, I still play the game and I accept his opinion and aversion to playing a genre he doesn't like, even though he's done so before

here's somethign odd, notice how almost everyone here is talking about a couple of one sentence comments at the end of the review(s) rather than the review(s) itself (themselves)

as to the reviews, feels more like an older ZP review and I like that, I might take a look at deathspank if I can ever find an XBOX points card (they sell fast in this city) but limbo just doesn't sound like a game for me, I'm not much for angstt stuff.

hopefully we'll be able to drop the unimportant stuff here soon, like non-stop discussion about a couple simple comments after hsi actual review had finished.

makes me wonder what he might review next week, maybe more indy stuff or one of those racing games?