Zero Punctuation: Destiny - Always-On Grind

maneyan

Sep 22, 2014
Seems to me that Destiny would have been way better if it hadn't tried to be an MMO, which would have made it tighter, less drawn out and grindy and more fast-paced.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I feel that this video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yXs0R370LU&list=PLswVJ_e2AEzlrULSPhdAcGm7hoNYFdCeN] may help with understanding the plot.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Wait, Yahtzee doesn't have PS Plus? Isn't that, like, a plumber who doesn't own a screwdriver? Yeah, fuck screwdrivers, fight the power!

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Man, what a waste of a voice. Peter Dinklage, I mean.

Bayushi_Kouya

Mar 31, 2009
I have nothing further to add to this video.

Except that after playing Destiny, I can only imagine some investors somewhere saying 'Has it started producing money hand over fist yet?'

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Carnagath said:
Wait, Yahtzee doesn't have PS Plus? Isn't that, like, a plumber who doesn't own a screwdriver? Yeah, fuck screwdrivers, fight the power!
That's a perfect analogy as typically a plumber would require a wrench not a screw driver.

axys

Aug 26, 2009
So I shouldn't have went out & bought this game??? Oh yeah, I didn't... thankfully

choren64

Aug 2, 2011
I can't be the only one who thought he was going to do a limerick only review again from the start...

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
KDR_11k said:
I feel that this video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yXs0R370LU&list=PLswVJ_e2AEzlrULSPhdAcGm7hoNYFdCeN] may help with understanding the plot.
That is the most accurate synopsis I've seen so far.

Pops16

Nov 4, 2012
I went through the main game and still have no idea what the story was about. It was told so poorly. It was like Halo light. Battle the Fallen. Then the Hive shows up and everyone fights them. Then the Vex shows up and that is the "real" menace...I think. Then you fight the Cabal just because you got to use their property. Then you defeat some dudes hanging around a big heart. Then grind forever...for..ev..er...for..ev..er.

Thank god I rented it. Welcome to the next gen.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
One of those games that were being hyped to hell and back, only to find out it's very bland, again. I just wish the bosses weren't just bigger humanoids with bigger guns. It's a shame it's lacking so much.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Carnagath said:
Well there's no point when on the PS3 (a console he had since near the beginning) he only had two friends by the time Aliens: Colonial Marines came out (the second one being somebody he added due to Anarchy Reigns shenanigans). A lot of the multiplayer goodness on consoles is built on the people you do it with.

OT: A backhanded compliment for Halo? I'll take it.

Weirdly enough I was expecting yet another Bungie Yahtzee review which would have been really tiresome. This video was a lot more entertaining than the previous Bungie ZPs anyway.

Jan 27, 2011
I...WOW. :eek: They did the impossible.

They made Yatzee WANT to play the multiplayer for once, and then they blocked him from doing it.

That just blows my mind. XD

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
Wouldn't you have to have Live to play multiplayer as well? Could you play this at all on the xbo without it?

el_emmens

Mar 23, 2009
I'm going to agree, looking back the story definitely seems to have been chopped to bits in order to be sold as dlc.

and on the ps+ recquirements well...I'm a proud ps3 owner so I get to bypass all that.