Zero Punctuation: Devil May Cry 4

Wave-360

Jan 24, 2008
Lol great review :)
I knew it would either be this game or Turok

Liked the part where you said that Dante searches for his cardboard cutout love interest while Nero tries to wear too many belts

Nov 28, 2007
Am i the only person who caught the Advent Children reference at the very end, where he gives his email address? Awesome review. I shall now avoid this game.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Am i the only person who caught the Advent Children reference at the very end, where he gives his email address? Awesome review. I shall now avoid this game.
you cant judge a game on a review by yhatzee he says every game is bad with ony portal and psyconaughts as accseptions its a good game if you give it a chance

J.theYellow

Jun 1, 2007
Sequels to games that were better than previous games:
Monkey Island 2
Call of Duty 4
Ultima 4

Yeah, that's a minor quibble. Good job otherwise.

choaskast

Nov 28, 2007
yahtzee, how much drugs and which type are u on as i can only thing where u come up with that is on a drug binge

or maybe ur just clever that way

Asymptote Angel

Feb 6, 2008
"If you want to know the story, Nero spends most of the game chasing his cardboard-cutout love interest, while Dante concentrates on wearing too many belts."

Brilliant! Sadly, DMC4 is not the first (and probably not the last) game to follow this bizarre trend. Also, good choice of ending song.

Nov 15, 2007
Wow. This review is not only hilarious, but also useful. You see the demo for DMC 4 only featured the combat, and based on that I was going to buy it, but now I probably won't after the revelation of some of the more bizarre features.

Jiki

Jan 21, 2008
Die hard 4 was actually quite watchable (better then "Rambo lives again" for sure), but he hit the Jackpot with The Amber Spyglass. After the greatness of the first two books the third felt like it was written by somebody else and hence I now think of the series as mediocre instead of being one of the best fantasy series ever (which crown belongs to George R.R. Martin atm).

Duffking

Mar 5, 2008
Enjoyable review as always, but I totally disagree with most of it :) Dante's levels were fun however lazy they were, the only thing that genuinely annoyed me in this was the torture room and the one with the big spinning blades and laser beams in the middle.

And for the record, the Die game is easily manipulated, just hit it when the number you want is on the top.

Strange saying that you shouldn't buy it based on the combat - it makes up 90% of the game and it's of a very high standard too.

blackfly01

Dec 5, 2007
YEAH! Tell it like it is, Yahtzee! Fun and funny review, great images, too! Personally, I've found very few games with a big fat number four slapped on it as well done or even worth my time except for maybe Mega Man 4, but that was before the year 2000 ever popped up and long before Devil May Cry, so it doesn't count.

Keep up the good work and keep telling it as it is (I've always wanted to eliminate the characters of Devil May Cry)!

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
This review was good.

Though I still dislike you for making fun of The Witcher. Youre gradually making up for it by cracking fun of franchises I never liked in the first place. Your doing well in fact, because I actually registered to this forums just to say this.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
J.theYellow said:
Sequels to games that were better than previous games:
Monkey Island 2
Call of Duty 4
Ultima 4

Yeah, that's a minor quibble. Good job otherwise.
Monkey Island 2 was not better than part 1. The ending was the biggest load of crap to ever occur in an adventure game, it didn't have the insult fighting, and a lot of the puzzles on expert fall into the "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter" realm of hard.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
I loved the song choices on this one. Sympathy for the Devil (albeit a stripped down version, presumably because Mick Jagger's lawyers would rip even Yahtzee a new one) for the intro and Weapon of Choice for the outro.

UncleAsriel

Pleasantly Lurking
Feb 13, 2008
Another quality review. Well-placed jibing at the Japanese fixation for surreal physics and angst-ridden hermaphrodites, balanced out by some excellent criticism of botched user interactivity and overly-lengthy gameplay retread. The obligatory penis joke was well-inserted and your deliver was solid (puns not intended). I can see where your sequel issues arise from, but I think you can give at least some leeway to the developers who are desperate to capitalize off of their idea and make lightning strike twice.

Even so, though, The Amber Spyglass was a stinking piece of poo compared to the Golden Compass.

wyldefire

Feb 27, 2008
Hilarious review, can't believe he didn't complain about the music though. I like DMC4 but it is what it is, a game mostly built on combat and style. Everything he said was right though, especially the red and green gummy bears. That made my day.

kotormgsfanboy

Mar 5, 2008
lol i find it funny he hates on games that i love so much ( devil may cry 4 , bioshock ) but i never get pissed off at him and thats what makes yahtzee so awsome.

but nero wasn't that bad to compare to raiden in mgs ( raiden pissed me off but nero diden't so much )

Try_lee

Jun 21, 2007
Very awesome.

Totally overshadowed by the fact that after slating it for four and a half minutes, I'm treated to an advertisement meant to encourage me to purchase it.
More awesome than a midget riding a liger.

InsanityManifest

Nov 14, 2007
I loved this review and fully sympathize. I lament how Devil May Cry has been treated after they got the genius idea that sequels were a good thing.