Zero Punctuation: Devil's Third

Arthain

Jul 26, 2012
Well, I can write this game off as something I want to play. I haven't seen Yahtzee so thoroughly tear something to pieces in months.

I actually really want him to review Xenoblade Chronicles X now. There are so many things wrong with that game, and yet, despite all its problems, it's so FUN! Would love to see how Yahtzee finds it.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Thank you for the Video Review. From the sounds of it the game provided plenty of material to comment on.
*Yelling and explosions in the background*

Would this game be considered better than bullet sponges with cover mechanic GoW style? Maybe enhancing the game with the Wii U - micro shake the controller to activate angry mode would make for a more immersive experience : )

I feel this is one of those games that is so bad that I want to play it anyway type experiences.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
So long story short, Yahtzee: "SOD this excretory excuse of a game."
Xsjadoblayde said:
Hey, Dave Mustaine stuck with Mega...Oh i seeeee. Well he also turned born again christian too. Nothing to compete with a Russian working for SOD...Ohhhh...
So how many original members are still in Megadeth by now?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Darth_Payn said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Hey, Dave Mustaine stuck with Mega...Oh i seeeee. Well he also turned born again christian too. Nothing to compete with a Russian working for SOD...Ohhhh...
I would hope that because you are asking, you must already know. But although i appreciate the band and have read Mustaine's autobiography, i still am not aware of their remaining original lineup (a google search would easily make me look a smart ass, but am preferring an honest lifestyle thesedays). But then The Red Hot Chilli Peppers had the same problems, yet i couldn't claim to follow their staff turnover either. ;)

paulbnet

Jan 30, 2012
Am I the only person to suspect that the escapist is going bust? This site has not worked properly since Christmas

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Michael Prymula said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Darth_Payn said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
I would hope that because you are asking, you must already know. But although i appreciate the band and have read Mustaine's autobiography, i still am not aware of their remaining original lineup (a google search would easily make me look a smart ass, but am preferring an honest lifestyle thesedays). But then The Red Hot Chilli Peppers had the same problems, yet i couldn't claim to follow their staff turnover either. ;)
The two Daves(Mustaine and Ellefson) are the only two original members remaining(and even Ellefson left for a few years at one point).
Ah thankyou for the info! Apart from Chris Broderick's addition, i was mostly clueless. It sounds quite similar to RHCPs and Alice in Chains. A lot of tradegy follows such minds unfortunately.

paulbnet

Jan 30, 2012
Nope video still not working for UK PAID member time to cancel my membership I think.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
You know, it's really heartbreaking for me as a NGII and NGB fan to see this game suck so bad. Valhalla Games was the old guard who was behind NGII and before. But I do know that this game has had a pretty nasty development cycle, getting passed around from publisher to publisher until it FINALLY released. And now...

*sigh* Oh well...

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
Don't worry Yahtzee, I don't think any new Wii U games are coming out for like....8 months. No really. Star Fox is the next one, and then...uh...?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Transdude1996 said:
Gorfias said:
Odd that he wonders when he will get to do a non-Wii U review. Why is he limited to that at this time? Isn't the number of titles to review for PS4 and XB1 dwarfing WiiU?
Since October, not really, unless you count ports of PC games and "remasters". And, looking at the release schedule, he's pretty much going to be playing catch-up and filler until February (Unless he decides to do Lego Avengers).
Hmm.. I gotta bunch o Wii U titles coming from Amazon in a day or two. I hope they are worth the trouble. Ninja Gaiden for Wii U is supposed to be definitive.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Evil Smurf said:
This game looks so amusingly bad I want it.
It came out early in the UK and that is exactly the mentality I had... needless to say I still can't figure out what happened in the whole game.

In fact, Yahtzee might be underselling the insanity. For example, he mentions mutants show up, but I mean VERY SUDDENLY show up and they look like gooey zombies but then turn one corner and now they look like gargoyles (no cutscenes, just VERY SUDDENLY), not before parts he didn't mention at all. Like when I fight a ninja in lingerie in what can best be described as if Tokyo and Las Vegas were both built on top of Mount Everest, and a cowboy leader of terrorists in a Mexican church who Hulks out half way through the fight who reasons I'm still not sure of.

I people are morbidly curious enough to try it, at least play Bayonetta 2, an excellent action game on the Wii U.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Michael Prymula said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Darth_Payn said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
The two Daves(Mustaine and Ellefson) are the only two original members remaining(and even Ellefson left for a few years at one point).
Ah thankyou for the info! Apart from Chris Broderick's addition, i was mostly clueless. It sounds quite similar to RHCPs and Alice in Chains. A lot of tradegy follows such minds unfortunately.
Broderick has been replaced with Angras guitarist and the new drummer is the guy from Lamb of God^^.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
shadowxvii said:
So that's the second review of not-the-wii-u-game-I-expected in a row (yes, i'm ignoring the top 5 video), and I'm losing hopes of seeing a xenoblade chronicles X review. Oh well, at least that was entertaining.
I doubt we would get a positive review of it. It's "too japanese" to get a good review from Yahtzee.

OT:
Well, I didn't expect anything less. I can't believe how anyone actually get hyped for the game when every video they have shown was awful. And not because it's nonsense but because you could actually see just from a video that the controls and enemies are awful.
Yahtzee was pretty nice to the game as far as you ask me. Could be much worse.