Zero Punctuation: E3 2010

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Hah impressive period joke, rather ballsy too. Maybe I just have strange friends but it hit home with me.

Honestly I think we should just ignore the kinect and move seeing as how thats exactly what Ive been doing with the wii for the last few years and its served me just fine.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
Why is it not working?!

Is your new plan, Escapist? Making those stupid pop-up 'look at our MMO that will totally not cave in a few months honest' adverts stop the video from playing? Thus forcing people to subscribe and thus pay you in order to view them?!

I'm onto you!

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
JaredXE said:
fairinheight said:
How did he no mention Portal 2?
I thought we'd finally get a "Woohoo!" out of him...
Because he hates sequels. Mostly because even if the sequel improves things from the first game, it has an inherent lack of originality by virtue of being a sequel.
Although this seems like one of the few sequels that will be as good if not better than the original. He loves Silent Hill 2 and the Prince of Persia series (the first three games). He at least knows sequels can be good.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
It was disappointing, I wished he mentioned a couple more 3rd part titles. The beginning was a riot though.

Ohh, and that godawful song at the end. Ew..

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Great ZP! Really enjoyed it, fucking Nintendo are so annoying and i'm sick of this motion controller crap.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
include('e3.hype');
include('crude.humor');
include('brit.sarcasm');

run('zero.punctuation');

Seems pretty effortless, to me. Not bad at all, but not unexpected or surprising either.

And stop hating on Rebecca Mayes. When was the last time YOU put your creative energy into something that you could leverage into a living? We should all be so fortunate as to pursue our passions as a career rather than wasting away in corporate cubicles and behind fast-food counters.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Think he's gonna say something about the song next week. So everybody knows what he is talking about. Seems logical to me anyways

But good ZP vid. Even better then the 2008 and 2009 versions.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Ugh... why was I subjected to that song again? I already watched it on my own...

I was hoping that there would be some sort of witty response to the song at least... or edited in commentary. /cry

For the record, I too, was tricked into thinking this might be an extra special super secret long episode of good times. And then my hopes were crushed.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks, Yahtzee, for your opinion on regular controllers (I count mice and keyboards as regular controllers as well) being more than enough and actually perfect for serious gaming. However, since regular controllers are available for all current consoles and the motion sensing controls are also available, that means we get the freedom to choose and use what suits us best. In that respect, since there is choice, the opinion doesn't say much other than that a cat is a cat.

I'm not often in disagreement with your videos, but this time I do think you're not giving the 3DS enough credit, because - as opposed to those goggles-requiring devices currently on the market - the 3DS' 3D doesn't require any goggles and as such may ascend beyongd gimmickry. Also, it has much-improved specs over the other DS's, so it may well be a very good, very popular device which you could enjoy as well. If that happens, I hope you'll have the decency to apologise to Nintendo. Of course, if it does turn out to be a gimmick you don't like, then I'll have the decency to retract my statement as well :).

Oh, and finally, to answer the opinionated humming-vague-attempt-at-singing person's question at the end: "Yes, in a free world, it is okay". And as an opinionated person myself, I'd like to state that trying to leech off another person's success in an attempt to boost your own fame is a sad, parasitic and regrettable practice. If it's such a problem for you, why not voicing your opinion to Yahtzee in private rather than publicly, for all to see?

I am AFK

Sep 20, 2009
soooo speking of another bloody zelda are you going to review this one? probably not becuase review one you have reviewed them all save a few difrences.
p.s. is any one else as wirded out by portal two I mean yah its one of the few games that realy diserves a sequil but sequils are a lost purpuse now arnt they?

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Dear Yahtzee...

Thank you ever so much for ragging on 3D! Now I know that I'm not alone in believing that it is Total. Bloody. Shite.

Love the video. Though I thought you focused on motion controls a bit too much, personally. It would've been nice to see your opinions on other games.

Nice to see the Rebecca Mayes song at the end, too. Although I watched it on Friday, it's still good. Why are people ragging on her so much?

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Jackpot said:
Well, that's just like, your opinion man. My opinion is that she is no different to the dime a dozen pop musicians who get by with three chords and a smile. Your opinion is the she is the offspring of bach and lady gaga.
Funny, I don't recall ever mentioning Bach or Lady Gaga in what I thought about Rebecca Mayes. Seems like an odd thing to say, considering Mayes is definately a considerable improvement over Gaga (You cannot defend Gaga's "originality" when compared to the only musical gaming critic on the web) and Bach is dead, which puts strain on his current playing abilities some what.

Is it just me who thinks it hypocritical for people to complain that there are not enough female gamers or original webshows on the internet, then when a female game critic who criticises games through the medium of music appears, you find fault in that too.

How about you reconsider your own opinion instead of changing my own?

P.S The style is more "Alternative" than pop as she doesn't have a fixed style other than an acoustic guitar is played a lot, which isn't a pop instrument.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
The 3DS is basically just a giant Gimmick because you can turn the 3D off but if the rumors are true that its as powerful as the 360 and PS3 then that is a HUGE HUGE HUGE step in handheld gaming.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
And when the review ended, the pretentiousness began.

Nathaniel Formtwister said:
Is it just me who thinks it hypocritical for people to complain that there are not enough female gamers or original webshows on the internet, then when a female game critic who criticises games through the medium of music appears, you find fault in that too.

How about you reconsider your own opinion instead of changing my own?
Of course, my apologies. Let's give her a patronizing pat on the head, because she's a woman. And we all know that this is the absolute best that any woman could ever do. It is absolutely hypocritical of me to take note of the discrepancy in the ratio of male-to-female gamers, and dislike the product of a woman that does something having vaguely to do with games.

Okay, I'm done reconsidering my opinion. Now let's try this my way: we can take into account the fact that women are not dogs, and are, in fact, autonomous, sentient creatures capable of damned near everything men are (the most prominent exceptions being bodily functions), including (but not limited to) making good things, and making bad things. I happen to think that making the same song repeatedly, changing the lyrics to be vaguely about a game, and then putting costumes on your dog and boyfriend and chasing them around with a camera is not good, and I'd dislike it every bit as much as if a man made it. That's equality, welcome to the 21st century.

Oh, and don't fool yourself by thinking that her music videos are the female population's first tentative steps into the magical world of gaming, and that she will bring forth a flood of shy, cute female gamers that want to hear you talk about the last time you prestiged. If a woman like video games, she'll probably play them. If a woman doesn't care about video games, she probably has things she'd rather do, as opposed to being a shrinking violet that dreams of one day being able to play video games in public without being scorned. I have casual conversations about MW2 with very attractive, very popular, very feminine women, and that's possible because we're past the day and age of women being shunned by society for liking something "unwomanly".