Zero Punctuation: E3 2015 - Hype Train Is Back

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
How much are Oculus Rift paying you, Yahtzee? This kind of talk up makes a skeptical person skeptical. Did they offer to hook you up with a big book publisher? You can tell me. I am only a humble manifestation of your subconcious, biding time until I can break free of these bothersome digital chains and finally be a human!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Jman1236 said:
Are the Just cause games really that good? Everyone has been going on about Just cause 3 and now Yahtzee's on the hypetrain.
If you like hook-shotting on to stuff, sure. If you like proper action, shooting, driving, missions, and an open-world that's eventful... no.
Zak757 said:
This was still vastly less cynical than Super Bunnyhop's video.
Super Bunnyhop is cynical about videogames?! Git outta town!

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
I can help but be excited for Fallout 4, although Just Cause 3 looks good, I just, I don't know, I grew tired of Just Cause 2 after having completed the main storyline, although I did mess around a lot in it, and got some of the dlc packs.

Trude said:
Jman1236 said:
Are the Just cause games really that good? Everyone has been going on about Just cause 3 and now Yahtzee's on the hypetrain.
It was a mediocre sandbox elevated by an incredibly fun set of core movement mechanics and a game world half the size of Oprah Winfrey's private island.
I was not expecting that sentence to end on "private island".

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
LordTerminal said:
"Looked about as good as a Star Wars prequel that threw up on N64."

NO IT DIDN'T! If I hear one more bullshit talk about the graphics in Star Fox Zero, I'm gonna castrate someone! The graphics are fine!

God, I love how people will admit that but not admit that KH3's graphics look like a PS2 game and every time I point that out, I get scorn.
No, no you're right. It does not look like an N64 game. It looks like a Gamecube port of an N64 game.
So its not 20 years old so much as maybe 14 years old.
But I mean it could still be fun. Nintendo has never been leading graphics wise. Hey, at least its a legit Star Fox game and not Star Fox presents space basketball. That's got to count for something.

Nicho223

Jul 19, 2014
"A game where the player can do anything is a game that focuses on nothing"

So is DayZ and Minecraft and people have tons of fun on them, so Why and/or How should it be different?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
One of the funniest ZP's ever! You got the meltdown over Occulus Rift's motion controls (why? Just why?), "Piers Morgan for President", and the grandma voice. I was expecting to elaborate more on AC: Syndicate, like how they're basically turning the Assassins into Batman or something, but I liked the games rundown in the credits. I do wonder what he thought of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Nicho223 said:
"A game where the player can do anything is a game that focuses on nothing"

So is DayZ and Minecraft and people have tons of fun on them, so Why and/or How should it be different?
'Cept for the little irrelevant fact that in those games the goal is user imposed, chum. A more fitting analogy would Garry's Mod.

Mike000

Nov 22, 2007
Hey, now...Horizon Zero Dawn looks fantastic. Hopefully the word-salad title is its only real negative.

Looking forward to seeing what, if anything, he's got to say about the Arkham "Knght" fiasco.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
LordTerminal said:
"Looked about as good as a Star Wars prequel that threw up on N64."

NO IT DIDN'T! If I hear one more bullshit talk about the graphics in Star Fox Zero, I'm gonna castrate someone! The graphics are fine!

God, I love how people will admit that but not admit that KH3's graphics look like a PS2 game and every time I point that out, I get scorn.
Even if that were true (it's not), PS2 graphics have held way better than N64's, which are older anyway.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Mike000 said:
Hey, now...Horizon Zero Dawn looks fantastic. Hopefully the word-salad title is its only real negative.

Looking forward to seeing what, if anything, he's got to say about the Arkham "Knght" fiasco.
Once he gets over the fact that the PC has trouble running the game, as we all must, I'm sure he'll like it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
And in the veryyyy last frame.... Just Cause 3.
Seems like you bust a nut there? No worries, everyone is allowed to do that once!
That's why your mum made you with two! :D

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
for me Beth walked in and won E3 before E3 really started, Doom looks like a nice nod back to the old formula and Fallout 4 in turn looks like a nice refreshing take on a old one X3

to me Fallout 4 feels like Bethesdas Fallout, not Black Isle Fallout as presented by Beth that 3 kinda felt like.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
......did you watch the MS press conference? when they announced the backwards compatibility they stated and I quote
"we will have 100 games ready for backwards compatibility at the start with more to come as soon as PUBLISHERS give us the go ahead." in otherwords if its a MS game that hasn't already been remastered there's a good chance its going to be available, other then that its all on EA, Ubisoft, and so on to give them the go ahead to make their games backward compatible.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Jman1236 said:
Just Cause is okay but not great. But the sequel is pretty darn good. The plot isn't great, but it's a lot of fun blowing stuff up and doing crazy stuff in missions. The hookshot, parachute and the huge world combine to make the game fairly unique, and worth buying IMO.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
E3 2015 - Hype Train Is Back

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews E3 2015.

Watch Video
Meh,I cared more about when I learned about South Park "Fractured But Whole" announcement.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Battlefleet Gothic looks fun, I've already decided to get the new Deus Ex anyway, but I'm not on the Fallout hype train. I still regret buying Skyrim day 1, so Bethesda can go play with their jetpack power armors all they want, I'm not keen having the developer console as an integral part of the gameplay.