Zero Punctuation: Fable 2

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Haha! Knew he'd do this one given the previous review of the first Fable. The second for me thus far has been more of an updated version as opposed to a massive leap for the series.

NOTE: I don't think you should review Fallout 3 because its to obvious of a target given all the pre-release hate already.

TheDevilsJoker

Aug 13, 2008
Hmmm, kinda having troubles, keeps kicking me out about a minute and a half in. Still, love the freaky molenuex head.

TheDevilsJoker

Aug 13, 2008
Okay, finished now. The ending was hilarious. Annoying the Ads are back though, i was bracing for 7 minutes of yahtzee awesomeness.

Greyhawk

Sep 29, 2008
This has to be one of the harshest ZP reviews yet. Bravo, Mr. Croshaw. The disembodied God-head of Molyneux was a nice touch, too.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Nice, I finally get the review I've been waiting for and it didn't disappoint.
Now I can whine that Yahtzee hasn't done a Gears of War 2 review yet instead.

juraigamer

Sep 3, 2008
I was going to take it back today, such an excellent source for why Fable 2 is Fable 1 1/2 with no armor and a dog.

Feb 13, 2008
Ok...

Mr. Escapist.

You know that the forums lag out totally when this arrives? We can deal with that.

But did you read the amount of comments that said "Yay! No More Adverts!" from about three weeks ago?

And then we have some at the start and at the end for something that quite a lot of us wouldn't want to, or can't play?

I'll be very amused to see Yahtzee's take on Bongo-Kaflooie at a later date.

As for the review (and the poor intro) it does seem like Yahtzee and Molyneux have a sort of a Brokeback Mountain thing going on there.

Secret notes after the review...lots of pictures of him with an open mouth talking to Yahtzee?

Methinks someone needs to examine their feelings.

(That and I think you'll get a lot of Escapist hatemail for dissing the dog.)

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
Was somewhat hoping for a Fallout 3 review, but knowing my luck, Ben would have said it was the best game known to man, which would have killed me a bit more inside.

Lovely and sound thrashing on Fable 2, though. Only recently picked up Fable and not too keen on snagging the next one.

DayDay8421

Nov 10, 2008
Ben, you never cease to cause my face to contort every time I see one of your reviews. I remembr stumbling onto your Darkness and Fable reviews a good while ago and used to pray that one day we would see your reviews take off.

Awesome work Mr Croshaw, I almost peed me panties!

Grifmik

Jul 17, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Ok...

Mr. Escapist.

You know that the forums lag out totally when this arrives? We can deal with that.

But did you read the amount of comments that said "Yay! No More Adverts!" from about three weeks ago?

And then we have some at the start and at the end for something that quite a lot of us wouldn't want to, or can't play?

I'll be very amused to see Yahtzee's take on Bongo-Kaflooie at a later date.

As for the review (and the poor intro) it does seem like Yahtzee and Molyneux have a sort of a Brokeback Mountain thing going on there.

Secret notes after the review...lots of pictures of him with an open mouth talking to Yahtzee?

Methinks someone needs to examine their feelings.

(That and I think you'll get a lot of Escapist hatemail for dissing the dog.)
Who cares if your forums are lagging for 10 minutes or so? Plus the advert at the start was like 2 seconds long and the one at the end you don't have to watch ATALL you know?. Somtimes i think people complain just for the hell of it..

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
Fable 2 took me about 20 hours to complete with a full 1000 achievement points and finishing all the side quests. I don't see how this game is all that great compared to others that are coming out this season. I really don't see this game getting any Game of the Year awards either, it's mediocre at best. If you only have 60 bucks, get Fallout 3, you will get much more for your money.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Heh. Sweet, as usual. Like most people, I don't take them as serious reviews, just 5 minutes of game-kicking hilarity with witty one-liners thrown in for good measure.