Zero Punctuation: Fallout: New Vegas

Christer

Jul 15, 2008
deathmetalfan said:
What's the name of the song he keeps playing when ever the subtitle says 'Day 1'/'Day2'/'Day3'?
-- It's "in the mood" by Glenn Miller, and it is awesome :)

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
It's official. Yahtzee fails miserably at playing games, and shouldn't even try.

Stupid Australian git, killed by the flies. What a failure.

JohhnyDamage

Jun 17, 2009
I'll just say it.

He said if you want a review watch the Fallout 3 review.

Also pop dehydrates you in real life.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
I tried looking up soda and dehydration and it would seem like it's really up to the person to decide whether it dehydrates you or not. On one hand, I've heard people say that is a myth that lives on by repitition. On the other, I've heard people say that all the chemicals in soda cause dehydration. It's like making a decision in politics :/. I've personally decided that soda does not dehydrate you. Plenty of people may think otherwise, but unless you can come up with an argument that I have never seen before, I probably won't chnge my opinion.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Dammit, I hate it when long posts don't go through. I don't feel like typing it back up again or trying to remember everything I had said, but basically, I was saying opinions on whether or not soda dehydrates seems too evenly split to decide for certain which is which, so I'm just going to believe that it doesn't.

EDIT: Nvm, my post was delayed for some reason.

TwistednMean

Nov 23, 2010
Well, for the first time in my life I'm left wondering whether Yatzee like the game or not. Frankly, for me it's also sort of a grey area. At least it's definitely better than the original and, suddenly, you can actually RP in a RPG for a change.

About the whole soda thing, strangely enough, game devs are right. Osmolarity of soda is aroung 0.5 OsM, while osmolarity of plasma and bodily fluids is around 0.3 OsM. Which means that soda does make you dehydrated. Certainly, the effect is not as profound and obvious as in the case with sea water which is 3 OsM.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
I liked your new variation. Also, yea soda dehydrates you. Read the ingredients label.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
samaugsch said:
Dammit, I hate it when long posts don't go through. I don't feel like typing it back up again or trying to remember everything I had said, but basically, I was saying opinions on whether or not soda dehydrates seems too evenly split to decide for certain which is which, so I'm just going to believe that it doesn't.
In my 10 years of backpacking experience I can tell you that yes, soda dehydrates you. Look at the ingredients label, sure it has water in it but the other shit in there makes your system work harder and push through more water, in the end its not beneficial.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
It was very much a review from where I'm sitting. It's pretty much an expansion of Fallout3 with some new features, same ol' bugs and glitches and not much else, just like he said.

KillerRabbit

Jan 3, 2009
Jonabob87 said:
KillerRabbit said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
KillerRabbit said:
Evilsanta said:
Ahhh...The Fallout Crashes...I dont miss them.

Anyways is this game any good? Besides the crashes that happens now and then is the game any good?
I am on my second play through of the game now, and I have only crashed once when I was alt-tabbing from fallout 3 to windows like 20 times in 1 minute due to checking score of a hockey game.

I can't speak for consolse, and I realy don't see a point in why anyone would play this kind of game on a console (?) since PC verision is superb compared to them. But on my Win 7 64bit system everything run fine.

And I completed the game before the patch came out! (And I am still unsure if steam has applied the patch to the game or not?!)

Anyway: This game is well worth buying! 9/10.
I don't quite understand what you mean by 'seeing the point' of not playing the game on the pc. Does the pc make the game better? Does it raise the immersion? I woundn't think so.
For example, in no special order:
* User made mods
* Graphics 100 times better
* Better control with mouse and keyboard
* Thanks to pc, we have games like these - with immersion, while console games is only dumbing down anything. Some console games you only have to press "X" from time to time to complete a game. So no I will not support dumbing down games (meaning buying consoles/games for them).
I see we have a member of the 'Glorious PC master race' here. User made mods are generally shit (I used to be a PC gamer, I know). They lack a polish and shine that professional add-ons have.

The PC doesn't have graphics that are a hundred times better. Why? Because the game is limited graphically so's not to make the console versions look bad.

I hate mouse and keyboard. It's too easy.

Name this game where you press X every now and then to win. Seriously, don't be such an elitist, open your mind! Just because you prefer something doesn't mean it's better and people who prefer something else are retarded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
KillerRabbit said:
Jonabob87 said:
KillerRabbit said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
KillerRabbit said:
Evilsanta said:

Anyways is this game any good? Besides the crashes that happens now and then is the game any good?
I am on my second play through of the game now, and I have only crashed once when I was alt-tabbing from fallout 3 to windows like 20 times in 1 minute due to checking score of a hockey game.

I can't speak for consolse, and I realy don't see a point in why anyone would play this kind of game on a console (?) since PC verision is superb compared to them. But on my Win 7 64bit system everything run fine.

And I completed the game before the patch came out! (And I am still unsure if steam has applied the patch to the game or not?!)

I don't quite understand what you mean by 'seeing the point' of not playing the game on the pc. Does the pc make the game better? Does it raise the immersion? I woundn't think so.
* User made mods
* Thanks to pc, we have games like these - with immersion, while console games is only dumbing down anything. Some console games you only have to press "X" from time to time to complete a game. So no I will not support dumbing down games (meaning buying consoles/games for them).
I see we have a member of the 'Glorious PC master race' here. User made mods are generally shit (I used to be a PC gamer, I know). They lack a polish and shine that professional add-ons have.

The PC doesn't have graphics that are a hundred times better. Why? Because the game is limited graphically so's not to make the console versions look bad.

Name this game where you press X every now and then to win. Seriously, don't be such an elitist, open your mind! Just because you prefer something doesn't mean it's better and people who prefer something else are retarded.
I noticed how he didn't start from the beginning of the game, you said completed a game, not a mission.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
KillerRabbit said:
Jonabob87 said:
KillerRabbit said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
KillerRabbit said:
Evilsanta said:

* User made mods

That's being played on a PC bro, thanks for destroying your own point.

KillerRabbit

Jan 3, 2009
It does not matter what computer/console it is played on, my point is that the whole gaming industry is dumbing down any game ever made right now, with some exceptions. (Tip of the day: fire hurts) etc...

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
For some reason, I was incredibly incensed a month ago, when this review came out. I came back and watched it again to see why, and... I'm sure I brought up my issues with it in some post back then. This particular one struck a cord, because it's one of the few console games I've played, and therefore one of the few where I knew when he skipped text.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
That wasn't even a review. I guess he really, REALLY meant it literally when he said same opinion as for Fallout 3.

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
*Shamelessly bumps topic*

I recently acquired Fallout: New Vegas and I must say that it's a lot of fun, especially on Hardcore mode (which I dove straight into, despite having never played any of the previous Fallout games). :p

It's funny, because it was this video that motivated me to get it and I only just realised the other day, while wandering around in third-person mode in the Mojave Wasteland, that the character I spent hours creating with the RobCo Reflectron actually bears a physical resemblance to Yahtzee, complete with spectacles and a jaunty fedora hat. ^.^

It doesn't help either that for the first hour of exploring Goodsprings, I stole everything that wasn't nailed down (Abraxo cleaner, pilot lights, alcohol, you name it) and was overencumbered with useless junk by the end of hunting tutorial with Sunny Smiles. >_>;