Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Jan 21, 2009
I didn't understand the whole switch of accent he went through in this review, does he have a head cold? Because that has been going around.

Aside from that, I have never played farcry one or two and this review gave me well enough reason not to.

Thanks Yahtzee, you saved me from something I considered buying.

Now I can go buy a much better game.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Enlong said:
Huh... does Yahtzee have a cold or something, or was the change in accent a subtle joke that I failed to get?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing...I sort of just took it was an extra emphasis of sarcasm plus bile.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
This is more of the blurghedy blurgh blurgh that some people said was missing from last week's ZP. It feels more like a review and less like a decent into cheap laughs about body parts.

Occasional mutations into South African accent + killing the Power Rangers + BFF cake + Bear Grylls = win.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
The accent... amazing!
Yes, I think the baddie confused us all with acts of love.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Baby Tea said:
What is with the accent?
Seems like he purposely did it...which is odd.

In any case, it actually seem rather review-y! And funny!
Seems you can have both.
It was a South African accent, Tea. It was because the game is set in South Africa.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
what was up with his accent in this video? I thought he was a kiwi, but a few times in the video he sounds a hell of a lot like an aboriginee off of a crocodile dundee blooper reel. Oh well, I never played farcry, or farcry 2, but maybe I will so I can go drive over some zebrahs.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Arrgh the accent was annoying as hell. Sounds bad that you have to do a a lot of samey missions. Also suprised that you didn't mention gun jaming or map creation.

Greyhawk

Sep 29, 2008
That accent bit was funny for a moment, then just degenerated into dead horse flogging. Most definitely could've done without it.

Sir_Chumley_Warner

Dec 25, 2008
That bit about Zordon reminds me of Spoony for some reason... *Having consumed this video content, Sir Chumley goes to see if any other websites has anything for him to procrastinate with*

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Fightgarr said:
Baby Tea said:
What is with the accent?

Seems you can have both.
It was a South African accent, Tea. It was because the game is set in South Africa.
You know that makes sense. One of the sales people at my work has a South African accent, and I kept thinking of her throughout the review.

Huh.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Baby Tea said:
What is with the accent?

Seems you can have both.
Did you not notice that the game is set in South Africa, and he spoke in a rather interesting South African accent?

deewank

Dec 15, 2008
maybe since he lives in Australia the local accent is starting to rub off on him

EDIT: However unlikely that is

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
The accent sounded more like trying to do an Aussie accent then an South African, South African people in my experience usually talk with a deep and at points slow accent.

Still awesome as ever.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Aconite333 said:
+10 for Bear Grylls cameo.

Also, did anyone else feel like Yahtzee was reading with a different accent or something?
Man, nothing gets past you, does it?