Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 2

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Flap Jack452 said:
Did anyone else think his accent changed randomly throughout the video? Or am i crazy?
I actually took a second to read some of the comments and discovered that i am a huge idiot, sorry. Apparently lots of people noticed, and i shouldn't be so quick to post

ElTigreNegro

Jan 17, 2009
I guess the memo to Yahtzee has been quite clear already:

"OMG! DON'T USE WEIRD ACCENTS CUZ ITS CONFUUUSING!"

ranearia

May 7, 2008
The funny accent was great, but it did show what happen to Zordon after all these years, he goes and messes with you in Farcary...

Lt. Dragunov

Sep 25, 2008
I don't know if im stuck in a glitch or if im just a retard but in farcry 2 im stuck at a part were I'm trying to get a mission to cont. on with the story but I can't get a mission, the icon comes up saying theres a mission i can do there, and even the body guard at the door lets me in, but when I go to take the mission the room where the guy is is closed and theres no one in the building. Someone please help i don't know whats wrong or if i did something to cause this.

--EDIT--
i ofter too wondered why the game was called FarCry 2 it has nothing to do with the first FarCry (well as far as i can tell).

coungar

Jan 22, 2009
Seriously, a lot of you are as dense as they come. Yahtzee must be wondering whether trying to inject something original LIKE A DELIBERATE SOUTH AFRICAN ACCENT into his reviews is worth the trouble.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Man, Yathzee didn't seem as disappointed about Far Cry 2 as I was! All the stuff they said you could do in the game was total bupkis.

Shooting someone in the foot to drop him and trick his friends to help him sounded cool at first.But considering that's the only way to wound someone, it's a moot point. Not to mention that all enemies instantly know where you are after you shoot, even if it's from a silenced weapon.

Okay, maybe it's just one of the features.

Anyhoo, I'm surprise Yahtzee lasted so long into the game before decided it was repetitive.

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
Eh... hard to enjoy because of the accent shift, it was mildly amusing at first, unpleasantly evoking a grimace all afterward. I get it's supposed to be South African but the whole thing stunk of a dead horse, I was surprised you didn't go off into further horse pummeling with mention of the word "poofter".

More than a joke on the game or on us(ho ho! what a card!), it was just poor wiff.

"'No poofters' amirite guize!" Was what I really heard.

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
Dude, the accent was cool indeed, but I suggest you keep the older accent for the vids :eek: Puhleeese.

You pooned the game as usual too, props.

Deliverance

Sep 18, 2008
The south African Accent degenerated into a stereotypical Aussie one at points, but there were some really great lines xD You needed to throw in more 'hey' at the end of words to be a true saffa though. The basking shark line was good.

Decent review but I await the day when they return to their peak again - not necessarily using the same humour as older ones but with something new, perhaps.

Also - yes he continued the saffa accent through the whole thing but obviously it needed to be used more than just the one line to have an impact, and then where would you stop it? Arbitrarily? That would be kinda weird, he should have stopped it soon after the joke OR carried it through like he did.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
LOL. i always hated far cry. so i dint even bother to get the second one. graphics sure are stunning but the gameplay is as i thought, crap.
even in the german forum i am in, people said they were totally disappointed and it's nothing new or special. that they wasted there money. some idiots were blind and loved the game because it has awesome graphics.
well, far cry 2 will never touch my PC.

Wrend

Oct 20, 2008
The accent Yahtzee used aggrivated me. I guess I lack a proper sense of humor. Far Cry 2 was also very aggrivating. You don't make a sandbox game in which the fire effects only work half of the time, cover doesn't function well as cover, and your character collapses at the meer sight of an L-shaped stick with what appears to be a trigger (regardless of the L-shaped stick's location - whether in a hand or in the dirt); and then force players to run to save points or they risk losing the last hour spent just trying to get to the designated location to ambush the designated caravan.

It did NOT work, Ben. The checkpoints weren't useful if positioned forty minutes away from the next objective.

Sniper rifles were pointless, as well. After the first shot, the men around the newly brainless meat-sack would instantly become professional crime scene investigators and know EXACTLY where to point their rifles and machine guns to turn the player into a delicious new flavor of cheese.

Transportation? You have the option of taking a tram to five specific locations on the first map (I never made it to the second locale): the four corners and the center. You could also steal a boat or vehicle or just hike your fat ass there.

Far Cry 2 was beyond aggrivating and I highly recommend avoiding it.

Raymustang

Jan 22, 2009
I enjoyed the review but the accent felt forced. I suppose its no worse than a South African Australian impersonation though

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Raymustang said:
I enjoyed the review but the accent felt forced. I suppose its no worse than a South African Australian impersonation though
he is original from england but lives here in australia. british and aussie people sound totally different.

Zhalia

Jan 22, 2009
I've been sick of sandbox games since......a long time. I've got my own imagination with me at all times, why would I want to be tortured with it even more when I sit down to play a video game and be entertained? I'm sick to hell of my own imagination, damn. I spent my childhood off in my own little world, and much of my life has been consumed by habits which keep me from doing much at all, my time is spent just waiting and waiting. Deep inside me, I already know everything I could potentially create.

I want to delve into someone ELSE'S stories, thoughts, feelings.

Btw, I hate forums. Am I supposed to obey some sort of unspoken rule here? Like am I supposed to give a very direct comment on the video?
It was funny. I enjoyed it.

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
next-gen (or now-gen as it's called) IS just a colourful sandwich wrapper - worth repeating again and again.

HyruleanHyroe

Oct 30, 2008
Wow, lots of comments on the accent. Guess I'll add mine.

What kind of accent was it supposed to be, cuz to me it just sounded almost like you were making fun of your existing accent, though I'm sure you don't consider it an accent. I found it rather obnoxious, and while the content of the video was awesome, I was a bit put off by it.

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
oi there yahtzee mate, throw a shrimp on the barbie, did a dingo eat yer baby?

Australian accent is officially taking hold, starting with the pronunciation of classify at 40:00.