Zero Punctuation: Fear 2

Slipslop

Feb 24, 2009
Hahaha spot on, i've been waiting for a Yahtzee treatment for this game!

FEAR2 is another example of a half-assed production. The background story about Alma is interesting, all the PDA infos you can read through, but the gamplay itself is like a walk through the park, too easy and boooring. Fear 1 had plenty of scary moments, but the only scary moment of FEAR2 is, that i know that i have wasted 50 bugs on this WIP. I played through it one time and i am dissapointed, this game is made for the casual consumer zombies, kill kill kill that's what it's all about.

Multiplayer is a mess, i give this game a big phatt NEXT! *Team Fortress 2 FAIL sound plays*

Slipslop

Feb 24, 2009
Odjin said:
Duh... Thief 2 is not really great... totally messy AI and you sneaking like a bulldozer. I don't know but Thief 3 had been way better: working AI, sneaking works as sneaking should do ( love the wall hug ) and the story is coherent and not running after you although you sneak like a snail. And HL2 has also been a bad sequel. So we are left with 0 good sequels... no need to fear this new regime ;)
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about buddy... are you a casual consumer zombie?

ikari_matt

Aug 19, 2008
this is turning more and more fucked up xD where is the love? when are we gonna see something that we all enjoys,...well mostly that yatzhee enjoys xD

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
Slipslop said:
Odjin said:
Duh... Thief 2 is not really great... totally messy AI and you sneaking like a bulldozer. I don't know but Thief 3 had been way better: working AI, sneaking works as sneaking should do ( love the wall hug ) and the story is coherent and not running after you although you sneak like a snail. And HL2 has also been a bad sequel. So we are left with 0 good sequels... no need to fear this new regime ;)
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about buddy... are you a casual consumer zombie?
Definitely not. In what way do you think I'm wrong?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Banning the first 4 now are we?

Meh, I'm fine with sequels & remakes, provived the remake only has 1)improved graphics. 2)Replaces only the voices that needed replacing. 3)Adds levels without replacing or removing any. 4)Gets the same music artist to do the music for the new levels. That said, I'm looking forward to American McGee's Alice 2m & I wouldn't be able to deal with sacrificing Baldur's Gate II.

Slipslop

Feb 24, 2009
Odjin said:
Slipslop said:
Odjin said:

Because Thief 2 and HL 2 were great games not bad ones.

yellowbug72

Dec 17, 2008
clauwman said:
That's it, Tomb Raider sentenced to death. Seems fair to me...
multiple death sentences. But then, would those be sequels to the original death sentence? Ah...just shoot me.

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
Slipslop said:
Odjin said:
Slipslop said:
Odjin said:

No argument, just fanboy ranting, useless post and irrelevant attack. Fanboy statement means to say: "it's great but I can't say why". If you want to counter somebody's opinion you have to provide arguments on why the other opinion is incorrect and yours correct. This is called discussion. If you (fanboy) are not able of this stop attacking me.

GlassPirate

Mar 1, 2009
I suppose I'll have to be the one to back this game up...

I honestly liked it. I thought it was a deserving sequel, though as Yahtzee stated the Alma quick-events had no place in that game. It could have worked once, but not 14-15 freaking times. We get it, she's mad at you, O.K.? XD

I heavily enjoyed FEAR 1 and I enjoy this one as well.

I only have three real complaints, and that would be that the game simply isn't very scary at all, except for a few choice moments (I screamed on the first mission and nowhere else), the game is too easy unless you jack the difficulty to ungodly levels,

And that if you really want to enjoy this game you need a kickass soundcard. You don't get the full depth and creepiness of the atmosphere (which is probably the scariest thing, not the crazy children and backwards crawling mental patients). Put on a good pair of surround sound headphones, make sure you have a good soundcard, and the game is much scarier. I was a lot more of edge the second time through, once I happened to buy a Creative X-Fi card.

But yah, that's my two cents.

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
Am
I the only one for whom the video shows up as a big black box and does nothing at all? How do I fix this?

Slipslop

Feb 24, 2009
Odjin said:
Slipslop said:
Odjin said:
Slipslop said:
Odjin said:

No argument, just fanboy ranting, useless post and irrelevant attack. Fanboy statement means to say: "it's great but I can't say why". If you want to counter somebody's opinion you have to provide arguments on why the other opinion is incorrect and yours correct. This is called discussion. If you (fanboy) are not able of this stop attacking me.
Thief 1 and 2 had great athmosphere, story, the gameplay was very exciting and they were pioneers in the stealth genre and did almost everything right and Half Life 2 really nice level design and an interesting story with much room for speculation. You didn't explain HL2 by yourself, you just said it's a bad sequel so gimme hotshot.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
GlassPirate said:
I suppose I'll have to be the one to back this game up...

I honestly liked it. I thought it was a deserving sequel, though as Yahtzee stated the Alma quick-events had no place in that game. It could have worked once, but not 14-15 freaking times. We get it, she's mad at you, O.K.? XD

I heavily enjoyed FEAR 1 and I enjoy this one as well.

I only have three real complaints, and that would be that the game simply isn't very scary at all, except for a few choice moments (I screamed on the first mission and nowhere else), the game is too easy unless you jack the difficulty to ungodly levels,

And that if you really want to enjoy this game you need a kickass soundcard. You don't get the full depth and creepiness of the atmosphere (which is probably the scariest thing, not the crazy children and backwards crawling mental patients). Put on a good pair of surround sound headphones, make sure you have a good soundcard, and the game is much scarier. I was a lot more of edge the second time through, once I happened to buy a Creative X-Fi card.

But yah, that's my two cents.
thats true. i have a creative x-fi soundcard with suroundspeakers and you hear stuff all over you. particularly in school in this corner you hear all kind of stuff where you simply look all over.

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
i dont realy expect much these days from games, specialy sequals
nice review yahtzee