Zero Punctuation: FEAR 3

elitestranger1

Nov 20, 2009
hey i was wondering, as a person who plays 50+ games a year, you must have a beast of a gamerscore, so maybe you mention it in an upcoming xp.
not i care much for achievments, i miss unlocking concept art, behind the scenes vids and other extra goodies.

just a thought

Jim Tungsten

May 9, 2011
i must say that i haven't played and probably never will play this game but at least now i know that there are far worse things i could invest my money in.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yeah. Co-op campaign was really fun, actually.

I never really got to try all the other co-op modes, sadly.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
I just played through this game with a friend from start to finish. We were both pretty surprised when we turned the game on and found out that being Player 2 was significantly more awesome than being Player 1 for once. Also I have to agree with a lot of things here. The game made no fucking sense (it's also the only FEAR game I've played), wasn't scary at all, and was ridiculously short, but it was also really quite fun because of the amount of running and gunning they let you get away with. Overall I thought it was pretty solid.

Also fuck that robot. I know exactly what he's talking about and that shit took us forever.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
Having not bothered to finish the second I am not all that drawn to this. It's not that I did not like the first one, it was fine, I just have other stuff to do and my co-op go to guy lives too far away now, so I'm out on this one.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
Yep, pretty much every horror game is sunk once they add multiplayer.
Nice review, Yahtzee. Pretty damn funny one at that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
How dare you diss multiplayer, Yahtzee! Every game should have multiplayer! I won't even touch solitaire until they patch it for 16 people and I can teabag people who draw aces!

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Okay, "mandatory wall romance" and "sliding around on my back like a proactive whore" both had me laughing so hard the guy in the office next to mine felt compelled to come over and ask what was so funny...

I actually enjoyed the FEAR games that I played... when I bought them off of Steam... because they were on sale... I imagine the same scenario will play out for FEAR 4.

And one final thing: wouldn't FEA6 actually be pronounced 'FEEB' (as in, short for 'feeble'?) You might just be a mad prophet, Mr. Croshaw. Will you please let us know when the apocalypse will happen?

Lord_Nemesis

Paragon Printer
Nov 28, 2010
Totally agreeing with Mr. Yahtzee this time, single player was so shit that it went into a whole new level of uber-shitness but me and my m8 played it coop and had a right good old jolly time.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
lol THI4F? they didn't seriously go with that, oh God.

And when the game is being played by two players, do both characters become faceless mutes? because then it becomes really unfair for player 1 to get a boring character while player 2 is running around with enough chatter for the both of them. And does the CPU character get graded? because that seems a little unfair considering he can't die.

That's the problem with making a single player game with a single player story co-op. The only way it works is if you make both players faceless mutes.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I kept hoping Yahtzee would chime in on TRENCHED!, but I guess that isn't going to happen. Too bad. Such a great game that.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Man when i saw the ending to fear2 i was like" no fucking way man" and the game was like "totally way man, totally".

dman4991

Oct 22, 2009
Well i never really got into the FEAR series and this game doesn't interest me either, were the previous FEARs any good?

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I remember playing the first one and enjoying it immensely. I also remember that it was highly praised and thought of aplenty at the time...

...so, what happened? Sequels in video games usually improve, but then again this series has had a noticeable change of hands in development over the years.