Zero Punctuation: Fez and I Am Alive

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Fez and I Am Alive

This week, Zero Punctuation reveals there are a lot of similarities in indie games.

Watch Video

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
I want to play both games but my wallet has been recently drained on purchasing Tales of Graces and pre-ordering Darksiders II. I really dislike backtracking in games so I think I'll get I Am Alive first.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Wait, you still have Tonsils Yahtzee? Doesn't everyone get those remove when they're a kid?

Fez is pretty neat, too bad what one of the devs said blew up in the whole companies face.

You should check out Botanicula if you want a neat, "DA FUCK?" game.

Like these double whammy reviews, lets you get more bile out than your normal review.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Qitz said:
Wait, you still have Tonsils Yahtzee? Doesn't everyone get those remove when they're a kid?
They don't do that anymore. Nowadays you just take antibiotics for a few days and it clears up.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
wow this review is a mess .I dont even know what yahtzee is talking about .

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Gawd save Yahtzees tonsils.
OT: I wonder if he'll review The Journey.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Hell of a (non-gaming related) intro (and sprinkled throughout), I had no idea but now I have to rewatch last week's ZP.

8-Bit cum, it cannot be unseen! I much prefer *ZELDA SUCCESS SOUND* because my brain correctly makes that sound as if I told you this was Morgan Freeman writing and you read it in his cadence.

That said I am glad two games were done because I have no interest in FEZ but IAA was interesting in tone and concept and videos of it make my interest wain and now ol' Yahtzee has murdered it like his voice (apparently) in the last ZP.

I have kind of the same thing where I want a super realistic game thing and instead get a extra unrealistic videogame-y thing instead. I kind of enjoyed Disaster Report and this seems not even as cool as that. Nuts.

Funny critique as always though.

Feb 28, 2008
Fairly decent review considering the state of your tonsils. Don't want to go and play either, because the PC is where true indie gaming is at.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Fez and I Am Alive

This week, Zero Punctuation reveals there are a lot of similarities in indie game.

Watch Video
As if we didn't already know that

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm more of a Ray Mears man myself; Less dick waving and unnecessary pee drinking.

superbowlbound

Feb 25, 2009
I was surprised you were so nice to Fez. It was an un-clever copy of many other better games and almost every puzzle can be solved by rotating the world. There are many games I would recommend, especially recent 'indie' ones over Fez.

rolandoftheeld

Jun 17, 2010
And not a single shill for Jam. You'd think a review about post-apocalytic games would be the perfect place to shill a post- (or mid-) apocalyptic book. I don't know whether I'm proud or disappointed.

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
Balkan said:
wow this review is a mess .I dont even know what yahtzee is talking about .

Seemed pretty straight forward to me. He was sick as hell last week. He hates Tom Cruise. He thought Fez was shit. He thought I Am Alive was shit.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
I'm suprised that he didn't critize I Am Alive for abandoning its orginal story, surviving an earthquake in Chicago for six days for almost generic post-apocalyse world with dust clouds everywhere.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I was hoping that Fez would be put together with Super Meat Boy. I'm starting to doubt that Yatzee will ever get around to reviewing SMB after this chance was lost and he paid tribute in an Extra Punctuation.

coppah20HE

Apr 8, 2011
lol
the QR code at 2:26 says "Stop pausing the video you tech-savvy bellend"
...so what if i did XP

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well, that tonsil business sounded terrible. Hope you feel better soon Yahtzee.

Good reviews. Shame you didn't enjoy them too much. Oh well. There's always next time.