Zero Punctuation: Firefall - Proof That Jetpacks Make Everything Better?

Lt. Rocky

Jan 4, 2012
Don't worry about having titwanks on the mind, son. I've had it going for the last decade or so. Really gotta ask my sweetheart about that sometime..

Under_your_bed

Sep 15, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's just a shitty laptop.

RAM = 4
https://support.firefallthegame.com/entries/22478271-What-are-the-system-requirements-to-run-Firefall-

Yeah, apparently that's fine. Do you know what graphics card you have? I can personally confirm that some earlier versions functioned on Intel HD 4000 graphics, but only barely.

Also, really do check that internet speed. Can you run games like TF2, counterstrike, Battlefield multiplayer, etc. without running into too much lag? Because Firefall can often be more intensive during particularly busy periods.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Under_your_bed said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's just a shitty laptop.

RAM = 4
https://support.firefallthegame.com/entries/22478271-What-are-the-system-requirements-to-run-Firefall-

Yeah, apparently that's fine. Do you know what graphics card you have? I can personally confirm that some earlier versions functioned on Intel HD 4000 graphics, but only barely.

Also, really do check that internet speed. Can you run games like TF2, counterstrike, Battlefield multiplayer, etc. without running into too much lag? Because Firefall can often be more intensive during particularly busy periods.
Some generic HD Graphics 3000 card. The game is actually up and running, but there're some frame rate issues. Nothing game-breaking, Yahtzee either has it worse than me or he's exaggerating the lag, though I suppose I'll end up getting tired of it eventually. Same thing happened with Star Wars: The Old Republic,

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Nope.
I dumped F2P MMOs like a bad habit this summer, and in a way that's probably more literal than that analogy is typically used.

Of course, it wasn't a completely useless experience. F2P made me realize that any game that has to go out of its way to waste my time solely so it can try and sell me convenience is a game I'd rather not play; "free" or not.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
In answer to your TF2 question, it's because a lot of Valve's design choices on that game was made with assisting the gameplay in mind, rather than focusing on making it look cool. Aside from the character design you mentioned, the game's cartoony style exists because you have a suspend a lot of disbelief if you try to use a realistic art style in a game where two enemy teams will build a base mere meters from each other.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Yahtzee? Playing with other human beings? I'm surprised that you would do something you've loathed in all other videos. Likewise, I'm surprised you didn't review Deus Ex again and blame dementia or something.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
I haven't touched an MMO since I kicked my WoW addiction back in the late 2000nds.

But damn, if I don't enjoy tuning in every week to hear that accent.

Iceklimber

Feb 5, 2013
You should review Mists of Pandaria because 1) It is a hilarious surprise joke to do this when Warlords of Draenor comes out and b) It has an amazing Experience for the first few Hours on the Pandaland Island. While it gets boring after that, the Developers really brought their A-Game for the starting experience of Pandaren. So it would be a quick experience without the MMO grind.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
I like the shoutout to Flash. I don't know how to embed YouTube links, so I guess this'll have to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
I mostly stopped because I was playing alone
MMO isn't fun when playing alone (Surprise isn't it?)
WHY NO LOVE TO MY BIOTECH???
I CAN HEAL YOUR BROKEN HEART, BABY!
(literary, since biotechs are medics)

BoompigXD The Ork said:
I also heard from some of the vets about Chosen Invasions, which were apparently removed in the release version. Chosen would raid a town or Watchtower and players would have to stop them. That was taken out for... what reason? It seems like a fun idea and could add some damn life to the overworld instead of just having nothing in it.
It was fun, but there were issues
Issues involved
1)not enough people responding to raids,
2)chosen being too strong,
3)few who DID respond got their asses kicked (again, and again, and again)
I'm pretty sure it will return but after some tweaking

Frozengale said:
There also was a surprisingly huge lack of direction. I played for a few days and the only thing I really know how to do is use the jetpack.
^THIS
Game really should need something akin of starter island from runescape
Where players can learn EVERYTHING without looking like dumb noobs to other players
I mostly mean chat, party management and special events
I still don't know how to use chat or organise a party :/

GratchDDO

Mar 26, 2009
Iceklimber said:
You should review Mists of Pandaria because 1) It is a hilarious surprise joke to do this when Warlords of Draenor comes out and b) It has an amazing Experience for the first few Hours on the Pandaland Island. While it gets boring after that, the Developers really brought their A-Game for the starting experience of Pandaren. So it would be a quick experience without the MMO grind.
I don't know that Yahtzee would get anywhere into the Mists of the actual game. Read what you wrote. Yahtzee would spend 98% of the review asking how long it took the legions of Blizzard developers to put the word Smurf... err Panda into every describable item/race/landmark/title in the expansion. Then there would be mentions of illicit panda acts which would all need names and pictures. Then he'd sum up with "It's WoW you ^*#*&!" and how we shouldn't ask him for another review of a WoW thing ever never ever again.

While I'm personally enjoying Wildstar right now... I could also see a review boiling down to WoW+ with Red Overlays. The dungeons are great, the PVP is mostly fun, there's Simon and destroying the F key and the end of zone PVE quests often have a great sequences....also a lot more verticality in the landscapes ::: but most of the PVE game still boils down to collecting your 10 badger hides. And the badgers are green at level 15 and then blue at level 25 and then purple at level 35... aka... WoW+