Zero Punctuation: For Honor

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
Bindal said:
TheScorpion said:
I'm still having trouble seeing why I should get this when I have Chivalry Medieval Warfare.
Well, Chivalry only has knights - this has more than just knights.
On the other hand, Chivalry has mods which let you use lightsabers in Star Wars settings.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Goliath100 said:
The Norwegian for "stop kicking your ball over my fence" is "slutt ? sparke ballen din over mitt gjerdet". It's not that hard.
You went to Google Translate, didn't you? The correct translation is, "Slutt ? sparke ballen din over gjerdet mitt."

On topic: Loving all the Norwegian mentions in ZP now. :3 And DEFINITELY perked up at the mention of that pseudoscience garbage "Deadliest Warrior".

3LANCER

Sep 11, 2008
Bindal said:
TheScorpion said:
I'm still having trouble seeing why I should get this when I have Chivalry Medieval Warfare.
The DLC (which is often on deep discounts) adds ninjas, vikings, samurai, spartans and pirates

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Cid Silverwing said:
You went to Google Translate, didn't you? The correct translation is, "Slutt ? sparke ballen din over gjerdet mitt."
To answer your question: I'm gonna correct it with a double a.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
See, everyone seems to have missed the important point of the video.

Who would Yahtzee marry and kill?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
What a coincidence! Here I am at GDC, and watching this video while sitting across from Ubisoft's booth. I can see a couple of stations to play For Honor at, and yeah, it looks less than impressive.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Goliath100 said:
Cid Silverwing said:
Yeah... I like how this forum was set up, and it's impressive that they built it from scratch instead of loading in a pre-made engine like PHPBB or whatever, but my God do they need to add Unicode support already. Or indeed support for literally any character set beyond ASCII-128.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
nightowlc said:
???

Knights v. Samurai v. Vikings might have made a fun video arcade game in the 80s or 90s. Time Killers comes to mind, no story, just characters in 1v1 fights with various special moves.

But can't see it in any type of story mode, it just winds up being like Soulcalibur or Mortal Kombat having a story mode.
Essentially in alternate Earth or whatever, the planet got hit by a comet or had some other major earthquake event and wrecked all civilizations (a couple spots mention "The Empire" as a previous thing, implied to be Rome). I guess Japan fell into the ocean or something, cause the Samurai guys are Japanese (in a cutscene it comes up), and travelled to end up living where they are in the game.

Its pretty shallow, but at least there's some vague premise there.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
TheScorpion said:
Took the words out of my mouth. To be a bit fair though, the expansion for it apparently blows.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Goliath100 said:
Cid Silverwing said:
... I didn't put that question mark in there. Does this forum not support foreign letters?

Nicho223

Jul 19, 2014
The Vikings in For Honor are not speaking Norwegian, they are speaking Icelandic. I KNOW, I AM ONE.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
3LANCER said:
Bindal said:
TheScorpion said:
The DLC (which is often on deep discounts) adds ninjas, vikings, samurai, spartans and pirates
That's not a DLC, that's a seperate game.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
My roommate and I get such a kick out of his pronunciation of Japanese names and nouns. Tell me more about Ayaeassu Tokugawa and his Samyourai. I think he's doing it as a running gag.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Didn't make me laugh as much as usual but bugger me dead if that wasn't a genuine, thought provoking critique of the game and the conceptual problems it based it's entire foundation on. Solid review.

LuckyDanny

Jan 11, 2017
I'm halfway through Mogworld, and I'm really enjoying it! Just ordered your new book, hope it's good as your other creations. By the way, what do you think about nintendo's new console? It deserves an entire review like playstation vr... right? right?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
cleric of the order said:
"nobody plays duels"
it's moderately active to high activity for me
What country are you in? This game has issues if you try to play outside your country.