Zero Punctuation: Gears of War 2

dssturn

Oct 23, 2008
A well-rounded review. I talked to a friend who plays GoW2 incessantly and he also thought the wife subplot was annoying and unnecessary.

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
hilarious as always, Yahtzee. To be honest, I was hoping for more game reviewing than game rediculing, but in this it fit and was worth it anyway

chaos666

Jan 20, 2009
As always nice review, full of laughs and good points about the game. All in all Gears of War 2 is a good game just not as good as they hyped it up to be (in my opinion anyway). Don't get me wrong I still liked. Don't suppose you can can do a Resistance 2 review, or Call of Duty world at War, please pretty please.

Dean Reilly

Jan 26, 2009
Loved it. Wondering how many students are going to make references to chest high walls in my classes tomorrow. Also, part of me hopes that some innocent wee gamer is going to watch that and think that games really *are* developed by blokes locked in cupboards.

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
haha so funney :ull get kicked so hard that ur balls will come out of ur ears laughed my arse off there

but in my opinon gears is really boring i mean could forgive it others things like id still buy it but i would recomned it to a friend unless there brain is like the ai in gears lol i dont it like because its just the same thing over and over agein fire fire fire cover cover cover thats all i mean in most shooters the enemi after a period of time will come up to u and force u to get out of there in gear ur just in cover all the time fireing at the same spot in till they die also as yatzee said its to set up for u (chest high walls)

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Just for once I'd like to see a ZP video that doesn't suffer 5+ first-posters who get insta-suspended.

And GOW = Halo.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
That was great! Chest high walls dropping from the ceiling, wearing half a car, and the moronic AI during revivals were dead on! Although I do have to say that the lab level does explain why there are giant insane thingies trying to kill you.
But what about the craptastic boss fights? After the ones in Gears 1, I was hoping for much more than the gimmick/repeat method of killing giant things.

Jul 9, 2008
Bored Tomatoe said:
My god, he actually gave some good points to a game as well as bashing it...
Oh no, the world is ending! Run!!
PhiMed said:
Best review in a while. Not only did he engage in constructive criticism, but he succeeded for the first time in month in making me laugh out loud.
"Sometimes popular things are popular for a reason. Because they're good... or because Will Smith is in it." HAHAHAHA
I know. That particular statement is the first thing in a long, long time that Yahtzee's said that I fully agree with.
Odoylerules360 said:
And it's good to see people getting banned for commenting before they watch the video.
Not really. We were finally getting the number of ZP banees down, I was thinking maybe the trolls learned their lessons. Oh well.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Whoever said that Yahtzee isn't funny anymore can go jump off a cliff! I fucking love every single episode and this one is no exception. I literally pissed myself when he said that joke with the little farting bird :D Hoo-bloody-ray for Yahtzee!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
orannis62 said:
Odoylerules360 said:
And it's good to see people getting banned for commenting before they watch the video.
Not really. We were finally getting the number of ZP banees down, I was thinking maybe the trolls learned their lessons. Oh well.
Do you think the ZP fanbase has leveled off yet?
I can't quite figure out how there are always soo many banees every video...

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
This is one of those lovely gems in which I agree with almost everything he says. I got Gears 1, returned it after beating it and got Gears 2 with the money from returning it, beat it, returned it and probably ended up MAKING money.

That being said, the campaigns were fun though the story was very very lacking and some sequences got frustrating, especially those split-up ones from Gears 1. But it didn't really have lasting appeal to me. I only wish Yahtzee had ventured into the buggy, cheater- and hacker-filled mess that is Gears 2 multiplayer.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
I can't believe the first posters thought no one would notice them claiming to have watched it in under a minute.

Hmmm.. Yahtzee liked a game... I must get it.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Yet more NPCs with the stupid virus, Is that what you were trying to say Yahtzee?
Also, an epidemic of chest high walls that doesn't transition to well?

All and all, very funny.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
This review reflects my thoughts on the game exactly. Even with all its flaws, Gears of War 2 is an enjoyable game. I personally only play in coop though because, as mentioned, the AI is useless and will sometimes run out and get killed thus forcing you to reload a checkpoint.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Cheesebob said:
I loved it :D

I wonder...who would win in a fight of homoerticism, The guys from GoW 2 or army of 2?
I'd have to say Ao2, the Gears guys don't share parachutes. It's also much clearer with the Army guys who the, uh... catcher and pitcher would be >.>

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
I'm quite surprised. I figured you'd have nothing but hate for it. Well entertaining review, summed it up quite nicely =].