Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus

Aihal

Oct 18, 2007
My feelings exactly about PSP games, it seems pointless releasing action games requiring the analogue nub on it. For example - Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters wasn't a bad game, but on the PSP I found it so uncomfortable to play I traded it in almost immediately.

X nosgoth X

Dec 24, 2007
I laughed again. I didn't expect this game to be reviewed though.

And yeah, all girlfriends want to fuck you. You just fueled my paranoia.

Watershed

Dec 10, 2007
Eventually, people will realise that posting "first comment" after less than a minute of the thread opening will get you banned... but until that day.

Doug said:
Another fine job from Yahtzee, and no doubt the SSBB thread madness will spread here with the 'Brawl is still shit' comment at the end.
Probably, I didn't even bother looking at that thread, I just watched the comment number shoot up every time I clicked refresh. It was worrying.

Great review though, it's always a good game for letting out frustration. It just doesn't really appeal to me that much. I played my housemate's copy of the first one and liked it but not enough to buy the sequel. I prefered POP.

Feb 13, 2008
The review was good, but I wasn't really that into God of War games anyway.

And then, This Just In...and I was wetting myself with laughter.

MiniMaharu

Apr 30, 2008
I have to say that I love this review, not that I don't love every review.
Though it seems that our friend, Yahtzee, is getting more and more sexual with each and every review he makes.
Yahtzee! Get yourself a girl, mate!
Or a guy..
I can't really conclude that you're straight, considering almost every review has some sort of homosexual reference.

Oh! And just to add to all of this, I'm a girl who's favourite game is God of War AND I've watched every one of your reviews. So there! You and your assumption that girls don't get the pleasure from ripping eyes out, breaking necks, etc.

And I half expected you to bring up the sex scene near the very beginning of the game. Pft! You're starting to lose your touch! Commenting less and less on the game.

The one part is definately true though...
... The girls who watch it want in your pants!

babyblues

Apr 22, 2008
You should have left your number, Yahtzee. Thousands of secretly-pining girlfriends just thought you acknowledged them. Your women troubles would be over!

Jokes aside, I didn't like the review much at first but the second time it was funny. Good one as always.

GokoWildheart

Apr 24, 2008
Thank you for the review Yahtzee. I also hate the tiny analog stick and it always filling up with that stuff that i can only guess to be dead skin in mear secs of using it showing how dirty the human thumb get's even when you take a bath daily o_O

TheDraconicLord

Apr 17, 2008
...OK, Yahtzee has average, funny, hilarious and epic reviews but this one was GOLD.

Maybe it's because I'm the proud owner of God of War: Chain of Olympus and all he said in a most hilarious way is true, but I laughed with such intensity XD

"... is the combat that is satisfying to the point of eroticism."

And yes, please, if anyone hasn't tried out GoW yet, ask a friend, borrow it, buy it cheaply, whatever, give it a try!

It's bloody-riffic!

And again, beautiful review!

PrimeZero2

Apr 30, 2008
What? No complaining about QTEs? Anyways, excellent review as always. What remains to be seen is if all the Nintendo fanboys will come here and complain about Yahtzee liking a PSP game better than their beloved holy grail SSBB.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Damn, I hoped that if a PSP title was gonna get it, it would have been Final Fantasy:Crisis Core (I liked the game, just ZP would have had a field day with it!)

Own up if you hope next week GTA gets some ZP action......

Spacehouse

Mar 5, 2008
I like how games like devil may cry try desperatly to be like god of war, but fail miserably once they realize that the only people who would buy their games are worthless otakus.

that aside, killing stuff in the most gruesome ways possible in GOW always gives me an olympus sized raging boner, which i myself find disturbing as well.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Jade-Scale said:
I wrote "First Comment!" then watched the video. Then edited my comment afterwards.
Bye bye. I'd say it was nice knowing you, but that might be a bit of a fib.

And Yahtzee overall seemed to be very flattering to this game. I am most befuddled.

Lzdarkangel

Apr 16, 2008
The fuck you button i wish every game had them like on burnout paradise when you crash there should be a button to set of a nuke in your car which then destroys the hole city wish i had one then i could press to see what i'd do probably would spontaniously combust.

Glad he didnt review gta although he probably wont out of spite coz the amount of people that have probably emailed him askin him too or it ain't been released in australia yet

Glad for a good review after last weeks attempt falling on its arse altho enuf people posted on it coz of all yahtzees fan bois lol i iz well typin that english init ahh help me chav in brain stomp the fecker

Gerrark

Apr 30, 2008
Spacehouse said:
I like how games like devil may cry try desperatly to be like god of war, but fail miserably once they realize that the only people who would buy their games are worthless otakus.

that aside, killing stuff in the most gruesome ways possible in GOW always gives me an olympus sized raging boner, which i myself find disturbing as well.
I know you say "like Devil May Cry" so you may not actually mean the game Devil May Cry, simply games along the same vein. But in case you were trying to establish that Devil May Cry is trying to be like God of War: Wrong and dumb. Save for Devil May Cry 4, all of those games came out before the first God of War did.