Zero Punctuation: Grand Theft Auto 5

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Despite not saying it's a bad game I'm sure this review will piss off plenty of GTA fanboys.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oddly enough I was hoping he would do Shadow Warrior this week. Maybe he will use it to cleanse his palate of the 'meh' that is his opinion of gtaV.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Pretty much summarises much of what I think about this game.

And THANK YOU so much for bringing up the damn flying! If we exclude the internet dwellers I am the only person I know who hates the damn planes and the helicopters.

Oh yeah, and let's prepare the flame shield. You may have not given a numerical score but you don't need to in order to fan flames.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
And queue people who probably haven't even played the game vehemently defending it.
I found GTA V fun at times, but overall fairly bland. I agree that none of the characters are fleshed out or interesting in any capacity. And for zany fun, I found Saints Row IV much more agreeable.

SuperScrub

May 3, 2012
*Hands Yahtzee a flame shield*

You're going to need this dude. While I thought your review was quite funny GTA V fans might be...less than amicable.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Buccura said:
Despite not saying it's a bad game I'm sure this review will piss off plenty of GTA fanboys.
If a 9/10 review including one word they didn't like can do it, I'd bet you're right.

Anyway, nice to see another critic point out that the game is not necessarily the pube igniting masterpiece many claim it to be.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
I think comparisons, not just with Saints Row IV, but also Skyrim are in order. Just how does one make games this big both balanced and with tightness and direction?

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
So you find it average with poor writing, pointless RPG elements, by the nose story missions and no overarching plot.

Not GOTY material then?

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
That's strange. I guess I don't live in as hip and cool of a city being stuck in the huge Texas bunghole and all that, but I haven't noticed an abundance of ads for this game. Maybe they don't think us Texans are a worthy market to pursue. :(

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Incontinent honey badger in a whore house kitchen before...

Yeah, even for Yahtzee that metaphor was a bit long, rambly and weird, I think.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I might buy this game for 20 bucks during a steam sale if it ever gets released for the pc, I didn?t like past grand theft auto games enough for me to bother buying this one for 60 bucks.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Yeah, I have to say that I agree with this review pretty wholly. The writing can be funny and the characters are sometimes clever but that's about it. It's probably the best GTA game so far, but I can only play it for an hour or two before I get bored from driving all the way down town just for a mission to send me all the way back to where I was. It just gets a little tedious and no amount of random "stop/help the stick-up guy" missions will change that.

I really hope no one expected Yahtzee to get on here today and also pay homage to the throbbing mass that is GTA 5's over-inflated genitals. There are quite enough critics gorging themselves upon it, so what's say you guys let this one go and just accept that fact that this game is not for everyone?

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Whew! The GTA Zombie Plague has spared Yahtzee so he isn't slobbering all over GTA V's knob in this review. All is right with the world.

I personally feel the game has it's moments, however all of the scripted to death portions of it, are not them.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
dint bother to get any of them after SA. plus there is no pc version so i dont even care at all.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Seems about where Greg Tito came out- Mechanically competent but no interesting or likeable characters or developments.

ImBigBob

Dec 24, 2008
Yeah, I knew you were going to hate it. Further justification for me to not buy it! Plus I still need to get Saints Row 4.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
This is how I've felt with any GTA game, not good or bad but fun enough to be passable entertainment.