Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero III

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
Gah, the guys at work are obsessed with this game. I wish they'd shut up about it already.

Hypersapien

Nov 14, 2007
Cool. I think we just found out what 'Twing Twang' is.

Yes, I am disappointed that it isn't cunnilingus.

rhizic

Nov 14, 2007
am i the only person on the planet that think GH sucks? i mean come on, its on a super powerful computer and you get what a couple of dozen songs? all but four suck, and its completely repetative game play. could they not just bump it up? anyways amazing review [but isnt it always] the blue screen bit at the end was well good.

zerotrace

Oct 3, 2007
"Don't tell me I suck because I four starred Free Bird on hard"

You suck.

I completed Guitar Hero 2 on the release date within 3 hours...Then again, I'm one of those freaks you described.

And Raining Blood is easy once you can sort the HOPOs out.

In short...If you think the last tier is hard...Try beating Lou on expert (comes down to luck really), and then, complete Through The Fire and Flames.

You think you have wankers cramp?: http://zerotrace.blogspot.com/2007/11/ah-fuck-wanking-cramp.html

And of course...My Guitar Hero 3 stat page: http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/235525

Good review though, kept me laughing :D

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
ah i must say its one of his better ones. love the whole im not gay thing too

bride_of_lister

Dec 12, 2007
You keep telling yourself that Yahtzee... but you did make me stay up another hour because I knew that the new Zero Punctuation would be out. Feel free to gloat over your ability to keep a girl awake all night.

Zegjita

Dec 12, 2007
This review was great. Out of all the things I was expecting him to pick on, I was not expecting guitar hero.

p0nda

Aug 25, 2007
As there are 9 posts in the 12 minutes since ZP was released, it occurs to me that I am not the only one who opens the Escapist website at 8.55am and hits ctrl + F5 repeatedly until the review comes out. I take some comfort in that.

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
rhizic said:
am i the only person on the planet that think GH sucks? i mean come on, its on a super powerful computer and you get what a couple of dozen songs? all but four suck, and its completely repetative game play. could they not just bump it up? anyways amazing review [but isnt it always] the blue screen bit at the end was well good.
Well, it's a rhythm game. The appeal has alway sbeen the ease by which you can get into it and the "party" feel.

It's true though - the people who are extremely good at it with ridiculous achievements on expert on "Through Fire and Flames" really are freaks, in the sense that they have obsessively been able to play the game that quickly or for that long. I've been tempted to get any one of the Guitar Hero series of games for a while, but when I think about what it takes to actually get good at it I think my game time is better spent elsewhere.

Review's pretty spot on - most glaring is the omission of the co-op quick play mode, something which Rock Band definitely has a leg up on.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
It's fortunate that so few of my friends are gamers, because I'm shamelessly going to steal the razor wire self flossing remark from this video and use it as often as possible in my day to day conversations.
That said, I'd been holding off on Guitar Hero III because the difficulty issues were something early adopters of the game I know were bitching about from square one. I have half a dozen friends with this game on my Xbox Live friends list and only one of them accumulated more than a hundred achievement points before giving up and buying Mass Effect or slinking back into HHalo 3's matchmaking lobby. I know achievement points shouldn't be the deciding factor in picking up a game, but I feel somewhat vindicated in my decision to go straight to titles that are worth playing instead of spending a hundred and fifty bucks on the sequel to a game I only half completed in the first place, even if it does mean I miss the opportunity to mash buttons (hopefully) in tune with such songs as 'Knights of Cydonia' or 'Ever Fallen in Love?'.

cattypat

Oct 31, 2007
Once again Yahtzee hits the nail right on with GH3.
I had the exact similar experiance with the final songs, you get the feeling they were designed for those GH freaks, whom really think their plastic guitar skills will magnetically pull girls and cause their eavesdropping postman to give them money for the performance.
Back to the topic, the animation has increased massivly which will make my many viewings all the more enjoyable. Definatly as good as the Bioshock review!

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Btw did anyone noticed this? when he showed a screenshot of Guitar Hero 3 in game, he pointed at the Gamespot logo at the bottom corner and called them jerks

Tumbler360

Nov 28, 2007
Sweet!

Great roast, loved it.

Cock Slapping the Mona Lisa, that was very nice.

Keep up the good work!

fundude365

Dec 12, 2007
Tom Morello is more of a legend of rock than anyone posting on this thread will ever be... especially Yahtzee! I've thoroughly enjoyed all of his reviews so far and it feels like one of my friends suddenly revealed that they in fact hated me the whole time and only kept up the masquerade to learn my deepest, darkest secrets then sell them to some online bastard comittee alond with a stamped, addressed jiffy bag so that they can let me have a hard copy of everything they think about me... In the harshest terms possible! Fuck you very much my friend! I'll probably keep watching because your scathing wit is about all that keeps me going in the minefield of Politically Correctness that currently infests life.

Exposed Lie

Dec 12, 2007
i cant believe im the first to mention this (or at least i think i am) but...what the hell is wrong with learning to play a real guitar? :|

also

bride_of_lister said:
You keep telling yourself that Yahtzee... but you did make me stay up another hour because I knew that the new Zero Punctuation would be out. Feel free to gloat over your ability to keep a girl awake all night.
haha, that made me laugh quite a bit :D