Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
No idea what to make of either game, Rock Band has the better song list, but being a Wii owner that doesn't apply to me. GH:WT has its ups and downs but I think its better on the Wii than Rock Band is.

I agree with Yahtzee's rage at the ignorance of Australia. The delay on Rock Band was far too long.

Akas

Feb 7, 2008
Sigh...I hope Deus Ex 3 doesn't shatter what's left of my halfway-broken dreams of a sequel...or that the high-def Deus Ex mod finishes soon.

Good review...and I've been fortunate with singers, either I belt out something decent, or an engineer with a rock star personality jumps into the room and does it instead -_-.

Feb 13, 2008
No Stairway? Denied!

And if you think waiting for Rockband was bad....You're gonna be getting older, losing your hair, many years from now to get Sgt. Pepper [http://www.nme.com/news/the-beatles/41256]

Solo508

Jul 19, 2008
Ugh... I'll be honest, I didn't laugh once through that video. I only watch these videos to listen to Yahtzee's opinion on games and most of that video wasn't about the game at all. Also, what a bad choice of game to feature this week. I don't see any difference between this and the Guitar Hero III video; just the same sort of jokes about the weird controls and the people who like them along with some strange hyperboles that failed to make me laugh.

Also, you said you already had Far Cry 2, why don't you review that? Theres tons of jokes you could come up with about that. I'm quite dissapointed this week.

Rossinio

Oct 23, 2008
And he's complaining about no-one wanting to sing, yet he's put in aa brilliant rendition of "Deus Ex: The Musical" right at the end? My god, Mr. Yahtzee, I'm suprised you don't fend people off the microphone to belt out some tunes after that peformance!

Pretty good review though, the drumkit is pretty useless, seen so many faulty ones get returned.

amodelmerol

Sep 10, 2008
I DEMAND the mp3 of the Deus Ex parody song

Loved ZP this week, and we Mexicans also got screwed with RB (but not as much as the Aussies though)

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
That ending bit was random...

(Pedro Steckecilo is slightly ashamed as is the one who actually likes singing in his "band")

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Oh my god, now for something completely different, Deus Ex!

Also I think Stairway to Heaven has been murdered enough by every kid looking to pick up there first electric in said music store.

Bubblesix

Nov 26, 2008
Yahtzee actually surprised me..
Negramaro is an italian band, not a spanish one. No, I didn't know they were in GHWT at all. I'm still asking myself WHY they are in at all, as NOBODY, EVEN IN ITALY ever heard about "nuvole e lenzuola". Really, No one did.
What does it have to do with the review? The usually overly accurate Yahtzee just got caught in his own momentum, failing to give a shit wheter a song is italian or spanish, failing to stop himself before getting to the point where he had to declare "I might be nitpicking, now", failing to hide the kid in him looking forward to an awesome music game (at the beginning of the video), but managed to put back his hat before the end to become once again the gory bastard we all know.
At this point, I don't honestly know anymore if he is really the opportunistic pessimist we get to see on wednesday(the kind of people that never expect anything from life, just to get always positively surprised every time something slightly good comes), if he's faking it just to leave us in awe every week...or if his hat possessed him.

I still love his job, but his drunken monkey review style is somewhat wearing old..He's slowly descending from the olympus where I placed him last year, becoming an (discard:-ephemeral-) human once again.

@FuckYouDad: Fixed

LadyZephyr

Nov 1, 2007
Deus Ex was my first FPS and that song was about a million times better than the review.

Rock on, Yahtzee. \o/

FuckYouDad

Apr 23, 2008
Bubblesix said:
Yahtzee actually surprised me..
Negramaro is an italian band, not a spanish one. No, I didn't know they were in GHWT at all. I'm still asking myself WHY they are in at all, as NOBODY, EVEN IN ITALY ever heard about "nuvole e lenzuola". Really, No one did.
What does it have to do with the review? The usually overly accurate Yahtzee just got caught in his own momentum, failing to give a shit wheter a song is italian or spanish, failing to stop himself before getting to the point where he had to declare "I might be nitpicking, now", failing to hide the kid in him looking forward to an awesome music game (at the beginning of the video), but managed to put back his hat before the end to become once again the gory bastard we all know.
At this point, I don't honestly know anymore if he is really the opportunistic pessimist we get to see on wednesday(the kind of people that never expect anything from life, just to get always positively surprised every time something slightly good comes), if he's faking it just to leave us in awe every week...or if his hat possessed him.

I still love his job, but his drunken monkey review style is somewhat wearing old..He's slowly descending from the olympus where I placed him last year, becoming an ephemeral human once again.
Oh no! Not ephemeral!