Zero Punctuation: Halo 3

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Personally Halo 3's campaign was too rushed. Enemy AI was too good at times and your allies AI sucked, weapons were cheap and the multiplayer while somewhat good with forge and such, is completly infested with asshole snipers and missle launcher using fags.

Kurtrabba

Oct 24, 2009
my problem with halo is that it offers no gameplay elements that are now or original and worse yet the story (that you dont get from the game) is great but people think the name/faceless space marine thing is good for a main charecter but i say NO YOU FOOL it makes me hate master chef I dont care about him in game any way and mutiplayer is just full of dickwads

elichan7

Oct 29, 2009
HALO 3 IS MAIN STREAM CRAP, i may be the only person with an xbox who refuses to buy this game out of pure hatred for how much worse the halo series got after 1

Tddawg25

Apr 4, 2009
Agree with this to the fullest, Halo 3 is definitely not perfect its Multiplayer is good but its Single Player Campaign is lacking a lot.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
beddo said:
I don't get how Yahtzee complain about not knowing the back story and complains about it suggesting it's somehow inconsistent.

Yet when talking about Half-Life 2 he makes no such complaint about the fact the back story is involved. Neither does he mention the wild inconsistencies between this supposedly mass infiltrated world of oppressive and intelligent aliens which somehow the player manages to escape only to end up in some bizarre zombie infested town before going on to rule over a colony of giant insects.
How on Earth could the story of Half-Life 2 be inconsistent? You freaking walked through it all! What inconsistencies were there?

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Redingold said:
beddo said:
I don't get how Yahtzee complain about not knowing the back story and complains about it suggesting it's somehow inconsistent.

Yet when talking about Half-Life 2 he makes no such complaint about the fact the back story is involved. Neither does he mention the wild inconsistencies between this supposedly mass infiltrated world of oppressive and intelligent aliens which somehow the player manages to escape only to end up in some bizarre zombie infested town before going on to rule over a colony of giant insects.
How on Earth could the story of Half-Life 2 be inconsistent? You freaking walked through it all! What inconsistencies were there?
How about the fact that a massive alien army from another dimension had taken over and built a giant Citadel in the middle of the city but a 10 minute drive out there's a backwater village that was hit by a zombie plague which the invading forces just seem to ignore.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
beddo said:
Redingold said:
beddo said:

How about the fact that a massive alien army from another dimension had taken over and built a giant Citadel in the middle of the city but a 10 minute drive out there's a backwater village that was hit by a zombie plague which the invading forces just seem to ignore.
How do you mean? The invading army turned the townsfolk of Ravenholme into Zombies using their rockets filled with headcrabs.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
beddo said:
Redingold said:
beddo said:

They caused the zombie outbreak, because it was easier than wiping out the town using actual troops.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Redingold said:
beddo said:
Redingold said:
beddo said:

They caused the zombie outbreak, because it was easier than wiping out the town using actual troops.
Really when it comes down to it, inconsistencies can be based upon not telling the viewer and letting them eventually figure out the crap, or because people forgot to mention it. The issue comes down to the fact that whether you did it on purpose or not. A rather irritating inconsistency would be God of War, in which (SPOILER) Zeus was helping out Kratos a few tims, knowing what the outcome was to be in the first game, then in the second, he was going to destroy Kratos. Why the hell did he help him in the first place if he was going to kill him in the next?

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Redingold said:
beddo said:
Redingold said:
beddo said:

That just doesn't make sense that a military might that could so easily take over would need to resort to using biology from another universe.

Anyway, that's not really what I was referring to, I was saying that complaining about inconsistencies in Halo 2 because you don't know the back story is nonsense. The same parallels can be drawn with Half-Life 2.

The Combine came out of nowhere. The headcrabs from Xen seem to make an appearance purely beca\use they were in the first game(s). Gordon Freeman is just suddenly dropped in this world with no explanation but everyone just seems to know who he is. I get that it's meant to be mysterious and believe there's some big goings on with time and inter-dimensional travel with the G-Man but I think it's all just posture, pretending to be like that because they haven't figured it out yet. Much like the series Lost, they're just clasping at straws.

Don't get me wrong, I like Half-Life 2, especially Episode 2 but I don't think its story matches even the low expectations of Halo 2's.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I like how Bungie said They were done with Halo after this title.
Now here it is 2009, and we have what 5 Halo games with a 6th on the way?
Way to go originality.
Why try when the fanboys will continue to re-buy the same stuff over and over.

inb4BAW

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
So, I finally played Halo (1) a while back at a lan party. And I thought Yahtzee was wrong!!! It was so much fun. Once I left, got home and started the single player, I quickly realised it was only fun with my friends. So, good for lan, and that's all. Not to say it's really bad or anything. As Yahtzee said, average. And I would much rather play Far Cry 2 or Crysis or COD 4 or even UT3. The campaign mode! Yeah.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
I disagree with you greatly on this one. Whilst it isn't perfect and is certainly cashing in on standard formula, the space opera aspect is awesome. You do need to play the first one and even the second really.

mervellious

Nov 21, 2009
Brilliant. Personally I think he was being too nice to Halo 3 but I know that I'll never be able to convince people it's as bad as it really is.

Dr boo 2

Nov 23, 2009
whilst being an avid fan of the halo games i have to agree with yz halo is not genius it just ok not brill

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Jimrollson said:
Haha Dillon from Predator was the man! Great review.
I just re-watched this one, and he hit everything right on (my opinion). I always thought the weapons looked like toys, often making me think of my childhood, multicolored, squirt guns, it really DID feel like half the time you were listening to a little girl yell orders to you, the enemies were schizophrenic with the pseudo-seriousness mixed in with failed comedic relief thrown about, and it was like you had the guy from predator backing you up. Now that I think about it, the elites have the same mouth as the predators, so humanity had NO excuse to lose. And maybe Arnold Swarzenegger was underneath the Master Chef's armor with a voice modifier. That would explain everything.

John47

Jul 19, 2010
beddo said:
Redingold said:
beddo said:
Redingold said:
beddo said:

That just doesn't make sense that a military might that could so easily take over would need to resort to using biology from another universe.

Anyway, that's not really what I was referring to, I was saying that complaining about inconsistencies in Halo 2 because you don't know the back story is nonsense. The same parallels can be drawn with Half-Life 2.

The Combine came out of nowhere. The headcrabs from Xen seem to make an appearance purely beca\use they were in the first game(s). Gordon Freeman is just suddenly dropped in this world with no explanation but everyone just seems to know who he is. I get that it's meant to be mysterious and believe there's some big goings on with time and inter-dimensional travel with the G-Man but I think it's all just posture, pretending to be like that because they haven't figured it out yet. Much like the series Lost, they're just clasping at straws.

Don't get me wrong, I like Half-Life 2, especially Episode 2 but I don't think its story matches even the low expectations of Halo 2's.

the combine came from the portal that freeman opened in the first game although they didnt actually came throguh the same portal but they noticed the massive amounts of energy and came to earth now the combine are not the troops the advisors are the real combine the troops are modified humans they use as grunts the combine need living lifeforms to survive . now - everyone HAS to know about freeman because he killed the effin ruller of the xen world - nihilanth and has stopped the alien invasion so ever rebel trusts him to destroy the combine also now about gman my theory is quite unusual you might say i think that gordon is living only the action and important parts of his life hence the title half life as he arrives the same train from black mesa to city 17. now the other "imployes" of gman are barney and shepherd.