Zero Punctuation: Halo 3

Cavmatrix

Feb 27, 2009
If Halo 3 was any different from the other two halos besides jumping up and down on the massive robots trying to fid that one small spot at the back it would be worth playing.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
The multi-player is good, would be better if they installed better weapons and more maps (free, preferably, so I don't have to spend 20$ more to play a game I already bought). Same goes for single-player, although I still find the single-player campaign poor in comparison to the other great games I've played. Decent single campaign, but I wouldn't play it a second time. Only use it is now for me is to play Team Slayer online (which actually stays fun, and if they improved it, it would have the potential of a good online game, like Quake Wars or UT).

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Siris said:
Halo 3 has a serious case of the 'meh'
That it does, sure it has a few new weapons and enemies, but so do expansion packs, over-rated and under-worked. I think they churned this out just to cash in the bucks.

Senial

Sep 18, 2008
I think most people replying on here would be bitching if this was made by someone else.

hannahdonno

Apr 5, 2009
Cavmatrix said:
If Halo 3 was any different from the other two halos besides jumping up and down on the massive robots trying to fid that one small spot at the back it would be worth playing.
I found the only difference in Halo 3 was the buttons and the amonut of dicks in the community.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I actually just started playing Halo 2 (my introduction to the series, I guess), and I'm surprised how much fun it is. It's certainly not the best game ever or anything, but every part of the game outside of the Flood sections is pretty much exactly the way it should be. Massive environments, seamless loading, beautiful character models and backgrounds, fun weapons, an interesting story (The Arbiter rules) and some actually decent vehicle sections.

Believe me, I'm surprised. I saw the original Halo being played a while back and thought it looked incredibly bland. I still hate the popularity of Halo as a series, because it has started all of these annoying trends in console FPSing, but I guess this serves as yet ANOTHER reminder to me that I should always play a game before forming an opinion about a game. Even the Flood sections are unplayable. I mean, I still get to be the Arbiter, and that counts for something, I guess. Oh, and it gives me a chance to play with the Plasma Sword.

Advent Antigone

Jun 13, 2009
I just want to hug you for finally saying what I've always thought about what must be the most overrated videogame in the history of the universe.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Wow, looks like people are still chatting on this even though it is 2 years old :D

Anyways, I was dissapointed in Halo 3, as with Halo 2, it didn't add enough to make it a good sequal. I really enjoyed the first, it is probably the best FPS I've ever played.

Chaingang

Dec 22, 2008
I love to hear all these people complaining about the singleplayer. While I realize that it could have been better, I do believe the overall focus of this game was the multiplayer. Bungie could have taken the time to make the game eat thunder and shit lightning, but they didn't. I really do believe they balanced it out with the secret skulls. There is so much more you can do with them. While, no, they dont change the gameplay that much, you have to remember that any good game is "on rails" to some degree. If not, then there is no story. And this complaint of the AI and difficulty dropping tremendously can be assuaged by simply playing a higher difficulty (coupled with skulls, this can be enhanced even further).

Now onto the multiplayer. As I read someone else's post, I am forced to agree that any Halo game is a middle ground for all players. At one time or another, everyone has played a Halo game. This is what makes the online great. Even if youre horrible, you can still have fun because you know how to play. The simple controls also contribute to the online. Its damn near universal: R-trigger = shoot; L-trigger = grenade. Everything from there is unnecessary. Its common sense. What real problem is there with the online that hasnt been a user (meaning gamer) error? Not a damn one.

Overall, I think most of the people bashing the game are either hating on it because they want to be seen as different, or they prefer a "more realistic" game, such as COD4. This being a favorite game, I am biased, but I can honestly say I have problems with it (i.e., weapon power [or lack thereof], lack of armors, no perks to certain armor types). While something big is made of all the little things, some little things can be overlooked.

After saying all this, Im sure we can all agree on one thing: Two Worlds is the worst game ever made. Ever.

(Please forgive the lack of apostrophes. I hate using them when typing.)

cowbell40

Jun 12, 2009
The criticisms about the campaign he has are valid, although I suspect they are influenced more by his dislike of anything as mainstream as Halo. However, I really don't think it's fair to omit the multiplayer portion of it. Sure, the campaign isn't great. I really could care less when the matchmaking is so solid.

jak1165

Jul 16, 2009
This is really the one review I disagreed with Yahtzee on. I like Halo. I enjoy playing with buddies and talking shit to people I dont know on XBL and generally having a good time. Its not a 10/10 game by any stretch.

But no shit the story's not going to make a whole lot of sense if, 10 seconds into the review you go "Oh man, the story sucks I have NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOO idea whats going on. Oh, P.S....I didnt play the 1st two

Brilliant piece of insight. Honestly, this is such a fucking dumb statement I can't even attempt to qualify it with even a lame analogy

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
just felt like sharing this...=)

http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/halflife2.jpg

WorldCritic said:
Why are people still posting here?
because we enjoy hating halo that much...;D