Zero Punctuation: Halo: Reach

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
oh shit he did do it...and he...slightly enjoyed it.....well Yahtzee you have shoved your dick into my skull and completely fucked my mind.

steverivers

Jun 7, 2010
Completely over-hyped franchise. Thank god there's someone sensible to tell it how it is :)

Yay Yahtzee

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I am frankly amazed that Yahtzee did this, considering how bleh he was about Halo 3 and Halo Wars.

Also, I LIKED Oni.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
That first pun at the end credits was the best yet.

"I don't know why you say goodbye, I say Halo!"

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Surprisingly Fair. Didnt care too much about this, hope the space combat and jetpack is Bungie Teasing what they are gonna do now they aren't Microsofts Bitches!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Eh, I feel like these are some pretty pedantic faults even considering it is Yahtzee but whatever, I still enjoy it.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
Repetitive gameplay? Are you kidding? Every headshot, every twitch kill is a completely new and different experience from the last. Like in the degrees you turn. And who you're killing. And stuff.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Cue the Halo fanboys?

Oh well good review and I agree mostly from what ive played of it at a friends.

sketchesofpayne

Sep 11, 2008
Yes! Make a sequel to Oni, I love that game!

This was quite a high joke-per-minute episode. Good stuff.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
i honestly thought he was gonna be more harsh on this... i found the campaign to be just as if not MORE frustrating... cant wait for Bulletstorm to bring back the badass

on another note he didn't mention the Firefight mode, which CAN be played single-player and it works just fine.

EDIT:
JaredXE said:
I am frankly amazed that Yahtzee did this, considering how bleh he was about Halo 3 and Halo Wars.

Also, I LIKED Oni.
they made a reference to Oni in the campaign (Oni Sword Base was a place you could fight)

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
Yeah, I'll rent it. I can't believe some people actually reacted ti this game just like Egoraptor's Awesome Reach (look it up). This is NOT going to be the end of Halo, and there's something wrong with people who think otherwise.

One last thing, Escapsit. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE stop with that stupid Slim Jim commercial. I know they're giving you money, but can you please just put a banner ad or soemthing? It's too long, it's stupid, it's geared to six year olds, and it definatly doesn't make me want to buy any. Frankly, I'm insulted everytime I see it, and I have to put up with it almost every time I watch a damn movie here. I go on this site everyday, but I'm concidering stopping if this keeps up and I'm probably not the only one.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I was expecting another super smash brothers, where it takes him 5 months to do it, oh well.
It always bugged me how open and flimsy the vehicles looked in halo and the no seatbelt things when your rolling a warthog

dunnace

Oct 10, 2008
Have a LAN party with friends, oh hater of multiplayer. Because that is not online and it is fucking awesome.

Socken

Jan 29, 2009
I'm gonna have to watch this again because I missed the first minute laughing about the very first thing he said.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
The jet-packs were pretty fun. But it was annoying how they weren't in a lot of the levels of the campaign.

At least it was annoying to me.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Nice to see that Yathzee still [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.182953.5453389] has a hard time playing FPS' ^^

Also "Combat Evolved" was added by Microsoft (much to Bungies discontent) because they feared that just having it called "Halo" like Bungie would have wanted would "confuse" the game-buying public because it didn't describe what the game was about.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Well, that was less negative than I expected. (I lol'd at the playstation move joke)

ProfessorLayton

Brotha That Will Smotha Yo Motha
Nov 6, 2008
You already made the "Hello, Goodbye" pun on the Halo 3 video... or was that intended...

I am actually surprised that he didn't tear it apart, but I still think that saying "a game has to stand up on single player alone" is a very silly statement. So is the quality of an MMO diminished because there's no mode to grind quests by yourself?

Racecar1994

Nov 21, 2009
Wow. This is the first halo game he's actually liked...

cool, that was a nice surprise. Noblest death goes to Jorge for me however

: ) Love Jorge!

MikeHax

Dec 20, 2008
Artemus_Cain said:
One last thing, Escapsit. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE stop with that stupid Slim Jim commercial. I know they're giving you money, but can you please just put a banner ad or soemthing? It's too long, it's stupid, it's geared to six year olds, and it definatly doesn't make me want to buy any. Frankly, I'm insulted everytime I see it, and I have to put up with it almost every time I watch a damn movie here. I go on this site everyday, but I'm concidering stopping if this keeps up and I'm probably not the only one.
Agreed!

OT, I actually want this game. My friends and I have had a lot of fun playing this game together

JacobyPAX

Jun 14, 2010
People don't need seat belts in Halo because of artificial gravity and/or some other advanced and vague technology.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I want another vintage Bungie game... something more complex like their Marathon (Halo for real gamers) and/or Myth series.

But then again, they are with Activision now so I'm doubtful.

DarkSpectre

Jan 25, 2010
I loved his reference to the characters hanging off the side of the helos. The funny thing is that real chopper gunners do that. I really don't understand why they have the minigunner on a blackhawk hanging out in the open just asking to get shot, but they do. Sometimes real life is as stupid as games.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
Ok that is fair, he destroy the game but he didn't hate it, so That must mean this is one of the best shooter games on the market, I mean come on if Yahtzee can enjoy it almost anyone can LOL

Jul 22, 2009
Ha brilliant.

To everyone complaining about Halo Reach because it is a Halo game.

Bad ¬_¬ Very bad... you go learn stuff before commenting.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Really great episode this week, quite funny actually which is suprising because it seemed you went a bit stale. Also... SPOILERS!?!

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
Honestly, I'm still not quite sure what Yahtzee thought of Reach. I think the word that comes to mind most here is "fair"--which is surprising in and of itself, given who we're talking about. But it seems that every complaint he had was balanced by a nice touch on the game's part, or at the very least by a perceived spirit of willingness from that corner. Not the worst, but a far cry from the best--which is more or less how I've viewed the series as a whole, so I suppose it's gratifying to know that I can occasionally find myself in agreement with the Escapist's resident guru.

Not a bad episode, though, and the pun at the end was pretty excellent.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
...this game was quite sentimental for me, considering Ive been playing the halo games since i was small, yet even though I want to throttle yahtzee like the fanboy I am, i can't help but agree with him...

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
they made a reference to Oni in the campaign (Oni Sword Base was a place you could fight)
I'm not sure that's a reference. In Halo, ONI simply stands for "Office of Naval Intelligence."

Also, inb4 inevitable Half-Life bashers :\

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
I expected it to be torn apart, but oh well. I found it stale shortly after the first level of my rental tour, but I keep hearing good things about the ending...might be worth playing more just to see it.

Lot of C-word usage in this review, can't say I felt it did anything beneficial.

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
You bastard! You totally ruined the plot for me! I didn't see that ending coming becuase I'm borderline retarded with attention deficit dis.... OOOO! SHINY!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Well, it wasn't as bad as just shouting into the microphone at how shit the franchise was and he at least had a few positive things to say on the matter. True, he still has a lot of negative things to say about the game and then some but it wasn't as intense as I was expecting and he did at least have one or two positive things to say about it.

Still, I think it really isn't fair for him to overlook Firefight and Forge World. I mean those aren't primarily multiplayer things and were major parts of the game.

Still as it stands, I do agree with him on one or two points. Halo: Reach is by no means perfect in terms of single player but it does still have some competent moments. I would also disagree with him on a few points but that's just the die hard fan in me talking.
In any case I had some laughs and I don't see this review becoming the new flagship for the Halo Hate Brigade anytime soon, so that's good too.

So yes, it is ultimately a negative review but it wasn't scathing and it was entertaining to watch, that's really all you can ask for in situations like this and Yahtzee delivered.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Flamezdudes said:
Also... SPOILERS!?!
oh cram it, everyone knows how Halo Reach ends before they play it. It's a prequel to a franchise thats been going on for a decade, if you didn't get the message then you deserve it be spoiled, lol.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Well I'll be damned, he wasn't the only one who noticed it was Halo 3 with Jetpacks XD

Either way well done Yahtzee, you seemed to have said alot what I was thinking about this god awful game ¬_¬

However I will say the ending was a bit gripping, but that's like saying the last 10 mins in superbad make up for the crapfest

WolfenD

May 9, 2010
Yahtzee you realize that Bungie will keep making Halo, however it isn't the main Bungie that is making Halo. It is the Halo fans in Bungie that are going to make the new Halo , ie they're too lazy to come up with new games.

Jul 22, 2009
JeanLuc761 said:
I'm not sure that's a reference. In Halo, ONI simply stands for "Office of Naval Intelligence."
They've been referencing ONI for as long as they can in Halo...

The entire organization 'Office of Naval Intelligence' is one big reference to ONI.

Uberman5000

Jul 21, 2010
When he started talking about Halo fans who are megacunts, all I could think of was "Wait, how does he know what my friend is like so well?"

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
I thought there was more ripping out guts of the game, but at least it shows that you got a hearth for some changes Yathzee. ;)

At least he can hope for never looking again at a Halo game again. Maybe this was the motivation: To give it a nice goodbey.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Nice review... Seems you didn't hate it as much as most of us probably anticipated. Though I still imagine a few fanboys will be planing your assassination for you not calling it the God of all gaming.

That being said... I don't yet have an opinion on it. Been trying to play it but its my brothers copy and that bastard keeps taking it to work with him so I need to catch him for it. I'll give the game a try but I'm not really all that into Halo. I don't hate the franchise but its certainly not at the top of my to play list.

I'm mostly waiting to play the new Castlevania and Fable III.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Waitwaitwait...

Bungie is making an Oni sequel?

Was that just a throwaway line, or this actually happening? Because such a thing has the potential to make me one very happy individual.

Yeah... that one line kinda distracted me from the rest of the video.

lilmizzazle

Aug 11, 2010
I am actuly amused over the fact that yahtzee actuly "liked" a game that has been wanked so much upon now the last years! does this prove that bungie are indeed gods?

Flame Rider

Apr 5, 2010
Good to see it holds up at least a little bit, I'll be getting a 360 for christmas, now, this isn't my idea, my own Father is doing it off of his own motivation; I am a bit of a PS3 enthusiast, and I almost fear owning an Xbox 360 will make me some sort of over-acting, swinging hypocrite.
But I will undoubtly have this as one of the first games I will own, and I will never buy any of the other Halo games because, frankly, this seems like enough.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
I have to admit, despite being someone who hates with a passion everything Halo is and stands for, Halo Reach is a game I want to play.

It just needs to be multiplatform for that to happen.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Its a good thing anybody who likes the Halo story has already bought reach otherwise the massive spoilers in this would probably drive them murderfrenzy. On another note it's nice to see Yahzee not completely shitting all over a game for once, even though in Halo's case I couldn't care less.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Well it did better than most others before it.
Poor little reach

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
This was a great review, classic yahtzee, what's more surprising was the (damning) faint praise. It's nice to see he can be mildly entertained by a game and still make a funny review.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm shocked he didn't mention the lack of "the flood" as a plus in the game's favor.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
The only thing I can say about this review is I'm sad that I have to wait another seven days to see him rip up Dead Rising 2.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Wow, Yahtzee, you have completely blown my mind...You kinda liked it o_O Im shocked!

Anyway great video as always i have to admit, everything you said was true, still fun though =D

CronoT

May 15, 2010
orangeapples said:
I'm surprised. He didn't hate Halo Reach...
No, he hated it. But, it's nowhere near the level of hate that he has for games like Too Human and the Wolfenstein Reboot.

Also, I've never liked the Halo games precisely because there's no iron-sights aiming. In FPS games, I specialize in sniping and long distance single shot kills. So, a game that forces me to get up close with an underpowered weapon and stand there like a slack-jawed mental patient holds no appeal to me, whatsoever.

PanicxBoss

Nov 19, 2009
Artemus_Cain said:
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I frakking hate that commercial.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Racecar1994 said:
Wow. This is the first halo game he's actually liked...

cool, that was a nice surprise. Noblest death goes to Jorge for me however

: ) Love Jorge!
i dont think you can say he liked it

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
Tenkage said:
Ok that is fair, he destroy the game but he didn't hate it, so That must mean this is one of the best shooter games on the market, I mean come on if Yahtzee can enjoy it almost anyone can LOL
Nah im still not on board on Halo Reach, which is why im kind of disapointed he didn't rip the crap out of this game. Good point about the seat belts and what has been seen not being unseen. I wondered why no one ever strapped themselves into the vehicles in Reach.

He is right about the grinding combat though, seriously can't be bothered with walking through another corridor (occasionally killing a few grunts) only to walk into a large expansive area and square off with a few elites using grunts as bullet catchers.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I think Bungie has some real talent just below the surface that being free of microsoft will let come to full bloom. There were some good bits in the Halo series (Yahtzee has admitted as much). While Halo was just an overall average game, I'm genuinely looking forward to Bungie's next venture. Though, I really hope it's not another FPS. I have enough FPSs thanks.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
JeanLuc761 said:
Azaraxzealot said:

Also, inb4 inevitable Half-Life bashers :\
Well, it's STILL more than likely a reference, because out of EVERYTHING Bungie could have called the base... why ONI? Why Office of Naval Intelligence? Why not Naval Intelligence Office? or the Department of Naval Defense?

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I'm surprised that people are surprised that Yahtzee was surprised that he didn't hate Reach, but that might just be that I've already gotten over my surprise at being surprised that I liked Reach rather than just having the usual amount of fun with a Halo game (ie. enough to allow me to finish it).

In other, Yathzee related news, I was surprised to find Mogworld at the bookstore near me (that has been surprising me with its lack of quality as of late) which I was surprised to find myself liking it (as usually I don't find good books written by people I like in a completely different medium), so great job with both that and the video, which I was surprised you did when I saw you also had spiderman in your bucket last time.

...I feel I'm no longer allowed to use the s-word for a few days now.

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
EightGaugeHippo said:
I just noticed he didnt say anything was terible. A few flaws, But nothing major.
That's because Bungie never really changed anything in the whole run of the series. You can't complain about things that have been shit in the first one, since they have became part of the franchise.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
He thought it was OK? ... This is a sign the Halo series is getting better, and we should end it on this good note before we go George Lucas on it. (Ahem, 3D Star Wars) I'm buying this anyway because I liked the first three. However a bit of me is saying rent it first because ODST was rubbish in my opinion. By the way what was the last shooter that Yahtzee didn't totally hate on? Gears 2?

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
CronoT said:
orangeapples said:
I'm surprised. He didn't hate Halo Reach...
No, he hated it. But, it's nowhere near the level of hate that he has for games like Too Human and the Wolfenstein Reboot.

Also, I've never liked the Halo games precisely because there's no iron-sights aiming. In FPS games, I specialize in sniping and long distance single shot kills. So, a game that forces me to get up close with an underpowered weapon and stand there like a slack-jawed mental patient holds no appeal to me, whatsoever.
One, when taken in the context of the way he talks about video games, he clearly liked it but is annoyed by fanboys. Two, you clearly are bad at FPS games if you think that is how to play Halo. If you are a fan of headshot kills, most things in that game can be killed with three or less headshots on Legendary (the annoying setting full of artificial difficulty - seriously, the enemy is no smarter, just has more health), so there you go. Also, why would you ever get that close with a Spiker, the only underpowered weapon in the game?

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
That was a surprisingly fair review. Speaking as a Halo fan I thought the storyline was decent, but the characters weren't very well developed. I wish they had extended the space combat a bit and made the armor abilities a little more widespread (sprint and armor lock are bloody everywhere). Though some of the things Yahtzee mentioned were wrong (war had been ongoing for 25 years prior to the game's storyline and Microsoft marketing added the "combat evolved" thing), I'll forget them because he never was into Halo; to each his own. Sad he didn't talk about Firefight or Forge though.

Oh, Yahtzee? Any halo game after this: Go crazy. Like Kane & Lynch crazy.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
I usually don't comment on Zero Punctuation videos because between the speed of my laptop and the frenzy of replies it usually means there's a whole new page of comments every time I click 'next'

However, I feel compelled to say I loved the imp in the master chief mask at the end. He was adorable.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I guess this was a tough ZP to do, with the game getting excellent reviews everywhere it must have been hard to come up with something that wouldn't reduce you to being a regular joe halohater you can find everywhere. A good ZP, i liked it.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
So, Yahtzee, I've been wondering: what multiplayer games DO you like? I remember you saying once that you liked Team Fortress 2, but that it eventually fell out of favor, and we all know that you hate FPS fragfests. So when you are forced to make nice with the patrons at the Mana Bar, what games do you play with them?

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Sansha said:
The only thing I can say about this review is I'm sad that I have to wait another seven days to see him rip up Dead Rising 2.
why did you hate it? i wanna see him rip it up because i love to see people tear into the things i love (it's like watching a little kid throw a fit after getting something cool, yet not the thing they asked for, for christmas... so funny)

and on another note to everyone here who likes to troll on halo (i.e. 99.99999% of people posting here) this game was made to be more of a "Greatest Hits" of Halo and nothing more. If you were not a fan of the game before you're just wasting your breath and finger movements just to say you hate something that was made for someone else. It's not like any OTHER games came out recently that deserve the spotlight any more than Halo: Reach (looks longingly at Dead Rising 2)

just for that, go ahead KILL REACH! KILL! KILL!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Well, mind=blown. I think he actually liked the campaign of Reach better than I did (and for me being the guy who lives on FPSs that's saying a lot). That's almost unbelievable. And also really cool.

Great review, Yahtzee, hope you did actually try the MP at least once, but it's probably impossible.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Lots of other people said:
Yahtzee liked Halo?
I think the words he used were "not even within spunking distance of classics".

That's not detest, rather than like.
For Yahtzee, it pretty much is.

Razavn

Jun 2, 2009
Hmm..I actually really liked his review and I agree with many of his points...however I did notice one glaring error (there may be more) in that he said Reach was where humans first encountered the Covenant...no...Harvest was, reach was towards the end if I am not mistaken and it was a crippling hit to the UNSC effort.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I got through Reach in about 5 hours and I don't have any interest in the multiplayer because I can't afford it, plus I've seen what Halo Online looks like when other people have shown me. It's like having your computer read out youtube comments in various voices while being shot in the face and being called a "fag" because you couldn't give a toss about who you're pouring your bullets into.

I did enjoy the story; the acting was horrible; the pacing was erratic; the characters were disposable, one-dimensional, cardboard cut-outs; the levels were repetitive; the plot was predictable and the gameplay was exactly the same as it has always been. But I still enjoyed it because for once it wasn't sucking the big, green, amored dick of Master Chief, and that's something that should be commended.

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
Mr Companion said:
Its a good thing anybody who likes the Halo story has already bought reach otherwise the massive spoilers in this would probably drive them murderfrenzy. On another note it's nice to see Yahzee not completely shitting all over a game for once, even though in Halo's case I couldn't care less.
I think most Halo players know that Reach ends badly. Heck I'm barely interested in Halo and I knew back when 2 had come out. It'd be like watching SW episode III without knowing Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

Larsirius

May 26, 2010
DarkSpectre said:
I loved his reference to the characters hanging off the side of the helos. The funny thing is that real chopper gunners do that. I really don't understand why they have the minigunner on a blackhawk hanging out in the open just asking to get shot, but they do. Sometimes real life is as stupid as games.
When you sit with a mounted turret, seeing the targets is always nice.

Anyways, being a fanboy, I have to point out that it was never meant as the last Halo game, but Bungie's, and that Reach isn't the first encounter with the Covenant; soldiers have had a plenty of oppurtunities to become familiar with their vehicles they've been fighting the last two decades.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Undead Dragon King said:

Agreed. I also enjoyed the Gay-lo Reach (Around).

I don't know why people are surprised by it not being ripped to shreds. It is by far the best yet, in my mind at least.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

I played this game and I can think a whole number of reasons why I didn't like besides it being a Halo game:
Limited weapon selection
The pistol not having enough amo
paints-on-head-retarded driving mechanics
Brain damaged friendly A.I.
Only getting two grenades at a time
Power shield won't let you move
stamina worn out faster than a fat man on a stair master

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
that was the funniest ZP in a long time in my opinion, thanks Yahtzee!

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
I just noticed he didnt say anything was terible. A few flaws, But nothing major.
That's because Bungie never really changed anything in the whole run of the series. You can't complain about things that have been shit in the first one, since they have became part of the franchise.
Yeah, but Bungie has changed things. Halo 1 is very different to Halo Reach. Oh wait sorry, they still have sheilds and space marines and a few of the same weapons, thats the formula for shitness apparently.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
AssassinJoe said:
The jet-packs were pretty fun. But it was annoying how they weren't in a lot of the levels of the campaign.

At least it was annoying to me.
At least levels had them if I'm remember correctly, Exodus, and New Alexandria. That was enough for me. The jet pack was fun when there are now enemies around to poke holes in you. It was worthless in legendary, barely a second after take off you are dead. So, kill enemies first, then jet around, but by that time it was time to end the level, or leave the area of good use.

-------

Great, funny, and fair video.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Nooners said:
So, Yahtzee, I've been wondering: what multiplayer games DO you like? I remember you saying once that you liked Team Fortress 2, but that it eventually fell out of favor, and we all know that you hate FPS fragfests. So when you are forced to make nice with the patrons at the Mana Bar, what games do you play with them?
Guitar Hero for starters.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
"Same guns, same story, same enemies, same levels with a few minor tweaks and adjustments."

Yup. That completely describes my single player experience too.
What's really funny about the whole "space combat" thing? UT2004 did this Six fucking years ago. and it was just about as good to boot.

"Jet packs?" Tribes did it far better 10 years ago.

The other abilities are a reasonably cool mish-mash of the other Tribes 2 Pack equips, but with refined gameplay enhancements to bring them into the modern era (for those who couldn't tell, it's the one part of the game I actually like). Armor Lock is much more useful than I thought it would be, and the Bubble Shield is basically a "I've got a shotgun, and I will man-rape you with it regardless of your wishes."

However, this leads into my main problem with Reach, and Halo in general: It was built from the ground up to be multiplayer and multiplayer ONLY. If you aren't jumping online, you are essentially wasting your money unless you happen to love the story.

The Firefight mode was only able to hold my attention for so long; fun as it was initially I eventually got tired of it since every encounter turned into "Snipe snipe snipe, swap, grenade, spam spam, melee, retreat, reload, repeat".

So for me, the only good thing to come out of Reach is that it looked pretty damn good on my new 55 inch TV.

For those ready to improperly wield the hypocrite card ("If you didn't like it, why did you play it?" My favorite circular-logic chestnut) no, I don't own the game. I would never willingly part with my money for a Halo title; every other gamer on the planet owns it by now, and a few of those many people happen to be my friends.

halbarad

Jan 12, 2008
I liked the link at the end to the halo 3 review way back when; using the beatles song.

TheThirdChild

Feb 16, 2010
I'm surprise he actually reviewed it, not that it makes any difference to me; I'm PS3 all the way!

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Not a huge fan of the series, everything that came after Combat Evolved just sucked majorly, although Halo 3 multiplayer was decent.

Great vid, didn't expect him to enjoy it.

Jul 22, 2009
HankMan said:
I played this game and I can think a whole number of reasons why I didn't like besides it being a Halo game:
Limited weapon selection
Over-powered pistol not having enough amo
stamina worn out faster than a fat man on a thigh master
God damn it -_-

You started with really good reasons... I don't mind if you don't like limited selection.
The pistol can't possibly be overpowered if it doesn't have enough ammo. That's called balancing. Do you see how that works?
Fair enough, you don't like the driving.
Every game has retarded A.I so that's not really an issue considering they're better than most.
Fair enough, you want more grenades.
Try a drop shield. It's called armor lock for a reason.
The sprint could do with a faster recharge but the amount seems fine to me.

Then you ruined it...

Oh Wait, That IS a Halo game

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Wow, he didn't hate it totally, I must now go out and buy a 360 and track down every previous Halo game...

Nah, I have Halo 1 for PC, and it's kinda ok, but didn't make me desperate for more.

The bit about aircraft with side doors open is actually fairly realistic, military helicopters often fly like that with guys hang out the side, and I have no idea why.

Needless pop against PS Move though. I've not bought it myself, but I don't rule out getting it in the near future if I find some good reason other than re-playing Heavy Rain, which isn't quite enough to justify the cost.

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Yeah, but Bungie has changed things. Halo 1 is very different to Halo Reach. Oh wait sorry, they still have sheilds and space marines and a few of the same weapons, thats the formula for shitness apparently.
I played Halo 1 a few days before i gave Reach a try. The Art-Direction is a lot darker.

That's it.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I'll pick it up eventually, after I buy a few games I want more:
Penumbra: Black Plague
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Possibly Just Cause 2
(Even if reach is better than all of these, I don't care. I love being horrified, and heard Black Plague and Amnesia are the best, Sam Fisher is one of my favorite characters and it looks a bit more action based stealth than "Be stealthy or die in two bullets" approach of the previous games, and I like grappling hooks, blowing things up, and jumping out of a helicopter onto a mountain and pulling the parachute at the last second so I roll all the way down the mountain and get up as if I haven't just broken every bone in my body.)

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
I did watch the ending level after I watched the review and i feels a lot like Kerrigan's death from the end of starcraft 1.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Like nailing me thoughts to a wall ... or video :D
It is a completely OK game, it is slap bang in the middle of average, nothing wrong with it, but nothing that would make you love it either.
In fact this is the only game I ever fell asleep while playing, which is quite an achievement.

And this being the last Halo... yeah right, MS will ride that dirty old w*ore till her bones crumble.

Namewithheld

Apr 30, 2008
I'm going to throw in my 2 cents and demand a sequel to Oni as well.

Nothing like doing a spinning neck snap on a poor bastard, then sliding, whipping out a plasma rifle and blasting another guy in the face before bouncing up and throat punching someone else.

Damn that game was cool.

Thundorn

Feb 18, 2010
I was surprised Yahtzee didnt slate this too much. I felt ripped off after i bought it and on normal setting on first playthrough had completed it in 5 hours, and I'm not even that good at fps. The story moves way too fast and half the time the link between missions didn't seem to make any sense. I liked halo and thought halo 3 was ok, but feel let down by Halo Reach

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Silly Yahtzee... Spartans wear suits of magnetic armour, with magnetic gloves, magnetic boots, and magnetic bum-plates. That's why they can get away with not using seatbelts :p

And i am slightly less amazed than everyone else, but still pretty amazed that he was so un-hateful to the game.

firemark

Sep 8, 2009
See it's the multiplayer part that actually pissed me off. If he wants to hate on it he should play the maps. They're all strictly rehashes of old levels or taken straight from the levels. There is absolutely no creativity in them, which is not what I have come to expect from Bungie. Also, I'm glad he pointed out the ending because that for me was the only real redeeming quality of the entire story. I wasn't really moved by anything that happened, nor was I ever really when it comes to the Halo saga, but the ending where I was fighting for my life really hit home and I actually was like, "Yes, this is fun! The story makes sense now!".

Anyways, good insight as always! Makes hump-day that much more enjoyable!

-IT-

Feb 5, 2008
JaredXE said:

Also, I LIKED Oni.
The world needs another Oni, damn that game was awesome!

Razavn

Jun 2, 2009
Kollega said:
Silly Yahtzee... Spartans wear suits of magnetic armour, with magnetic gloves, magnetic boots, and magnetic bum-plates. That's why they can get away with not using seatbelts :p

And i am slightly less amazed than everyone else, but still pretty amazed that he was so un-hateful to the game.
Actually, (I may be wrong) they do have magnetic components in their armor..its how they "holster" their weapons when not in use :p

Also, they are quite heavy too 1/2 ton so it makes sense that they wouldn't have to strap in. (Also, people don't even do that in real life). I was amazed too that he wasn't as venomous towards it as I expected...pleasantly surprised though.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
The armor lock is EXTREMELY useful online, but, of course, Yatzee won't ever play that. Anyway, he does make a few good points and he wasn't as hyperbolic as I thought he would be. The Combat Evolved thing is actually kind of funny. It was only put there on the first Halo because Microsoft didn't think a name like Halo would sell.

So:

Yahtzee, that's what they took "Combat Evolved" out of all the future Halos.
I know you're being sarcastic but that isn't why. Apparently Microsoft figured out that people like Halo and the name, so there was no need for a subhead.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection

Ok I'm sorry, you clearly haven't played this game...(or at least completed it)

Halo has Always had a vast weapon selection.

The over powered pistol (as you call it) doesn't have a lot of ammo because it's only a pistol and does quite a bit of damage, if it had more ammo then it would be over powered.

The driving mechanics have Always been the same, and are probably some of the best in any shooter.

Ok i admit, the A.I isn't very good, but then again, it never has been.

You acctualy get 4 grenades at a time. (2 frags, 2 Plasma Grenades, you know...the sticky blue things that scream while blowing up?)

If you could move while the power shield was active, it would be very over powered.

And if you wore heavy body armour you would not be able run for long either.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
JacobyPAX said:
People don't need seat belts in Halo because of artificial gravity and/or some other advanced and vague technology.
Ha, I would have argued that they don't need seat belts because their armor weighs a ton. A falcon would need to be doing loop d loops to get them to shift.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
You... just don't do the research, do you?

A) It is not the last Halo game. 343 Studios is currently working on the next one (although it isn't Bungie, I'm still looking forward to seeing what the new guys can pull off).

B) You reviewed Halo Wars, correct? Go back, look at when that took place. 2531 I believe. Then look at when Halo Reach takes place. 2552. Start of the Human-Covenant War, you say? At the very least, if you're going to give an opinion on a story, get the details right. It isn't that hard.

C) The fact that you constantly say that a game's single player should allow a game to stand on it's own is, in this day and age of gaming, wrong. If a game just has single player? Damn right it should. No denying that. If it has both? Unless one mode is infinitely greater than the other (see: Metroid Prime 2... I think we can all agree that multiplayer was just pointless) both parts of a game need to be taken into account. I actually have a shit-load of issues with Halo: Reach. The story flow is sub-par compared to ODST, some of the mission designs are atrocious (that mission with the Falcon over New Alexandria is my own personal hell, it's boring, and there seems to be no real reason behind it) and, worst of all, the music isn't half as memorable as Halo Wars. Pile that on top of a multitude of visual bugs that haven't been nearly as prevelant in previous Halo games (EDIT: Except Halo 2), and that's fucking pathetic. But I still consistently enjoy Halo: Reach more than the other Halo game because of the multiplayer. If it wasn't for that, and if it was like ODST again and had no real multiplayer mode, I'd be fucking pissed (though I loved ODST for it's campaign, story, and soundtrack). And I'm usually not that into multiplayer games.

You can't deny part of a game simply because you don't usually play it if you're reviewing it. You just can't. It's pathetic. It's amateurish.

Seriously, I don't understand why people look to you for anything but overused criticisms about "repetetive gameplay" (fitting thing for you to constantly repeat, though, I suppose) and bad words and jokes that you've used time and time again.

Then again, maybe they don't anymore, and I'm just reading too much into things.

Either way, I agree on the seatbelt thing...

EDIT: Bit of trivia here for you, the "Combat Evolved" subtext to the original Halo's title was absolutely despised by the developers. Microsoft was just too afraid people would think the title is some super-religious reference. Put "Combat Evolved" in there, and BAM, people are intrigued rather than put off. Or at least, that was their mindset.

Razavn

Jun 2, 2009
arc1991 said:
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection

The over powered pistol (as you call it) doesn't have a lot of ammo because it's only a pistol and does quite a bit of damage, if it had more ammo then it would be over powered.

The driving mechanics have Always been the same, and are probably some of the best in any shooter.

You acctualy get 4 grenades at a time. (2 frags, 2 Plasma Grenades, you know...the sticky blue things that scream while blowing up?)

If you could move while the power shield was active, it would be very over powered.

Damn straight...I agree with everything here and will add that I can actually drive all the vehicles in Halo...you put me in a chopper in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I fly that as well as a cow attached to a kite (i.e. we are going down fast and not from enemy fire)...Halo has simplified controls but hey...you don't want 50 different controls to get something done when under fire.

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
arc1991 said:
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection

See this is exactly what i meant by my last comment. Bungies previous mistakes are repeating and are now a feature, if you play a Halo game you have to expect bad AI and all that. They don't improve, they don't change. Playing it as save and ball-less as possible. Which is exactly why i don't respect Bungie. I hope they really are done with this overrated franchise and might finally make a game that's worth playing. Although i liked ONI i'd love to see them do something new.

Also: It's not a bodyarmor, it's an exoskeleton, it should improve speed and strength.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
I played Halo 1 a few days before i gave Reach a try. The Art-Direction is a lot darker.

That's it.
A few days before you played reach? Let me ask you some thing. was that your first time or did you ever play Halo 1 when it was new?

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Dfskelleton said:
Splinter Cell: Conviction
That game is shockingly fantastic. You won't be disapointed, unless you REALLY liked the way the previous games played, because the control scheme has been simplified to an extreme.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Eh, better than I expected (And I don't think he used the word "Average" once...wow).

I still question his refusal to acknowledge that multi-player can in fact be the "main part" of a game, and that he's essentially ignoring a very sizeable chunk of the product, but meh, he's yahtzee, he makes funny.

I laughed a bit, agreed with a couple points (seriously, why no seat-belts!?) and disagreed with a few others, but it was still a funny video, so I can't complain.

Now we just have to weather the incoming storm of Halo-related threads that are soon to follow.

Aug 1, 2010
Haha, that true about the seat-belts. Wait........ He didn't hate it??? Well, good for you Yahtzee. You have gotten past where you call a game shit simply because you hated it before you even played it.

This is great. The entire comments to this video is filled with people flaming each other about weather Halo is good or not, who are probably all going to get suspended somewhere down the line of these arguments. Just play the damn game and either like it or dislike it. NO ONE on either side of the argument is going to change their mind at this point.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
YoungZer0 said:
arc1991 said:
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection

See this is exactly what i meant by my last comment. Bungies previous mistakes are repeating and are now a feature, if you play a Halo game you have to expect bad AI and all that. They don't improve, they don't change. Playing it as save and ball-less as possible. Which is exactly why i don't respect Bungie. I hope they really are done with this overrated franchise and might finally make a game that's worth playing. Although i liked ONI i'd love to see them do something new.
Actually, I find the enemy AI to be great... The team AI... Not so much. Learn to drive idiots!

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

That's it.
A few days before you played reach? Let me ask you some thing. was that your first time or did you ever play Halo 1 when it was new?
I played it the first time it was released. Played Halo 2 the first time it was released. Didn't care for 3, Wars or ODST. Reach looked different, except it wasn't.

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
lilmizzazle said:
I am actuly amused over the fact that yahtzee actuly "liked" a game that has been wanked so much upon now the last years! does this prove that bungie are indeed gods?
This isn't the first hugely popular game that he's said good things about. The two that come to mind are Call of Duty 4 and Arkham Asylum.

Cloned Commando

Jul 10, 2008
Ok being a halo time line nerd I feel I have to correct some mistakes he and other reviewers had made.

1) Reach is not the start of the Human Covenant wars, Harvest was first contact and that was about 20 years before reach.

2) People hanging out of fliers. Spartans have powerful magnet systems in their suits this is how they keep weapons strapped to their backs (also a spartan in his/her armor is about 500+ pounds.

3)ONI stands for Office of Naval Intelligence. (It started as a throw back to Oni but after 10 years in the halo universe its become its own thing)

And like everyone else I'm quite surprised this review wasn't a complete assault on the game but the game was fairly decent and what flaws he did pick out were mostly akin to his lack of skill or willingness to turn the difficulty down. Yahtzee is still as sheltered as ever in the field of multi-player but we never expect that to change do we?

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
On the one hand, I'm kinda shocked he only had mild levels of bile. On the other hand, I KNEW he'd enjoy that ending.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
YoungZer0 said:
arc1991 said:
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection

Bad allied AI. Which is annoying, admittedly. The enemy AI, on the other hand, is so awesome it's uncanny. It's like playing other human players. And if you'd actually given the game a go or done any research at all, you'd know this.

Anyway, Yahtzee was surprisingly charitable towards this game (unlike the arriving waves of deluded haters). He didn't hate it. That's good enough for me.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
YoungZer0 said:
arc1991 said:
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection

I would like you to name one game where...

The A.I does not get in your way, They are not completely pants on head retarded and do not run blindly into fire and die.

EVERY game has them, if you complain about Halo, you complain about 99.9% of all shooters as well. (Star Wars Republic Commando is the only game i have seen where the Intelligence in "Artificial Intelligence" acctualy means something).

As stated, this is a Halo game for Halo Fans, who are used to how the how the game works. the A.I is meant to be pathetic because hell, we all would be if we encountered 8 foot aliens with plasma based weaponry. Think of the A.I as the meat shield, if you are hurt, hide for a bit while they take the fire.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Glad to see you kind of enjoyed it. Pretty much summed up all the problems I had with the game. (Mainly the characters) Overall, I still enjoyed Reach.

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
I completely forgot that Oni was made by Bungie.

Other than that, he pretty much voiced the same stuff i was thinking about Halo:Reach. Also I never really thought about the whole lack of seat belts.

What DOES bug me is. Why do we have fall damage, if these Spartans can survive fucking re-entry into a planet?

br0d

Aug 15, 2009
I paid $4 for the Move starter pack due to trade deal profiteering. Does that count?

ps. Bungie hated the 'Combat Evolved' subtitle - it was forced on them by MS.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
I forgot to say: YES YAHTZEE! You are so damn right! We need more games that have space ship battles!

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
A documentary on the megacunts who play Halo Reach

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/549991

Good job as always yahtzee. Make fun of the ways games suck, but can at least admit when some parts are good.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Caradinist said:

Other than that, he pretty much voiced the same stuff i was thinking about Halo:Reach. Also I never really thought about the whole lack of seat belts.

What DOES bug me is. Why do we have fall damage, if Spartan can survive fucking re-entry into a planet?
Remember Halo 3? Master Chief re-entering earth?

Noble 6's armour might have locked up. just not as bad.

Hell good point though :p

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
HankMan said:
Tenkage said:
Almost anyone
GamesB2 said:
Ha brilliant.

Limited weapon selection
The pistol not having enough amo

Limited weapon selection - There's plenty of weapons you obviously just weren't looking hard enough
The pistol not having enough ammo - I thought the amount of ammo for the pistol was enough
Pants-on-head-retarded driving mechanics - There's nothing wrong with the driving mechanics
Brain damaged friendly A.I. - I'll give you that one
Only getting two grenades at a time - Two grenades is plenty and if you were able to carry more multiplayer would get a little annoying because everyone would be grenade spamming
Power Shield won't let you move - If you were able to run around with the Power Shield active that would be a bit overpowered don't you think? I mean just think of multiplayer people would be running round killing people while also being invincible and if that was the case that would also be the only Armour Ability that would get used.
Stamina worn out faster than a fat man on a stair master - If you're referring to the duration you can sprint then let me ask this: How long do you think you could sprint for in power armour?

Sixties Spidey

Jan 24, 2008
Unsurprising, really. I knew he was going to call out Reach on Noble Team and the soldiers that populated it from the get-go. The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure with or without the multiplayer, I would've enjoyed it all the same.

Good luck to Bungie, and awesome as always Yahtzee. Didn't know he liked ONI.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
I expected as much from you Yahtzee, as your hate of Halo is fairly well known. I know that I will be playing Halo: Reach for at least a year to come and enjoying every minute of it. Your reasons for not liking Halo are understandable, but I just don't see some games the way you do.

Martin Toy

Aug 24, 2010
I gave up with Halo a loooogn time ago. The only way I like my Halo now is Red vs Blue. ^___^

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
I don't think I could've liked this review much more unless he liked the game much more, except while he demonstrated he knows a thing or two about Halo and isn't blinding lashing out at what's popular (although it seemed like stuff he could've picked up pretty easily on Wikipedia) he doesn't seem to know some things that could've made a difference, like that Reach wasn't the first contact with the Covenant (although it is odd more people weren't more surprised or at least frightened to see them there), or that Mjolnir armor weighs half a ton and thus isn't that prone to sliding off anything EDIT: completely forgot about the magnets, which are evident enough given you see weapons on Spartans' backs with nothing visible holding them there, and except the seemingly quite large oversights, like how he mentioned the space combat and placed the jet-packing in the same category but left out the level where you spend most of your time in a helicopter-ish vehicle, or not realizing that these super-soldiers, and apparently regular soldiers in the Haloverse, would be trained in the operation of enemy materiel, although that kind of goes back to my first point-- and back at my first points is the biggest screw-up: Halo 2 was the top played on-line original Xbox game from when it was released until the day the service was shut down and Halo 3 has been in the top three (maybe top four for a little while) most played on-line 360 games since it came out, and all indications are Reach is a real successor-- the servers, or rather the playlists, won't be wastelands in three months or three years.

Anstrup

Dec 8, 2008
bew11 said:
In the future, insted of seat belts everyone has magnetic boots, DUH!
Yeah but really? seriosly? How are we supposed to know that? None of the halo games explain this to us.

Back on track.
I like, and have always liked halo for its multiplayer, campaign is fun with a freind, but thats about as far as it goes.

EDIT
Someboyd said something about bad AI for your allies? I second that. Alot. Those space marines are idiots.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
arc1991 said:
Caradinist said:

What DOES bug me is. Why do we have fall damage, if Spartan can survive fucking re-entry into a planet?
Remember Halo 3? Master Chief re-entering earth?

Noble 6's armour might have locked up. just not as bad.

Hell good point though :p
If you pay attention during the cutscene where he docks the Saber with Anchor 9 an automated voice (not Auntie Dot IIRC) points out that he's got re-entry gear on.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The funny part is that in my multiplayer experiences with this game, which is fairly extensive, I've only had one match with the aforementioned metacunts, and boy were they pathetic examples of our species. But that's it. All the other matches had pretty polite players.

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
I am confused, what did he WANT exactly? Most of the faults he mentioned are things we see in just about every game, what did he expect here?

I know saying Yahtzee's standards are too high is like saying water is wet, but "no seatbelts"? Seriously? Come on Yahtzee, you're going to have to do better than that if you want to hate something just because it's popular.

Of course it's alright to dislike Halo, but no seatbelts? Really?

Mr. Sparzy

Aug 28, 2010
Anstrup said:
bew11 said:
In the future, insted of seat belts everyone has magnetic boots, DUH!
Yeah but really? seriosly? How are we supposed to know that? None of the halo games explain this to us.

Back on track.
I like, and have always liked halo for its multiplayer, campaign is fun with a freind, but thats about as far as it goes.
I just found out by reading the book, but at Halo 3, i thought it was obvious when you had weapons stick magnetically to you and that you would assume they have magnetic armor.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
"So the squad was called Noble Team, and they all die noble deaths. Holy shit, I just got that"

Hilarious.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Ok, I have to call "Bullshit" on this. Not your review per-se, but your claim about multiplayer. Halo is THE biggest multiplayer-game on X-box live and to say that that isn't a real part of the game is a bit like saying WoW has to be appreciated for it's single-player mode. You don't have to like multiplayer, I usually don't, but to say a game can't be built around it is, well... wrong.
Another example is RE5, a game that I would HATE to play single player. But playing it with my roommate it turns in to one of my favorite games. To say a game sucks just because the single-player sucks is bullshit in a world where gaming is more and more a social hobby. Now, I have no problem with a review saying that as someone who don't really play online, this sucks ass. But to say that a game HAVE to have a solid single-player in order to be proper is, as I said, bullshit

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
SQUISHABLE PANDA! that was epic. Me and him almost hate it for the same reasons....Nifty. Good Video.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Squishable-Panda/100000482238822

My buddies fake profile with squishable panda lol.

Draconalis

Sep 11, 2008
I'm not a huge fan of Halo, but I like co-op campaign. I got Reach because it was 40 dollars new and offered 4 player co-op.

I have to admit, I really liked the story. And the after credits stage was a REALLY nice touch.

Unfortunately... my gold expired, and I have no interest in renewing it... so I'll never get to play 4 player co-op.

I am not particularly surprised that Yahtzee liked it a little... because I liked it alot, despite Halo's history of having a terrible story. (Halo 2 was when the story got really interesting for me, and then 3 shat all over that with plot holes)

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
arc1991 said:

The A.I does not get in your way, They are not completely pants on head retarded and do not run blindly into fire and die.

EVERY game has them, if you complain about Halo, you complain about 99.9% of all shooters as well. (Star Wars Republic Commando is the only game i have seen where the Intelligence in "Artificial Intelligence" actually means something).

As stated, this is a Halo game for Halo Fans, who are used to how the how the game works. the A.I is meant to be pathetic because hell, we all would be if we encountered 8 foot aliens with plasma based weaponry. Think of the A.I as the meat shield, if you are hurt, hide for a bit while they take the fire.
Army of Two: 40th Day. And please, spare your bullshit arguments. "The game needs to have shitty A.I. simply because the previous title had them."

You're exactly the kind of Halo Fan Yahtzee was talking about.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

That's it.
I played it the first time it was released. Played Halo 2 the first time it was released. Didn't care for 3, Wars or ODST. Reach looked different, except it wasn't.
So you are saying that Halo has just been more of the same since day 1? Well good sir, tell me a single franchise that has not been more of the same? Because as far as im aware thats pretty much what a franchise is. A continuation of something popular. If Halo 2 was not similar to Halo 1 the franchise would have died, because Halo 1 was such a huge hit it would be stupid not to milk its success. If you want something different to Halo 1, play another game. I didnt go to watch Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back expecting something completely different to A new Hope.

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
so he liked it? I agree that a game has to stand on the singleplayer, but don't forget the firefight and forge

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Varya said:
Ok, I have to call "Bullshit" on this. Not your review per-se, but your claim about multiplayer. Halo is THE biggest multiplayer-game on X-box live and to say that that isn't a real part of the game is a bit like saying WoW has to be appreciated for it's single-player mode. You don't have to like multiplayer, I usually don't, but to say a game can't be built around it is, well... wrong.
Another example is RE5, a game that I would HATE to play single player. But playing it with my roommate it turns in to one of my favorite games. To say a game sucks just because the single-player sucks is bullshit in a world where gaming is more and more a social hobby. Now, I have no problem with a review saying that as someone who don't really play online, this sucks ass. But to say that a game HAVE to have a solid single-player in order to be proper is, as I said, bullshit
But Halo Has Single Player. WoW Doesn't. And i agree with him completely. A game must have a good singleplayer to be fun. UNLESS! it is specifically targeted to online play. Like WoW or MAG. But games Like MW2 and Halo they have shitty story lines for single player and amazing Multiplayer i have yet to play because i don't care about my KDR or how many people i can Tea Bag.

Also say
in a world where gaming is more and more a social hobby.
with the voice of the guy who does those movie commercials for action flicks lol.

Oh and i loved the Move Joke. which agree with Full heartedly.

Mikazuki

Oct 9, 2008
I never really understood the Halo games and why people like it so much. It's just another shooter, nothing special.

Completely agree with Mr. Yahtzee on this one.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Interesting review, I'm probably never going to play H:R but it amused me when he poked fun at it.

Sid Meier

Jul 2, 2008
This review was pretty fair and charitable, probably more then MovieBob would give anyways.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Wow. An uncharacteristically fair and reasonable review from Yahtzee. Pointing out valid concerns while grudgingly admitting some enjoyment. About a Halo game no less. I am both amazed and confused.

Time to head to Wal-Mart and pick up my End-of-the-world Survivor Kit because the biblical apocalypse simply cannot be far behind.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Finally this overrated franchise has come to an end.

Another funny and spot on review Mr.Croshaw.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Christ, this comments section is terrible even by "comments section on videos" standards. And this is a proper forum.

Yahtzee was fair towards the game (by his standards, though I wish he'd done more research) and I don't have a problem with him. But you guys are acting really stupid. And I'm talking to both the haters (who are throwing ridiculous criticisms which basically amount to "I DON'T LIKE THIS GAME MECHANIC SO THE GAME SUCKS, F*@> HALO GO HALF-LIFE!!!!!!!1!") and the fanboys ("LOL STUPID FRIENDLY AI IS NECESSARY BECAUSE IT'S BEEN IN ALL THE HALO GAMES SO FAR" - seriously people?).

I think a better idea would be for us all to be quiet about our own personal feelings towards the game and instead compliment Yahztee for his humour, which is what his reviews are for. That way, we at least would avoid the idiotic flamewar going on here.

EDIT: Also, Yahtzee enjoyed a Halo game a little. Damn, and I've been hoping the other 3 signs of the apocalypse were a coincidence...

Petromir

Apr 10, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Stamina worn out faster than a fat man on a stair master - If you're referring to the duration you can sprint then let me ask this: How long do you think you could sprint for in power armour?
Isnt that one of the points of power armour? That its power assited do you arent tired out by wearing it?

Power armour is there to make you strong, faster, allow you to fight for longer and make you tougher.

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
Yahtzee LIKED a mainstream game that I enjoyed? Well thats...um..thats....wow.

I like the fact that Yahtzee balanced the review so perfectly that he would be immune to flames from both the Halo Haters and Fans.

Draconalis

Sep 11, 2008
Petromir said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Isnt that one of the points of power armour? That its power assited do you arent tired out by wearing it?

Power armour is there to make you strong, faster, allow you to fight for longer and make you tougher.
The man has a point...

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Draconalis said:
Petromir said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

The man has a point...
It wears out so fast for balancing. If it was like it like in the books, it would be a while before they got tired.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Tankichi said:
But Halo Has Single Player. WoW Doesn't. And i agree with him completely. A game must have a good singleplayer to be fun. UNLESS! it is specifically targeted to online play. Like WoW or MAG. But games Like MW2 and Halo they have shitty story lines for single player and amazing Multiplayer i have yet to play because i don't care about my KDR or how many people i can Tea Bag.
I do agree that you have the right to dismiss the game because of its lacking single-player, but but Halo is made with multiplayer in mind, as a priority. Historical imperative wins. What I mean to say is that thousands of players play Halo for the multiplayer, ergo, making multiplayer the selling point is a viable option. I do not mean to say Yatzhee is wrong on his opinion on the single-player however, but tons of people buy this game only for the multiplayer, and will spend thousands of hours on it more than the single player. Most games lame-ass attempt at multiplayer however is only a bonus, some extra playtime perhaps. But with the largest online FPS in the world? I dont agree.

Tankichi said:
Also say
in a world where gaming is more and more a social hobby.
with the voice of the guy who does those movie commercials for action flicks lol.
Haha, i totally sound like a douche

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Woah. I was prepared to endure Yahtzee taking a huge shit on this game and he seemed to kind of like it a bit? What is this? *runs out to see if pigs are flying yet*

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
Draconalis said:
Petromir said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

The man has a point...
Actually that was explained in the manual as Sprint disabling the safetys on the armor allowing the spartan to get a temporary speed boost.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
Gaylo Reach-Around...
New heights of awesome have been reached.

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

That's it.
So you are saying that Halo has just been more of the same since day 1? Well good sir, tell me a single franchise that has not been more of the same? Because as far as im aware thats pretty much what a franchise is. A continuation of something popular. If Halo 2 was not similar to Halo 1 the franchise would have died, because Halo 1 was such a huge hit it would be stupid not to milk its success. If you want something different to Halo 1, play another game. I didnt go to watch Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back expecting something completely different to A new Hope.
To use your example, Empire Strikes Back. It took the franchise in a whole new, darker direction, as well as adding telekinesis to the ever-growing list of things the Force can do. Look at what happens throughout: The Alliance fights losing battle after losing battle, Luke still doesn't have enough of a grip on his powers to fight Darth Vader and it costs him his hand and lightsaber in the process, Han winds up being bashed around, betrayed, and then sealed in a block of carbonite (which probably, given the physical properties of carbon, smelled like being buried in charcoal briquettes), the other characters are either enslaved or dismantled, and the Empire pretty much wins a clear victory-- which, according to the expanded universe, is the ONLY clear victory in the whole Empire-Alliance conflict. What movie were you watching that this wasn't different from A New Hope, which was a space fantasy samurai flick where the good guys won?

How's this other example? Mass Effect. The first game's combat was inferior to the second's, because they thought they were making an RPG with shooting elements. The second game was a shooter with RPG elements. Similar, but there were enough changes that the first game and the second game were, essentially, two different games.

I know I forgot some. Any others?

** edited to change "decisive", which isn't quite what I meant, to "clear", which is closer to what I meant.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
MonkeyPunch said:
Nice to see that Yathzee still [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/6.182953.5453389] has a hard time playing FPS' ^^

Also "Combat Evolved" was added by Microsoft (much to Bungies discontent) because they feared that just having it called "Halo" like Bungie would have wanted would "confuse" the game-buying public because it didn't describe what the game was about.
and they eventually grew to love it. Don't take stuff out of context.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Sid Meier said:
This review was pretty fair and charitable, probably more then MovieBob would give anyways.
true.

Though I would dissagry with the Y and add that while Microsoft is already working on the Box art for the next Halo there are still people at Bungie that are indeed working on a more original title and have formed the "yet another halo division" of their studio that distracts Microsoft from the real projects.

Sort of like tossing a sausage at a pack of dogs so that you can run out and pick up the morning paper or something.

What? Look, Duke Nukem is apparently coming out so there's still hope in the world!
Like maybe Bob will get head cancer and won't be able to do another stupid review.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Beatles referances for the win. Loved the metaphors this time around.

And for people getting their mind blown by him "liking" it, he only said it wasn't so bad it was offensive and that the ending was kinda good. So I guess "didn't hate it" is more correct - and that too is surprising enough.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
"Who can have the noblest death competition"

HA! Yea, I'm sure they went nuts with over the top melodrama

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i didnt get the impression that he liked the game, i just dont think he wanted to repeat all his complaints about halo 3. though i do get the impression he liked the first halo game, which is surprising to me

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Fantastic, as always, and more geneorus than I expected!

ACE1918

Oct 4, 2010
If you ask me an interesting review.
I for one am hoping he does something on one this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnf2kUmN-TY

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
YoungZer0 said:
arc1991 said:

EVERY game has them, if you complain about Halo, you complain about 99.9% of all shooters as well. (Star Wars Republic Commando is the only game i have seen where the Intelligence in "Artificial Intelligence" actually means something).

Army of Two: 40th Day. And please, spare your bullshit arguments. "The game needs to have shitty A.I. simply because the previous title had them."

You're exactly the kind of Halo Fan Yahtzee was talking about.
I did not say it needed shitty A.I just because the old ones had them, I'm saying it was created for Halo Fans. which has been said 10.000 times. and every Halo fan knows the A.I is shitty, but 99.9%(Notice how it isn't 100?) of games have Shitty A.I, using that as an excuse to say Halo is bad is just stupid. because you'll be criticizing most shooters.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Sid Meier said:
Are you saying movieBob's reviews are too harsh compared to Yatzee's? Not that I've counted, but I would say MB calls about a third of the games "pretty damn good" a third "godawful" while a third are pretty alright but could have been better. I'd say Yatzee on the other hand mash 60 percent of the games, admits they are kinda fun on 35 percent and loves 5 percent.

Or did you just mean that MovieBob has stated that he isn't that big of a Halo fan? In which case I would remind you that when he reviewed the Halo movie he actually thought it was fair enough.

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
I'm glad someone other else noticed that Bungie made other games besides HALO (yes I'm referring to ONI, I happened to like that game when it came out.)

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
Eh, I feel like these are some pretty pedantic faults even considering it is Yahtzee but whatever, I still enjoy it.
Not to mention a whole bunch of things that are just wrong.

It isn't supposed to be the beginning of the war with the Covenant it's supposed to be around 20 years into it, hence why they know how to use the weapons etc.

It is also not going to be the last Halo game, just the last one made by Bungie. Does anyone honestly believe Microsoft will leave it there?

I also don't get the veiled criticism of the game being milked considering we have:

Half Life
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life: Blue Shift
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Half Life: Deathmatch
Half Life Merchandise

(Example being a series he likes, there are much "worse" culprits)

I always get irritated by his videos of games I like because he always seems to choose the most petty complaints and exaggerate them for laughs as opposed to picking out the actual flaws and doing the same thing.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah I didn't realize Oni was made by Bungie, i really liked that game... still have it for PC actually.

jbchillin

Sep 16, 2010
thankgod. someone who doesnt think that halo reach is the second coming of the bible. HALO REACH IS A MEDIOCRE GAME AT BEST!

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
When he said "this might sound weird" at the beginning, I already thought he would say that he really liked it. But it was a good review. He wasn't unfair and gave it a good chance. As expected he wasn't blown away by the game but he also didn't dislike it.

Draconalis

Sep 11, 2008
arc1991 said:
I'm saying it was created for Halo Fans. which has been said 10.000 times.
So... it's been said ten times? The .000 there is a bit redundant...

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Legion said:
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life Merchandise
Deathmatch? Seriously? The HL1 xp packs were shite though, I'll give you that.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
jbchillin said:
thankgod. someone who doesnt think that halo reach is the second coming of the bible. HALO REACH IS A MEDIOCRE GAME AT BEST!
AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE FACT MAN! NOT AN OPINION OR ANYTHING! ALSO CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS!

...Yeah. You get my point?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Yosharian said:
Legion said:
Half Life
Half Life 2
Half Life Merchandise
Deathmatch? Seriously? The HL1 xp packs were shite though, I'll give you that.
Just saying there are a more Half Life games than Halo ones. I just find it bizarre that Halo is one of the only series that I have come across that has been accused of "milking" the franchise when it has only just reached the 6 game mark.

Like I said, there are much better examples (Mario, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid) but I chose to go for one that he has suggested he likes a lot.

OhJohnNo said:
jbchillin said:
AND THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE FACT MAN! NOT AN OPINION OR ANYTHING! ALSO CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS!

...Yeah. You get my point?
Sometimes I would like to shoot Yahtzee for giving the people of this site the words "generic" and "mediocre" to their dictionaries, especially considering "mediocre" is meaningless in the discussion of how good a game is, and "generic" can very rarely be applied to anything other than clothing and food.

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Though I've never been a big fan of the Halo series I've been planning to give this a rent for awhile now. It certainly seems to make enough changes to the formula (like having protagonists with personalities) that I'd probably enjoy it at the time.

Unfortunately it sounds like (and Yahtzee is by no means the only reviewer to point this out) this is yet another Halo game where they built the multiplayer and went "Fuck, now we need to give them something to do when there not teabagging." This is probably just bias on my part as I'm one of those gamers that agree completely that a game must stand on its single player but it really amazes me how little there is to the single player experience in the Halo games. IT makes me think of Goldeneye.

Still, I'll rent it and most likely enjoy it. And now I'm looking forward to the ending.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
TetsuoKaneda said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

That's it.
To use your example, Empire Strikes Back. It took the franchise in a whole new, darker direction, as well as adding telekinesis to the ever-growing list of things the Force can do. Look at what happens throughout: The Alliance fights losing battle after losing battle, Luke still doesn't have enough of a grip on his powers to fight Darth Vader and it costs him his hand and lightsaber in the process, Han winds up being bashed around, betrayed, and then sealed in a block of carbonite (which probably, given the physical properties of carbon, smelled like being buried in charcoal briquettes), the other characters are either enslaved or dismantled, and the Empire pretty much wins a clear victory-- which, according to the expanded universe, is the ONLY clear victory in the whole Empire-Alliance conflict. What movie were you watching that this wasn't different from A New Hope, which was a space fantasy samurai flick where the good guys won?

How's this other example? Mass Effect. The first game's combat was inferior to the second's, because they thought they were making an RPG with shooting elements. The second game was a shooter with RPG elements. Similar, but there were enough changes that the first game and the second game were, essentially, two different games.

I know I forgot some. Any others?

** edited to change "decisive", which isn't quite what I meant, to "clear", which is closer to what I meant.
LEt me make that point more clear. The two films may have been different down to every detail. But I went to see it expecting more of the great story telling and epic battles I got from a new hope.

Mass Effect 1&2 both have great story and epic encounters.

The same can be said for Halo 1-Reach

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Good review. Nice that he didn't hate it, and I totally agree with him on Multiplayer and how the game should stand up on it's own campaign.
Which I think is what it should do too. Still love the multiplayer though.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
Undead Dragon King said:

That was actually a reference to his Halo 3 review.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
That was surprisingly positive coming from Yahtzee...

I enjoyed the game. I'm not going to say it's the greatest thing ever, but it's enjoyable! And certainly more fun (to me, anyway) than the haven of meta-c*nt-istry that is MW2.

Also, I'm easily distracted by shiny things like jetpacks, and grunts exploding into confetti with a headshot. And also jetpacks.

Theistic

Oct 27, 2009
Am I the only one who laughed my figurative arse off at the imp crashing in on a ghost saying: "Sup y'all niggas"?

I liked Halo: Reach. Played it over at a pal's house and a 1v1v1 match can get pretty damned fun. The powers make it easier to kill good players (I actually won one game because of the armor lock that Yahtzee thinks is crap for some reason), without making the game too easy.
Liked invasion too. It's like capture the point in TF2. You even get premade classes and crap.

However, I strongly disagree that all games must be able to stand on their single-player content. I would never, ever pay for Modern Warfare 2 if I only had the single-player campaign. The way I see it, the price you pay is for the game. The campaign, multiplayer, customisation screen, theater, dress-up and vibrating cup are just parts that make up the game in its entirety.
If a game's other parts stop working, well then the game just gets worse than it was before. Situations change, after all.

overkill_78

Feb 11, 2010
I've been calling it Gaylo Reacharound for weeks. It's really fun to do to your Halo fanboy friends. They nerdrage hard.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
I've got to disagree on the multiplayer argument. When a team's efforts are diverted into more than just the single player that effort deserves some kind of merit (or at least notification of it's existence). Why review something if you're only going to review 20% of it? Oh right, this is Zero Punctuation...Never mind!

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
well that was a lot better than i expected... kudos yahtzee.

(however i hate you for ruining my campaign experiences from now on because now i can never unimagine the whole "they never freaking fall-off their goddamn fast aircraft even though they're more than half off the edge).

Kristoffer Mattila

Mar 28, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
I am actually surprised that he didn't tear it apart, but I still think that saying "a game has to stand up on single player alone" is a very silly statement. So is the quality of an MMO diminished because there's no mode to grind quests by yourself?
Yes. It. Is.

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
EightGaugeHippo said:
Let me make that point more clear. The two films may have been different down to every detail. But I went to see it expecting more of the great story telling and epic battles I got from a new hope.

Wait a second, are you actually saying you played Halo for the story? Really? Because i came in expecting a good story, but i haven't found it. It was simpler than the horrible mishmash that Halo 2 was, but it wasn't good.

A great example of sequel done better is Half-Life 2. New Weapons, new enemies, same enemies in new and refreshing disguise, new gameplay-elements like the gravity-gun, completely different setting and storyline, new characters, more depth, etc.

Halo is missing all that.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
It's a Halo game.....and he liked it?!

Well I for one am shocked, I thought he was going to be repulsed by it, but he like's it!!
THERE IS A GO-I MEAN FORERUNNER!

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
I like how all the halo haters were expecting him to rip it apart then to fuck there minds he said it was all right haha
why are so many people comparing halo to half life that's just not fair its like comparing a runner to a wheelchair bound turtle its just not fair

Tyrany42

Aug 5, 2010
Loved Halo Reach, though Yahtzee's main complaint is also mine. Seems Bungie only ever makes characters with personality if their death is near. It happened to Johnson and Miranda, while the quiet, emotionless green super soldier gets to live to take a nap in deep space.
Reach made me want to play Mass Effect 2 again, just so I can actually alter the story so that my teammates DON'T die cheap, predictable deaths.

gmanyo

Apr 4, 2009
As surprised that I am that Yahtzee somewhat enjoyed this game, I still think it's complete bullshit that he only reviews the single player, treating the multiplayer like it's something that only 13 year olds do and acting like he's better than everyone else because multiplayer is for douche bags. When a development team spends what was likely half of their time and money on a certain aspect of a game, it isn't exactly good reviewing practice to promptly ignore that part in your review because you are "0mg such a h1gh class gaem3r".

Fortunately for Yahtzee, however, the multiplayer in this particular installment is sort of like the single player: better than average, but still pretty meh. It was great in Halo 2 and 3, but I'm tired of it by now and the maps are quite awful.

Seriously, though, "A full price game has to stand up on single player"? That's a load of crap. I liked Gears of War because the multiplayer was dynamic and creative, but it probably has some of the worst single player I've ever seen in a big budget game. Not to mention the full price games out there that are only multiplayer.

And I know someone out there is going to accuse me of being a Halo fanboy, which I guess is fair enough since it's somewhat true. But I'm pretty much over it now, I swear (Just one more time man! Just one more hit/blunt/game of MTG and I swear I'll never do it again!). I was excited when Reach came out, but then didn't have enough money to buy it for myself. I ended up playing it at my friend's houses, and while it was fun, it wasn't worth the hype. Like I said before, (or half said, at any rate; I implied it. Kind of.) this is just a complaint about the completeness of the review: if Yahtzee had actually played the multiplayer, he'd probably have said the same thing he did about the single player, and he would have been totally spot-on.

*EDIT*
But oh, God, was he right about the terrible plot. The voice acting was almost on par with a Silent Hill game, and the characters might as well have been made of cardboard. Though I guess then they wouldn't really be able to stand up to much gunfire, but whatever.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Let me make that point more clear. The two films may have been different down to every detail. But I went to see it expecting more of the great story telling and epic battles I got from a new hope.

Wait a second, are you actually saying you played Halo for the story? Really? Because i came in expecting a good story, but i haven't found it. It was simpler than the horrible mishmash that Halo 2 was, but it wasn't good.

A great example of sequel done better is Half-Life 2. New Weapons, new enemies, same enemies in new and refreshing disguise, new gameplay-elements like the gravity-gun, completely different setting and storyline, new characters, more depth, etc.

Once again, this is all opinion. ALL FUCKING OPINION. And oyu're arguing about it as if it's scientific fact.

Zero Punctuation is brilliant, but it brings out by far the worst in the community here. Refer back to my last post in this thread. You guys are behaving like youtube trolls.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I'm very surprised that people are surprised that yathzee didn't completely hate halo reach. Seems like a well made game from what everybody says. I mean his halo three review said the game was mediorce and run of the mill. I think he said that here too but not in those exact words.

Apparantly I must learn what this oni game is.

YoungZer0

Nov 28, 2007
OhJohnNo said:
YoungZer0 said:
EightGaugeHippo said:

Once again, this is all opinion. ALL FUCKING OPINION. And oyu're arguing about it as if it's scientific fact.

Zero Punctuation is brilliant, but it brings out by far the worst in the community here. Refer back to my last post in this thread. You guys are behaving like youtube trolls.
Well it is a fact that the Halo Franchise is missing some "change".