Zero Punctuation: Halo: Reach

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Waitwaitwait...

Bungie is making an Oni sequel?

Was that just a throwaway line, or this actually happening? Because such a thing has the potential to make me one very happy individual.

Yeah... that one line kinda distracted me from the rest of the video.

lilmizzazle

Aug 11, 2010
I am actuly amused over the fact that yahtzee actuly "liked" a game that has been wanked so much upon now the last years! does this prove that bungie are indeed gods?

Flame Rider

Apr 5, 2010
Good to see it holds up at least a little bit, I'll be getting a 360 for christmas, now, this isn't my idea, my own Father is doing it off of his own motivation; I am a bit of a PS3 enthusiast, and I almost fear owning an Xbox 360 will make me some sort of over-acting, swinging hypocrite.
But I will undoubtly have this as one of the first games I will own, and I will never buy any of the other Halo games because, frankly, this seems like enough.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
I have to admit, despite being someone who hates with a passion everything Halo is and stands for, Halo Reach is a game I want to play.

It just needs to be multiplatform for that to happen.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Its a good thing anybody who likes the Halo story has already bought reach otherwise the massive spoilers in this would probably drive them murderfrenzy. On another note it's nice to see Yahzee not completely shitting all over a game for once, even though in Halo's case I couldn't care less.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Well it did better than most others before it.
Poor little reach

Sparrowsabre7

Mar 12, 2008
This was a great review, classic yahtzee, what's more surprising was the (damning) faint praise. It's nice to see he can be mildly entertained by a game and still make a funny review.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm shocked he didn't mention the lack of "the flood" as a plus in the game's favor.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
The only thing I can say about this review is I'm sad that I have to wait another seven days to see him rip up Dead Rising 2.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Wow, Yahtzee, you have completely blown my mind...You kinda liked it o_O Im shocked!

Anyway great video as always i have to admit, everything you said was true, still fun though =D

CronoT

May 15, 2010
orangeapples said:
I'm surprised. He didn't hate Halo Reach...
No, he hated it. But, it's nowhere near the level of hate that he has for games like Too Human and the Wolfenstein Reboot.

Also, I've never liked the Halo games precisely because there's no iron-sights aiming. In FPS games, I specialize in sniping and long distance single shot kills. So, a game that forces me to get up close with an underpowered weapon and stand there like a slack-jawed mental patient holds no appeal to me, whatsoever.

PanicxBoss

Nov 19, 2009
Artemus_Cain said:
One last thing, Escapsit. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE stop with that stupid Slim Jim commercial. I know they're giving you money, but can you please just put a banner ad or soemthing? It's too long, it's stupid, it's geared to six year olds, and it definatly doesn't make me want to buy any. Frankly, I'm insulted everytime I see it, and I have to put up with it almost every time I watch a damn movie here. I go on this site everyday, but I'm concidering stopping if this keeps up and I'm probably not the only one.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I frakking hate that commercial.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Racecar1994 said:
Wow. This is the first halo game he's actually liked...

cool, that was a nice surprise. Noblest death goes to Jorge for me however

: ) Love Jorge!
i dont think you can say he liked it

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
Tenkage said:
Ok that is fair, he destroy the game but he didn't hate it, so That must mean this is one of the best shooter games on the market, I mean come on if Yahtzee can enjoy it almost anyone can LOL
Nah im still not on board on Halo Reach, which is why im kind of disapointed he didn't rip the crap out of this game. Good point about the seat belts and what has been seen not being unseen. I wondered why no one ever strapped themselves into the vehicles in Reach.

He is right about the grinding combat though, seriously can't be bothered with walking through another corridor (occasionally killing a few grunts) only to walk into a large expansive area and square off with a few elites using grunts as bullet catchers.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I think Bungie has some real talent just below the surface that being free of microsoft will let come to full bloom. There were some good bits in the Halo series (Yahtzee has admitted as much). While Halo was just an overall average game, I'm genuinely looking forward to Bungie's next venture. Though, I really hope it's not another FPS. I have enough FPSs thanks.