Zero Punctuation: Hard Reset

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
I was under the distinct impression that the space marines in 'Space Marine' were blue, not brown :p

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Well... it makes sense that humans relate to humans more than unfeeling refrigerators...

And robots don't bleed near as much...

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Awww. I was half expecting this to be loved, Painkiller-style (and no doubt so were the devs, who will now be weeping as their Yahtzee-powered-sales-bump slips out of their hands)

Anyway, I rather liked Quake II. Sure you didn't mean the original, which really was the brownest of brown shooters.

So, Rage next week?

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Man, I couldn't agree less with the observation that organics are more fun to shoot. Have you seen the way these robots explode into a million tiny bits? After the last explosion dies down and everything in the area is dead or destroyed, you can still hear the metallic clunks of robot debris raining down. It's an absolute joy to see these things violently come apart.

Also, they put out a patch already that lets you switch between two weapons with one button. ;)

Chucktanium

Jul 11, 2010
This would be a pretty cool indie game if it came out years ago, but I really don't think it holds up that well. I also wasn't blown away with anything about pain killer, so I really don't know why Yahtzee has this unending hope for the studio.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
Hurrm. Not as funny as the prior shows, but still pretty good.
The enraged toaster made me laugh, though.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm kinda surprised he didn't seem to like this more, I thought the weapons were pretty creative but they didn't even get a mention, well I still want it, Ill probably get it during a holiday sale though since there are a few things I want more like heroes 6, oh well, guess the next shooter that he might like will be serious sam bfe.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Yep . I was starting to think that Yahtzee has finally droped in the mainstream media reviewer nightmare but he still is the old Yahtzee .
Keep it up and next week review Orcs must Die (thats an order of my terrible spelling ) .

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Well blowing up humans into giant clouds of red mist has always been more fun than taking a sledge to a machine. Oh well, I was hoping to hear this would be similar to Painkiller but as it stands it looks to be another cyberpunk game I'd probably not get too into.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Your lose for never looking into any of the mods for Quake 2. There was over a half decade worth of fun, unique entertainment that gaming will never see again, which you never got to experience. And for that I pity you. Look up Gloom for Quake 2 some time. I think a few of the guys who worked on that are working on the new Aliens game now.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Great stuff as always, it almost seemed as he liked it at some points, but also in way it seemed like he hated it. I guess we'll have to wait for Extra Punctuation before we can know for sure.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Yeah, Hard Reset is flawed but good enough to warrant playing. I think I counted six enemy types in total (buzzsaw chicken, walking bomb, monkey, humanoid clawy thing, humanoid shooty thing, rocket spamming bullet sponge) which is way too little for a game even of this short length.

Hell, Minecraft has more enemy variety.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
MacNille said:
Tarkand said:
I was under the distinct impression that the space marines in 'Space Marine' were blue, not brown :p
I was also under the imperssion that they were blue too. So wrong i have been.
Actually, from what I understand, they're not ALL blue. Just a good number of them. But I never really got into 40K.