Zero Punctuation: Haze

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Excellent review yet again, it was a bit short but if it was any longer he would of probably repeated himself from the Turok review. And I agree, the only thing that's even half way decent is the games cover.

EGOinside

Nov 24, 2007
Considering they could have done something like an up to date Jacob's Ladder... yeah this is a pretty forgettable game... shame.

Meaty Turtle

Jun 21, 2008
I think we're all missing the real point here. Exactly how does one "eat their cake" without "having it" in the first place?

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
I think you can easily get past that whole "trying to have one's cake and eat it too" addage by simply having 2 cakes. That way, you can have one and eat the other.

I never really cared for this game to begin with. Maybe that's why I liked this review more than some others.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Wow. I would never pay $105 American for a video game, no matter how good. I did not find this week as good as most, but still great none the less. This is one of the last things I use the internet for. My weekly dose of Zero Punctuation.

Chuckles

Jun 22, 2008
Hilarious as always. I hope you can get to Ninja Gaiden 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4 in a future review. Not sure when those are coming out in Australia.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Um, guys? The Drawn by Pain ad is at the end, after the review is over. You can just turn it off if you feel like it.

If it were at the beginning I'd complain, but now I can just turn it off after ZP is done (although I like DbP, I'm sick of the same monologue in all the ads), so why bother complaining when there's no obstacle to not watching it?

Oh, right, we're supposed to be commenting on the review. I forgot. Anyway, on that topic, the review was solid enough and it definitely had its funny moments, the line "and I was relieved to find that I was supposed to think that" had me cackling and I loved the technicolor explosions at the end. However, like some others here, I am a little tired of him reviewing so many FPS's. On Yahtzee's website he says that the editors and he usually work out games beforehand, is that true? Maybe whoever picks his games could stop making him review so many FPS's, or maybe it doesn't work that way. Maybe you have a good reason. Or maybe Yahtzee doesn't like reviewing Japanese games so he sticks to American games, and all that America is producing right now are FPS's. Whatever, I still think someone could stand to break the tide a little. Frankly, play one FPS and you've played about 90% of them all, and it's starting to seem like the same rule applies to reviews of FPS's as well.

kyouger

Jun 22, 2008
I hope to see him do a Ninja Gaiden 2 video soon, and maybe after that an MGS4. I haven't heard him talk much about the MGS series, so it'll be cool to see his outlook on it.

An nice review, could have been a little longer though. The only thing that kept me remotely interested in the progress of this game (Even though I don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting one, which also means I want to see Ryu before Snake) was the druggie factor. It would have made it at least stand out if only for a moment in the FPS market. Shame it didn't last past the halfway mark, which was kind of stupid if you think about it.

Oh well. Just another FPS lost in the wind.
Kyouger.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I've always made that point about having cake and eating it too. The phrase sort of implies that you could eat the cake without having it.

UpInSmoke

May 14, 2008
beddo said:
Get over yourself, there's no 'Casablanca' or 'The Godfather' yet in games. It's not hard to point out the flaws in a medium that relies on the unrealistic.
Unfortunately, this is no longer true in a literal sense.

Feb 13, 2008
UpInSmoke said:
beddo said:
Get over yourself, there's no 'Casablanca' or 'The Godfather' yet in games. It's not hard to point out the flaws in a medium that relies on the unrealistic.
Unfortunately, this is no longer true in a literal sense.
Or in either sense...http://www.casablancathegame.com/

DarthTirith

Nov 2, 2007
Another good review. I haven't play (Or will I, no PS3) Haze, but as a big internet nerd the games been crammed down everybody's face for the last few years. Its funny in many ways to see it fall on its over confident face. If only those devs spent a little more time on the game and a little less on throwing out teasers to the game-staved PS3 owners.

Love to see an Age of Conan review, its got so many flaws and not nearly enough reviews, just a bunch of "Its so pretty!" garbage.

Stelman257

Apr 5, 2008
Great review, also i picked up on the Evangelion reference.
Anyway, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 have both come out here.
Though they came out the week he was in NYC. I don't think he could've played AND made a review about either on such short notice.

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
I am horrified! Why are the movies blocked from temporary the internet files!? WTF? This is disgusting! I used to download all the movies and store them on my laptop at home (you know, because they're awsome) but now I find they no longer appear in the temp. internet files! I have dial-up at home so I can only watch them at college ... not happy, am saddened by this turn of events. So much for collecting the movies. Is there ANYWAY to download them?

To me this just seems a revolting move by the escaptistmagazine to draw more people to the site ... I 'HAD' respect, all I can say is that, well ... disapointed.

Meagdoomer

Jun 15, 2008
I Can't find anywhere better to say this;

STOP adding previews to other things at the end of clips, If I wanted to watch it I WOULD FUCKING WATCH IT!

FMC Crusade

Jun 21, 2008
Yea, Halo is a great game, maybe because of Campaign, it was shorter and the marine's were dumb, they hardly did anything except get in your way.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Meagdoomer said:
I Can't find anywhere better to say this;

STOP adding previews to other things at the end of clips, If I wanted to watch it I WOULD FUCKING WATCH IT!
Um, you did notice it comes AFTER the review, right? You can just rewind it or close the window if you don't care for it.