Zero Punctuation: Haze

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
About that cake comment... It dosen't make sense, does it? I have always assumed that it originaly went "you can't HALVE (not have) your cake and eat it to" reffering to the notion that if Mom tells you to share with your brother, you cut the cake in half, and he picks which slice he wants. The benifit that you can't have is halving the cake and picking which slice you wanted (the bigger, right?) Thats the only way I can make that cliche work for me.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
huntedannoyed said:
About that cake comment... It dosen't make sense, does it? I have always assumed that it originaly went "you can't HALVE (not have) your cake and eat it to" reffering to the notion that if Mom tells you to share with your brother, you cut the cake in half, and he picks which slice he wants. The benifit that you can't have is halving the cake and picking which slice you wanted (the bigger, right?) Thats the only way I can make that cliche work for me.
I think it means that you can't eat a cake that you have and still expect to have a cake afterwards.

Stelman257

Apr 5, 2008
The phrase "To have ones cake and eat it" isn't a literal term. Its a metaphor.
There are a few uses for it but basically its telling you not to be a greedy bastered.
Although in a literal sense this phrase makes no sense what so ever. It is very resonable to eat a cake you already have. (or hide in it if your a stripper, thanks Yahtzee).

Dyphius

Jun 14, 2008
Another Enjoyable time presented by Yahtzee, Yee Haw!
However, Much to my dismay...Some people decided to be lemmings and just go with the flow.

Why should what one person says prevent you from getting the game? Like seriously, are you that inept that you can't make a decision on you own? That you can't trust your own judgment?
No, you don't have to go out and buy the game instantly, however, you could show some form of self thinking and RENT THE GAME!

If you rent the game, play it for the weekend, and enjoy it, why not go buy it?
I'm sure you have had the experience that 'Hey! Why is Yahtzee saying this game sucks when I love it so much!' The point here being; Everyone has their own opinions on games. Reviews are just someones opinion. Yahtzee cannot speak for everyone, he is his own person pointing out things he sees as flaws.

NoPantsMan

Oct 31, 2007
"Personally I think it's a bit naive to think it would take anything as drastic as a mood-altering drug to make army recruits act like juvenile fuckwits"

Of course not, playing Halo is all it takes!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Playing Turok on PC right now its a very paint by numbers generic FPS with some barely fun weapon designs, what I hate most abotu it besides the fantasy-less bland story/characters and magical regeneration ability is the crappy modern corridor shooter level designs.....

Alpha prime is better than Haze...at least the drug worked :p

Alstan

Dec 5, 2007
Love the Cornetto reference, it remains me the films "Shaun of the dead" and "Hot Fuzz" lol

Muckrak3r

Sep 16, 2008
I just found this genius stuff from a post on xbox360fanboy.com today. I have to say the author dude is greatness. Haze did sukkk balls, I rented it from gamefly, so it was basically free. I want the 30 minutes of my life back that I spent installing the game to the hdd, only to delete that file 5 minutes later when I discovered the game was beyond horsecrap, it was the crap that bugs etc poop out after eating generic horsecrap. Its like Haze was trying to be something as a finished product, that it never mapped out even remotely clearly from the beginning. I wish I had seen this before playing it!

1deano1

Oct 6, 2008
very funny review although i disagree about having to be mad to buy it as i played a demo of it and have been wanting it ever since (although i have never had the money to as i am nearly always skint)

The Eaten Cake

Nov 26, 2008
Watching this makes me wonder how many Neon Genesis Evangelion references there are in your reviews... I only just noticed the reference to Shinji. "IMUSTN'TRUNAWAYIMUSTN'TRUNAWAYIMUSTN'TRUNAWAYIMUSTN'TRUNAWAY"

Or, it was a coincidence, which I doubt.