Zero Punctuation: Holiday 2010

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Happy Holidays Yahtzee!
I look forward to your weekly tonsil exercises in the New Year :)

Edit: Can anyone tell me what episode is the Coocoo-birds reference from ...I can't seem to recall it o_O?

Raigne

Nov 9, 2009
RandallJohn said:
Am I the only one who LOVED the ending?
Certainly not. I was mildly amused by the clip show, but the finish almost had me in tears. That was great. Stonking great even.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
I had thought for sure that the whole 5 minutes would have been spent in silence with imps ran around doing random stuff like putting in furniture and cleaning or something while people came and gave Yahtzee gifts and bowed before his awesomeness before a pants-on-head retard came in, started taking Yahtzee's presents and Yahtzee would beat the crap out of him at the end. oh, well.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
I would like to say, "Yes, Yahtzee! We do appreciate you!" However, I would be remiss if I didn't take notice of the eight syringes of sarcasm you injected into the phrase. So I'll just come straight out and ask, "What would it take to show that you are in fact appreciated?"

See you after the holidays, Yahtzee.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
...I'd have preferred the 5 minutes of silent contemplating.

Just for deliberately punishing us, I'm going to reverse-contemplate the contemplating I'd managed to contemplate. Also, thanks for a year of laughs.

itsme0

Aug 13, 2009
I thought he was going to do nothing for five minutes too... until I saw the time was 4:31 or whatever. I don't remember all of them, but it was good for his week off.

New years resolution for yahtzee, play a pokemon game :)I have to ask, am I the only one who loves the idea of him reviewing a pokemon game? All the things he could say about pokemon in general, the huge amounts of time training, the amount of them now, etc. I think he could make a very good review out of it.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I crossed my arms and sat patiently when he said to sit in silence. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Good collab either way though

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
That was great, hope you are enjoying your holiday. I love you reading whatever it is your reading so slowly, thats always great to watch :D. It's kind of wierd that I can't understand you when you read that slow, lol.

captnb2thep

Dec 30, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks Yahtzee sounded A LOT like Professor Snape (Alan Rickman) from Harry Potter at the very end. Hilarious!

PS: I dragged the mouse forward as well haha.

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
I actually had to replay the appreciation bit, as that got the loudest laugh from me. I guess I could just sit there in silence watching Yahtzee look at me awkwardly for turning up on his holiday week...

Cyanide Christ

Feb 3, 2010
Makes me wonder what yahtzee does on his holiday; most people here will spend their time away from work playing games; but in his case it'd only mean more work.

Damon Youngker

Jul 17, 2010
So I learned two things today,
One, Yahtzee fanboys, myself included, are glorious mental masochists who want to watch 5 minutes of silence, just so long as it comes from Yahtzee.

But the thing I wonder is, why do you need a break? I mean... you play video games for a living, and I bet I can guess what you do on break... It's like paying a crack addict to snort crack and then saying once a year, "they don't have to"; they're still going to do it, they just won't be paid for it.

Migratingchimp

Jun 7, 2010
coldalarm said:
Migratingchimp said:
Well seeing as how it was so disjointed. I'm just going to comment on how much fun I had reading "Mogworld" over the weekend. Got it for Christmas and was pleasantly entranced by Jim, Meryl, and Thaddeus. Fun book thanks Yahtzee.
It sounds like your book ended halfway through, then. The first half was great, the second half was a load of arse-talk and rubbish... At least, that's how it went for me. But yeah, Meryl <3

Back to the vid:
Was it just me or was it poorly edited? Could just have been Opera ballsing up, I guess.
I totally agree actually about halfway it got kinda wierd still a fun read though.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Damon Youngker said:
So I learned two things today,
One, Yahtzee fanboys, myself included, are glorious mental masochists who want to watch 5 minutes of silence, just so long as it comes from Yahtzee.

But the thing I wonder is, why do you need a break? I mean... you play video games for a living, and I bet I can guess what you do on break... It's like paying a crack addict to snort crack and then saying once a year, "they don't have to"; they're still going to do it, they just won't be paid for it.
Not really, he has to play games he probably doesn't always like and play them to the point of completion or at least as far as he can. He then has to write something funny about them (not easy even for the funniest people) then he has to make the video itself.
Although I'm sure this isn't super strenuous it can probably lead to some lame ass weeks.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Thank you for sharing 2010's best bits with us again Yahtzee, and Happy Holidays/Christmas/whatever you prefer.