Zero Punctuation: Holiday 2010

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Migratingchimp said:
coldalarm said:
Migratingchimp said:
Well seeing as how it was so disjointed. I'm just going to comment on how much fun I had reading "Mogworld" over the weekend. Got it for Christmas and was pleasantly entranced by Jim, Meryl, and Thaddeus. Fun book thanks Yahtzee.
It sounds like your book ended halfway through, then. The first half was great, the second half was a load of arse-talk and rubbish... At least, that's how it went for me. But yeah, Meryl <3

Back to the vid:
Was it just me or was it poorly edited? Could just have been Opera ballsing up, I guess.
I totally agree actually about halfway it got kinda wierd still a fun read though.
I found the last half to still be a fun and good read, abeit somewhat slightly darker, and dragging in pace a bit, like it could have hadmaybe 50 pages removed and been better because of it.

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Awww... I was actually ready to sit for 5 minutes and contemplate how amazing you are. Also, it's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks the Darksiders episode was one of the best from this year. Enjoy your week off!

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
I was actually about 10 seconds into contemplating how much I appreciate Yahtzee's Zero Punc when he shouted: "Oh, *uck it, here are some clips(quips?)" The answer is a darned lot. It introduced me to the Escapist community which has turned into a considerable blessing. Thanks Yahtzee! Your videos are hilarious too :)

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
LightPurpleLighter said:
Random berk said:
After the holidays, Yahtzee should do a review of Fable III. I know its quite late to do it, but that is a game that truly deserves to be torn to pieces. Just like it tore my high expectations to pieces. *sigh*, fuck Lionhead, and Peter Molyneaux.
I'm going to show my fangirly-ness here, so don't laugh at me, but...He said something about it on his Twitter. Quote: "Why does Fable have such vocal champions? You want a review, here it is: Fable's never been good and 3 doesn't change anything."
I thought Fable II was enjoyable enough, once you ignored the stupid civilians. The story was alright, if a bit short, and more importantly it left quite a bit to do after the story, to which most games don't pay enough attention. This one on the other hand had much more clumsy gameplay, and the whole part after you become king, which was supposed to be the game's big selling point, was a joke. They started you off on it, and then just said " fuck it, lets cut straight to the end." The game was not long enough, and didn't have a good enough start or end to get away with that.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
Is anyone else having a problem watching the video? The audio keeps going, but the video keeps stalling for some reason.

Lisa Cerilli

Dec 16, 2010
To you, everything is the greatest gag ever... oh wait...
Moriarty70 said:
Srdjan Tanaskovic said:
At first I thought it would only be a 5 minutes long video where nobody said anything
I was hoping it would be, dear god I was hoping it would be. That would have been one of the greatest gags ever.
To you, everything is the greatest gag ever... oh wait...

Alucard832

Sep 6, 2010
1:30 - 1:49 shouldn't have been included. Both were analogies based in ignorance - the former being the analogy itself and the latter being the game which it was about.

Spindleweed

Jun 14, 2009
This is probably one of the more obscure questions, but in the Force Unleashed 2 clip, what was the make of the combat boot used? I can't make out the logo, and now I really want a pair.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
Gotta love the ending, Ode on Melancholy was a nice poem, a bit sad but still great.

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
Best one?

Yahtzee said:
I am a monster truck that walks like a man!
And while I enjoyed the bit at the end, Yahtzee is sadly neither Morgan Freeman nor Stephen Fry and should probably stay out of the books-on-tape business.

Steve Schmaling

Jul 22, 2010
realslimshadowen said:
Best one?

Yahtzee said:
I am a monster truck that walks like a man!
And while I enjoyed the bit at the end, Yahtzee is sadly neither Morgan Freeman nor Stephen Fry and should probably stay out of the books-on-tape business.
No he most certainly can go into the books on tape business. I would love to have him in his normal pace of voice though. I would get through a book in a heartbeat.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
The ending should've said "And the Black Ops review video" because that was one, long, excruciatingly hilarious analogy. Why DIDN'T he put that "America is an Obese pre-pubescent girl" analogy in there?

Konidias

Jan 4, 2011
By far my most favorite quip from Yahtzee this year was during the Torchlight review... That review had my nearly peeing myself from laughing so hard. When it got 1:40 in, and he says:

"Torchlight is a Steam game, currently exclusive to PC, and I wouldn't hold your breath for a console port. It would lose a lot of the atmosphere of the original since you wouldn't be able to hear your mouse button clicking about 50 times a second. This is something the game has in common with Diablo along with absolutely fucking everything else. You click around town, click your way into some quests, click down to the dungeons, click all the enemies to death, and then click back home again. There's more clicks than a school for dolphin telegraph operators."