Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Autocracy

Feb 25, 2009
quickpaw said:
Chibz said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
Yes, and no. Yahtzee is such an endearing fellow in that he seems to hate almost everything 'near equally.
No not at all. He harps on about Nintendo being evil and how its leaders kill kittens for fun. And yet for the 360 he bums it at every possible chance. Take for example the rrod, if any other console had a flaw like this he would never let it go and yet because he is a microsoft fanboy he has barely even mentioned it. Thus he is a fanboy
Oh, for god's sake. Get over it. Just get over it. If you hate his apparent bias sooooo damn much, why are you here? Why are you rambling about his preferences? LEAVE.

Bias or no, Yahtzee has every right to harp on who he wants to harp and prefer who he wants to prefer. It's called prerogative. It's called Choice. It's called preference. There are so many different words for it. But in the end he doesn't have to please you or me or anyone else. Hell, at least he's honest about his hatred where as so many review sites kiss ass.

I assure you, Nintendo is a big boy. It can handle itself. It doesn't need the Justice League of fanboys to run out to its rescue. I'm sure, at the end of the day, they clean their butts with money and laugh about Zero Punctuation. So why can't you? Or does Nintendo not pay you for your loyalty? I mean, clearly Microsoft and Sony do!

So play what you want to play, don't play what you don't like, but in the end stop fretting about what other people think. Yahtzee is just sharing an opinion and you are free to disagree but please don't get hung up on it. I am sure you can enjoy Nintendo's products even if he doesn't like them.

Edit:

And as I re-watch the review, it's funny, despite all the negative stuff he says about Nintendo, he ends up speaking more fondly about the game and bashing Killzone 2--to remind everyone, that's not a Nintendo game but a SONY game--instead.

To simplify:

House of Dead > Killzone

To simplify again:

Nintendo > Sony

That's what he's saying. Ho boy. I guess you guys feel silly. So much for his anti-Nintendo agenda.

saneman

Mar 18, 2009
ho hum
zp is funny and all but it do find it interesting that after reviewing COD4, CRYSIS and GOW2 he hasn't done kz2.

GOW2 review ended favorably. I would like to know why he goes to the trouble of reviewing fps's titles that appear on the XBOX and maybe the PS3. But doesn't seem interested in the PS3's fps exclusive except when it was Haze but that was gonna be crap anyway. Is it his *kof* xbox/microsoft/pc sponsors *kof* who are calling the shots?

And brilliant ploy invoking killzone 2's name only to review some throw away game on the karaoke machine. talk about fishing for web traffic.

and last point:
why doesnt he play/review online multi-player I mean its 2009!!!
I know Australia is a sheety hot island in the middle of nowhere but he must have a few friends who also have da interweb access?

Most fps's single player campaign are pretty much boot camp for the online multi-player. I just think voicing your opinion about 30% of a game in some instances does not really count as a review.

He makes good points and is often spot on about games, but at least have the guts to review another consoles exclusives if you are going to do it for the xbox fps exclusives.

Maybe his comments about killzone where misinterpreted.

Maybe he just doesnt like fps's(fair enough) and cant be bothered reviewing yet another fps, but by him saying that its gear of world war 2 is he maybe saying that kz2 is a great best fps because its has all the great stuff from other fps's and is just done graphically better... ?

El_Chubba_Chubba

Mar 13, 2009
wow, theres a review on overkill and people rant about killzone 2. Its fair enough as its a pretty good game. I think that nintendo have enough money now from the wii that they could design a whole new wii with amazing grpahics, and a improved motion sensor system, and enough power in it to make one of those big bang black hole machines that dont work.

Then they should call it the Chubba, and exchange all wii's with the chubba and giv them an amazing zombie game and a new zelda, and duke nukem 4eva.

Oh and someguy earlier on said that its stupid or unrealistic how you have a magnum (which were last issued by the army in ww2), Well thing is Killzone 2 is ww2, so why not. Cos helghan is germany, helghast are nazis, and the first level you play is the d-day landing, as you run up the beach.

wooooo by the chubba at all good retail stores 2day.

Evan Waters

Dec 12, 2007
theultimateend said:
Am I the only one that didn't catch how this video was him 'maintaining his Nintendo hate"?

It seemed to me like he said he understood their decisions and that it's not a bad thing and that the game he just played on a Nintendo system was fun for what it was trying to be.
Heck, I'm someone who has no problem with what Nintendo's doing (shouldn't a true "hardcore" gamer be someone who loves games in any genre, including casual?), and I didn't see anything really hostile here either. Heck, he's saying that OVERKILL is a good game.

I think the complaint with KILLZONE 2 graphically isn't a lack of detail so much as it's the same thing we've seen in so many vaguely futuristic FPSes. This specific approach- space marines, power armor, alien hordes, "industrial" surroundings- is getting kinda overdone.

Offatwork

Feb 7, 2009
quickpaw said:
Autocracy said:
quickpaw said:
Chibz said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
Yes, and no. Yahtzee is such an endearing fellow in that he seems to hate almost everything 'near equally.
No not at all. He harps on about Nintendo being evil and how its leaders kill kittens for fun. And yet for the 360 he bums it at every possible chance. Take for example the rrod, if any other console had a flaw like this he would never let it go and yet because he is a microsoft fanboy he has barely even mentioned it. Thus he is a fanboy
LEAVE.

I assure you, Nintendo is a big boy. It can handle itself. It doesn't need the Justice League of fanboys to run out to its rescue. I'm sure, at the end of the day, they clean their butts with money and laugh about Zero Punctuation. So why can't you? Or does Nintendo not pay you for your loyalty? I mean, clearly Microsoft and Sony do!

Edit:

And as I re-watch the review, it's funny, despite all the negative stuff he says about Nintendo, he ends up speaking more fondly about the game and bashing Killzone 2--to remind everyone, that's not a Nintendo game but a SONY game--instead.

To simplify:

House of Dead > Killzone

To simplify again:

Nintendo > Sony

That's what he's saying. Ho boy. I guess you guys feel silly. So much for his anti-Nintendo agenda.
Okay now that your rant is over I will respond to you on a point by point basis.

It's nice to see that you can argue maturely, starting by telling me to leave

I'm sorry I offended you by insulting your messiah but you still need to calm down.

Justice league of fanboys oh you do make me laugh, that?s what the yahtzee trolls always say. Look back through this thread and his one on ssbb. The people defending Nintendo are outnumbered 10 to 1 and yet the Yahtzee fanboys still preach on about being ganged up on by an organised group like you have just done. Honestly it?s quite pathetic.

You cannot simplify it like that. Comparing all that negative stuff to 2 seconds worth of insulting is like comparing Hitler to a normal murdered. It just doesn't work.

Oh and no I don't feel silly at all. It would take a lot more then an Anonymous Source to make me feel daft.
I'm sorry Autocracy, this is what happens when you argue with idiots: You go down to their level and they beat you with experience.

---------------------------

"He harps on about Nintendo being evil and how its leaders kill kittens for fun." -quickpaw

Whoa! Where in the hell did he directly link Nintendo to killing kittens for fun? I mean, that's pretty serious...

Sounds to me Yahtzee said that Nintendo keeps taking the low-brow approach, it cannot be recognized as a serious gaming platform, targeting people who don't play games on a normal basis in order to increase sales. I certainly didn't hear Yahtzee say anything about Nintendo killing kittens...

I did, however, here him say Nintendo is catering to the mentally retarded. I wonder, which one are you...

Offatwork

Feb 7, 2009
quickpaw said:
*sigh* when do the Yahtzee trolls get bored? This argument has long finished so I do not feel the need to respond to you. Oh and if you want to get technical I am actually classed as retarded. Happy now?

Edit: It does entertain me that every single one of your posts so far has been on a yahtzee thread. You are one hell of a fanboy.
A: Grow up. This isn't trolling, what you are doing is trolling. People go to this website to see Yahtzee's reviews because they want to. You like to spout how much you hate Yahtzee for his opinion. I'm pretty sure you're the one who's trying to pick a fight; and you got one.

B: Yahtzee and I share the same opinion on video games; that's all. It's called using your head while playing a video game. I don't like the way he associates Republicans as "I like to blow everyone's head off with a gun because war is cool" thought process. But I don't go off on a tangent telling people that his opinion is absolute trash because he likes to kill babies for fun. That's the difference between you and me. I only come on this site to watch his reviews, I couldn't care less about anything else on here. Posts from, you said it, retarded people like you make me laugh and I like to put people like you back in your place.

C: Keep spouting your typical B.S. It usually comes out as, "Durr" to the mass public.

jordankid93

May 2, 2009
ME WONT KILLZONE TUU REVEUW NOW PLEES!!!

But seriously. Why won;t you do a full review? Calling something "Gears of World War 2", with Gears being a well received shooter and World War 2 games (going back to ps2 days) were pretty good, is a fairly good complement. If this is your way of complementing something that you didn't enjoy (i wouldnt be surprised) then you should still do a review for laughs. I can see a good 3/4 of it revolving around Sgt.Pompus Dickface....err Rico being the "King of Douches" across the happy land of Dickwodery. See, i gave you at least 3 funny things and sexual references off the top of my head in under 1 minute. You should do it!!!!

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
0:06 from this video is actually one of the German lines in CoD:WaW when you lose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAbgAIE0Dqg

Dr. GoS

Oct 19, 2009
I think we all missed the real point of discussion here, what's the torchwood reference in the review? I can't think of anything. Can anyone help me out?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Dr. GoS said:
I think we all missed the real point of discussion here, what's the torchwood reference in the review? I can't think of anything. Can anyone help me out?
Are you asking what Torchwood is, or for a more specific reference to an episode?

Dr. GoS

Oct 19, 2009
Lukeje said:
Dr. GoS said:
Are you asking what Torchwood is, or for a more specific reference to an episode?
An episode or event would be good. I love torchwood, so Im pretty good I'm the first catigory.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
I recently picked this up used for less than $20 and had a blast playing through the Normal mode. I found that I need some extra firepower in some scenes so I fired up the 2nd controller (both properly equipped with Nyko Perfect Shots) and went at the zomb- ,er, I mean, mutants like Hard Boiled's Tequila!

I liked the grindhouse look and feel to the game, and the extra layer of cheese seemed to work for the dialog instead of against it like so many other videogames.

I good pick-up-and-play kinda game, especially if a buddy comes over.