Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
I found that funny, the best part is when he became all soppy and was like "Wouldn't have it any other way".

But that's mainly cos my lover had said the same to me 30 minutes prior on the phone.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Good review.....No really this actually said a bit about the game itself.........nice...

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I knew Yahtzee would hate Killzone 2. It's colors are not bright at all, he doesn't care for multiplayer, and all you do is "kill" people in a war "zone". I'm glad he had fun with Overkill. I wonder if we'll see a MadWorld review.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
wtf? Bit early isn't it? Still, two games I've wanted to see. Disappointed that he's not doing a full review of Killzone 2, surely if it's as bad as he makes out, there's plenty of material for him there? Anyways, this makes me want Overkill, I think I might buy it for my best mate, cheer him up after getting dumped.
He didn't say it was bad, he said its story was bad. The way he talked about Killzone 2, it was like he actually enjoyed it, but he hated the story. I think he's spot on with that. Horrible story, fantastic game.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
That was a truly brilliant review, something I haven't said in these comments for a while. The amount of bile, sarcasm and actual seriousness was put together wonderfully. Great job.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Breno said:
JonnWood said:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!
okay call me a fanboy but killzone 2 deserves a full review not just 2 sentances wich by the looks of it only reviewed the traliers and where did he get germans from i mean guys with glowing red gogles and breading gas masks germans?? ok sure it was made by germans but theres noting to do with germans at all!!! and another thing the setting is 2152 or sumtaing along those lines + the only thing it has the same as gears is the colour wich it is better then with the lighting effets and i could go on more but the bottem line is
i want killzone 2 review!!!!!!!
If you can't see the similarities between the Helghast and the Nazi Sturmtruppen, then you need to go back to school and take History again.

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
quickpaw said:
agerdemon said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
I didn't know you could get anti-fanboy fanboys lol. I think he just very annoyed with the crap that nintendo keeps churning out relying purely on the customers nostalgia.
Well aren't you mature. Starting the argument by insulting me. Anyone how can you Blame Nintendo for the games on its console, that?s like blaming a plane crash owing to pilot error on Boeing.
I wasn't insulting you I was making a joke and Nintendo aren't bad they are just in a poor patch at the moment, they need to start making up new stuff thats all. Didn't mean to offend.

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
agerdemon said:
quickpaw said:
agerdemon said:
quickpaw said:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.
I didn't know you could get anti-fanboy fanboys lol. I think he just very annoyed with the crap that nintendo keeps churning out relying purely on the customers nostalgia.
Well aren't you mature. Starting the argument by insulting me. Anyone how can you Blame Nintendo for the games on its console, that?s like blaming a plane crash owing to pilot error on Boeing.
I wasn't insulting you I was making a joke and Nintendo aren't bad they are just in a poor patch at the moment, they need to start making up new stuff thats all. Didn't mean to offend.
Also I mean that yahtzee is a anti-fanboy fanboy

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Nintendo fans-er, users are really sensitive...although I was too back when I had a GameCube and my Xbox and PS2 friends mocked me for it (but it actually had enough great games to not pity myself...and then the PS2 got RE4 too)...

Anyways, really liked how he slipped in a quick Killzone 2 review. At first I was like "meh...how you gonna find enough material for a whole video" and there we go, haha.

Wingmna

Feb 10, 2009
nathan-dts said:
Wow. Your first funny review in months. I agree with the House of the dead stuff disagree about the KillZone stuff.
Gamecube, if anything was better then PS2 in just about everything, graphics power, controller set up (design, wavebird, etc), even the discs Nintendo prevented privacy where PS2 failed. However it never caught on as much, like what is happening with PS3 now. Super Monkey Ball 2, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime series (it STILL looks good for a 2002 game), Pikmin, even RE 4 was released on the GC first and was the best experience visually (they had to add extra content since the PS2 lacked the power to keep up with what RE4 demanded) were just some of the solid titles GC had, the list goes on.

Of course Dreamcast was better then both consoles, but overall I'd say Gamecube would have been the best console in that generation if it wasn't for the pure fandom of the PS2... Sure PS2 had quality games, but it also had a LOT of shovelware like the Wii does have now, I can't even REMEMBER all the crappy PS2 JRPG or car titles I have seen.

The reason why Nintendo turned away from power is because Gamecube was a solid console but just didn't sell. So I find it ironic that Sony fanboys are giving Nintendo crap atm when the exact thing happened years before with the PS2... Sony got a new audience, had a DVD player attached and PS2 sold like hotcakes even though both Dreamcast and Gamecube were better (Gamecube came after PS2 of course, but PS2 still kept selling so much more then the cube, and even then, Dreamcast came before PS2 and it didn't beat it, so hype > release dates).

With that said, yes, Wii does need help. While it is most comparable to what PS2 was in the day, PS2 still had a lot of solid titles while Wii needs more.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
cutekittenkyti said:
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V
Velvet Assassin
Quantum of Solace (though it is apparently SHIT)
Indiana Jones and the Staff of the Kings (that should fill his Wii quota for when it comes out)
Knights of the old republic 3 (Bioware and PC, the PC elitists (like me) will love it)

But overall I approve of this review, and I think I will be referring to Killzone 2 as "Gears of World War 2" from now on it is just so fitting.

Might just get a Wii for this game... maybe... if it was just a bit cheaper because come on it now costs more than a 360, that is ridiculous.

Duh

Feb 19, 2009
L4Y Duke said:
cutekittenkyti said:
Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V
Retrospective reviews of Ico, KKND and one of Vigilante 8: Arcade, perhaps?

Don't know a Q one though.

EDIT: Quake! How could I forget Quake!
i though about mentioning Vigilante 8, it brings me good memories, i mean cars batling to death with guns, rockets and whatever, whats not to like?

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Eipok Kruden said:
If you can't see the similarities between the Helghast and the Nazi Sturmtruppen, then you need to go back to school and take History again.
Or actually look at the game. Heck just look at the helghast symbol, it uses the same colors and style as the nazi swastika, only with a slightly different symbol.

cjackson92

Mar 6, 2009
I actually honestly doubt he really played Killzone 2. The game starts out all around slow but it was pretty intense fun towards the end, though I didn't play it for the story. I liked the comparison of space Nazis though I dislike his writing it off as being overly serious (though to his credit there are several things GG should have left out story wise)

Xyllar

Dec 19, 2008
Maybe this is an excuse to finally get my Wii back out of the closet. It almost sounded like Yahtzee actually liked this one.

PrimeZero2

Apr 30, 2008
He talks about ****ing his pants over Crysis and mentions nothing about KZ2's graphics? Whatever, great review anyways.