Zero Punctuation: Just Cause 2

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
....totally pointless and the word fun, sometimes I don't understand you guys lol

Good one Ben, I'm not gonna buy this game.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
geldonyetich said:
Sounds like the game would be fun for a lark if:

A) They drop the price to $20

B) I have enough time on my hands to actually want to spend tooling around yet another Sandbox.

Considering I've yet to even pick up Far Cry 2, which did the same thing but with more awesomeness-blunting realism, I'd say the odds I ever touch Just Cause 2 are low.
QFT

Kyouki1980

May 26, 2008
I'm a happy chappy. This weeks video made me laugh, especially the hook shotting images of cats. Well done Yahtzee.
Note to everyone else I've played the Demo of Just Cause 2 and it can suck my nut sack. Its a rental game at best if even that. Certainly not one I would actually pay any money for. The fucking around aspect gets old after 5 minutes.
I guess I just like substance in my games.

wilted_orchid

Aug 11, 2009
I am officially in love with you, Yahtzee, and I want to have your babies.

Why?

FUCKED IF I KNOW.

No, in all seriousness brilliant review and there was something different about your style in this review...you very nearly sounded happy? Or satisfied (sexually or otherwise)? Something good anyway (Y)

Loved the cats ^_^

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
twaddle said:
"some might say that's enough. some might say i'm to fucking hard to please. Well some can just shut there fucking mouth!"
"why you ask? just cause!...2"

Thanks again for the brillant review!
the hook shot is going to take me bac to the days of multiplayer in an certain 007 game we love.
Agent under Fire? I loved turning on zero gravity and hookshots on in that game, too bad the maps sucked. :/

OP: I might get this, I enjoyed Mercenaries 2 quite a bit and this game seems to be that plus extra destruction and awesomeness.

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
This game sounds like the midground between saints row 2 and mercenaries 2, odd that this is just cause 2. All in all though it does look fun, at least worth a rental.

Corohan

Mar 11, 2010
I purchased this game last week, and I have to say that I'm having an incredible time with it so far. With almost no doubt in my mind, I can say that this is my favourite sandbox game. Better than Saints Row 2, Mercenaries 2 and perhaps even GTA 4.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Totally need a hookshot in GTA now.

To snag drivers out of their cars at hilarious moments of course. What did you think I was gonna say?

ManStapler

Jul 13, 2009
Neat! Finally a review that was just as entertaining as it was discovering Zero Punctuation for the first time!

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
Looks like Yahtzee has a soft spot for things that purr. >_>

Anyway, I agree. Good game, fun to totally beat the shit out of everything you see.... but not great in the story and buying stuff department.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Item 1 to be written in gold dust by the Pope
Item 2 to be written in silver dust by the Pope's cat

Why?

Ju--I mean, Fu--

Come to think of it, does the Pope actually HAVE a cat?

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
This was one of the funniest in a while. It's nice to see that Yahtzee is still on top form. I d/l'd the Steam demo for the game; I guess since he gave it what amounts to a positive review (for him, anyway) I should go check it out.

To the Steam App!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
A1 said:
It doesn't matter what you would do. What matters here is what Yahtzee is doing.

And Yahtzee never said that the story and dialogue problems don't matter. He didn't even say anything to that effect.

Could you please stop being constrained by your own opinion?
No thanks. My opinions are too marvelous.

You see, you too are putting your spin on what was said. "I'm the only one who cares" does not inherently mean that it detracts from the experience. It just means that "I'm the only one who cares".

As for "Some might say that's enough. Some might say I'm too hard to please. But some can shut their fucking mouths." it does not inherently mean that he disagrees with what they're saying. It just says that they should shut up it.

GUIGUI

Feb 13, 2009
Not related to Just cause, but would you do a retro review? As has just been made available again on GoG.com, I would to see you review Outcast: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/outcast

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
100% copy of my opnions of the game, including the love for adding cats into everything :3

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
Wow!
Zero Punctuation and Cats!
Two of the world's best things!
And both in one episode!
Wow!