Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Paulrus_Keaton

Apr 23, 2009
This is the only review I've heard/read thus far that actually hated the low-quality shaky-cam art style. I liked it personally, but that's my thing. Great review.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Can someone explain to me what happened with Gamespot and the first one? Were they bribing them for good reviews or something?

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Well the vacation was a good thing, best zp in a while. I was losing confidence with recent reviews but confidence is restored.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I saw the game in the shop, brand new on the cheap and picked it up. They have also padded out the shooting bits because it's almost impsoble to actually hit only one.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
I was expecting a very hars, very funny and very shocking review after I read the tease to this video on his "Extra Punctuation".

But Yahtzee has succeeded every expectation. And for what he says the game must feel like being trapped into the movie "Quarantine", with the wobbly cammera and the terrible lightning. I feel for ya Yahtzee, your pulsating headache is also felt by me. Great review, and I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I am so glad somebody else in the world is absolutely sick of cover based shooters. Third person? Find. Games where using a large solid object to avoid being shot is a good idea? Also fine. Game where you sit behind cover and slowly pick off blurry black clad enemies amidst a blurry black background? Fuck off.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I was praying that Yahtzee would review this game, as punishment for the Gerstmann thing over the last one, and lo and behold, he actually mentions Gerstmann! Shine on, Yahtzee!

Also, the sheer number of bodily-secretion jokes make this one of the grossest ZPs yet, but nothing can top the one joke from the Split/Second review just a few weeks ago, so it's all good.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
DominicxD said:
I wanted a Mafia II review, though this was pretty fucking funny I must admit.
Also looking forward to this, hopefully it is out in Australia and hepland on reviewing it soon (Would also love to see some jabs at Russ' love letter review although I doubt it!

Very funny review. couldnt care lkess about the game so seeing it get well and truly Yahtzeed makes me smile

FlameUnquenchable

Apr 27, 2010
I thought the first game looked awful, and I wasn't even going to buy the second, so I'm happy to see it get shredded like so. They just don't get the idea that making bad games....is bad.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
You can tell when Yahtzee is simply being a prat for the sake of Zero Punctuation, and he was clearly legitimately ripping on this game. He's never been so openly mad at a video game as he is in this video.

Dr Judym

Aug 27, 2010
Spot-on review, unfortunately. There's no dynamic in this game, absolutely no variety, and the ending is like a slap in the face, you just exit the location you were in, 3 sec. in-game movie, the end. Honestly, I've never seen such insolence from the developers before. How come this game went through even a hopelessly mediocre QA team is beyond me.

No. 1 candidate in the "WTF of the year" category.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
I think I could feel the rage all the way from Australia.
Well done, Master Yahtzee. Another atrocious game kicked so hard it entered a different dimension.

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
ilovemyLunchbox said:
You can tell when Yahtzee is simply being a prat for the sake of Zero Punctuation, and he was clearly legitimately ripping on this game. He's never been so openly mad at a video game as he is in this video.
Maybe, but the game acctually is bad.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Very nice, it's fantastic to watch Yahtzee tear a game a new one.

ShenCS said:
Can someone explain to me what happened with Gamespot and the first one? Were they bribing them for good reviews or something?
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/review.html

A senior game reviewer from Gamespot, Jeff Gerstmann, gave the first Kane & Lynch 6/10 instead of the 8/10 or higher Eidos was probably expecting. Gerstmann was then fired. Coincidentally, Eidos had put up Kane & Lynch advertising all over the site before the game's release. People connected the dots (or thought they did, anyway) and blamed Gamespot and Eidos for being partners in crime.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
"The biggest threat in the game could have been outwitted by chucking a fucking Bonio at it."

I found that immeasurably hilarious. My sleeping mother, on the other hand, did not.

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
marioandsonic said:
I wonder if Yahtzee has found a new "worst game I've ever reviewed", in place of Too Human.
I'm pretty sure that Too Human is hard to beat. Yahtzee did give this game one compliment (maybe without realizing it himself): It's short. Crappy things that are short are ultimately better than any crap thing that is long. Yahtzee didn't give this praise to Too Human. But I can't read his mind, just saying from a buyers point of view. If I had to play one of the games based on his reviews, it would be this.