Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Fail game is fail! Yeah, I'll avoid this game. Thanks for the heads up.

This goes back to the point that Extra Credit is making. Don't buy the game and perhaps we can get these CRAP games off the shelves.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Rolling on the floor, laughing. Not even going to abbreviate that, it's worth every word to say.

The final joke is priceless.
I second this statement.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
To be honest, I kind of expect this. But that doesn't mean it isn't funny.

Personally, I loved Kane and Lynch 1, and I loved the demo for Dog Days.

I'll have to pick this game up sometime.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The demo was borderline torture. I couldn't imagine playing the whole game.

I like how he describes the plot as basically being Army of Two: The 40th Day minus any semblance of sense. Not that Ao2 was a deep title, but Salem and Rios had a reason to suddenly go after the boss after spending most of the game escaping....

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
This sounds about on par with the first, which was buggy and unpleasant and took itself way too seriously. Game developers need to realize that gratuitous violence and loads of swears does not make something gritty. It just makes it childish.

This review seemed especially acerbic though, so good work.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Rofl, I think the game devs won't be able to sit for a couple of days after seeing this review :p

Best one in a while Yahtzee, keep it coming and bring on Mafia 2, think we need a review to take it down a notch :<

Tele-screen

Nov 23, 2009
AugustFall said:
Well the vacation was a good thing, best zp in a while. I was losing confidence with recent reviews but confidence is restored.
This was a perfect target for him: a "AAA" title that is everything he hates in videogames and seriously makes everyone dumber for playing it. I was smiling just from hearing how much he deeply hated it in his voice. He definitely hasn't had one of those in a few reviews.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Back on top form, excellent. 'The plot was about as flimsy as being served coffee by a man with no bones in his arms' Writing everywhere needs to be more like this.

megamanenm

Apr 7, 2009
I watched an entire let's play of the game, it's just flat-out pathetic. Christ, he beat it in three to fours hours, and he died a lot too. The only good thing I can say is that the voice acting is pretty good, and I actually did sort of like the graphic style it was going for; but that's about it.

Uberman5000

Jul 21, 2010
Kane and Lynch are such incredibly repulsive characters. I feel like they should be driving a beat-up Chevrolet truck from 1980s barrelling down an unpaved road to check on their weed grow in the middle of the country. How do these people get the entire Chinese army after them?

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
Another hilarious review by Yatzhee. Even the credits were hilariously mocking the games effects, by having a prostitute pole dance with a light streak. ^^

Although I did enjoy the Angry Joe's review [http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/aj/ajsreview/27676-ajkanealynch2-dogdays], just about the same.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
sheogoraththemad said:
why does he put the first 3 always on probation or ban,
other than that great review.
There's a good chance it's because the first few posters are often wankers who line up to vacuum the sweat off Yhatzee's scrotum before they've actually seen the video.

Case in point, the first post of this thread was made one minute after this thread came up. The video is five minutes long.

It might just be an automatic system to get mindless sycophants or "First Post!"-ers. Basically, it you post before the actual runtime of the video, your ass is automatically caught.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Rayne Logan said:
ilovemyLunchbox said:
You can tell when Yahtzee is simply being a prat for the sake of Zero Punctuation, and he was clearly legitimately ripping on this game. He's never been so openly mad at a video game as he is in this video.
Maybe, but the game acctually is bad.
I inferred that.

Apr 7, 2010
Now this episode was fucking great, probably my favorite! Is this game from the same developers who did army of two? Because that game by far has to be the absolute ultra shit of games.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Wow, it's like this game brings together everything I hate about current games into one crap sandwich. All it would need is a wretched, ridiculous JRPG narrative as the olive on top.

Knifewounds said:
Not like this is a big deal or anything, but why does your Kane look like ur Niko Bellic?
Yahtzee tends to reuse images, especially the ones that are drawn (like that boat). I'm assuming it's to shave some time off the probably long, arduous process of putting one of these videos together.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I honestly liked this game. What few qualitys it had really shown through.

Sure, i have to agree with Mr. Croshaw on nearly every word he uttered, but this game was definitly worth a rent.