Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I found the fact that so many people were put on probation a lot more funny then this particular episode of ZP :p

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
KimberlyGoreHound said:
That's why they were put on probation. People who add absolutely nothing with a comment to a ZP video at a time which it would be impossible to have seen any substantial amount of the video get put on probation. Happens every Wednesday.
And you were one of them this week lol.

Anyway moving on good review however im surprised he didn't give out any *spoiler alert* walking from streets naked or the censor (which i felt got in the way alot of the time. So i sold the game and got ace combat 6.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
ShenCS said:
Can someone explain to me what happened with Gamespot and the first one? Were they bribing them for good reviews or something?
You could personalise the entire website with Kane and Lynch artwork, and do all sorts with basically Kane and Lynch random junk, now Jeff Gertsmann gave a totally horrible review about it and I for one saw it... now it wasn't that he was being nasty about the game but that you hardly got to see it, the video was basically his face obscuring the game, so all in all a vitriol filled rambling mess.

Eidos took away the funding for the marketing on the site which was reported at the time of 600,000 dollars... or maybe it was the equivalant of 600,000 pounds, I forget which.

The Root Beer Guy

Apr 1, 2010
It actually depresses me that this game is so terrible. Hitman is one of my favorite series of all time and I love Freedom Fighters. I just hope IO doesn't go under because of this game.

MimeticLie

Jul 27, 2009
The car accident metaphor was perhaps a little tone deaf, given recent events, but overall a pretty good review. Classic Yahtzee.

Aug 4, 2009
Now this may reflect badly on me as a person but what I liked about the first game and the second one until it went sky-scraper-helicopter-batshit-wacko, is the fact the the game feels so inhospitable and unfriendly. I mean it's not the dificulty really it's just that most shooters now-days ESPECIALLY the "grity and realistic" ones are "grity and realistic" untill your partner starts wise-cracking about the head-shot you just pulled of or half-way through the main "anti-hero" pulls a nice guy move out of his ass by saving one damsel in distress or another in a sad atempt to make your homicidal maniac be slightly better than all the other homicidal maniacs you shoot and will subsequintly betray.

While indeed K&L 2 is inferior to the first one I still liked the series the first one especially, because it has no such pretences. You're an unlikable fuck who's partner is another unlikable fuck and all that is happening to you, you most surely deserve. And the same thing reflects in the combat you get shot you either have to pray a partner sticks you with a nedle before you breath your hatefull last or(in the second game) crawl back to relative saftey before you get shreded to little psychopathic pieces. So man up because the world hates you and so deoes everyone in it.

Oh well, maybe K&L just happened to be "THAT" game for me. You know the game everyone hates and only manages to appeal to you, well it happens. In other news awsome review that is geniuenly funny, bravo.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Is anyone else surprised that he didn't mention the naked scene?

I was expecting him to have an absolute field day with that.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Making wednesdays since I can remember, last week felt weird clicking around on the escapist humming and harring, hoping your holiday was cut short by pirates so you had to come back and entertain us.

Love the reviews and thanks to the psychonauts review me and my friend have enjoyed multiple hours of genius fun. Cheers Mate

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
You can turn off the drunk cameraman but the camera is still pretty awful and the game is still pretty zzzzzzzz.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Legend of J said:
KimberlyGoreHound said:
That's why they were put on probation. People who add absolutely nothing with a comment to a ZP video at a time which it would be impossible to have seen any substantial amount of the video get put on probation. Happens every Wednesday.
And you were one of them this week lol.
Haha, yeah. Dunno why though...I made my post during the final seconds before the closing credits. oh well.

Kenny Doyle

Jun 4, 2008
True, honest review. I agree that this game is fucking awful, dull and boring. Nothing new or old is made in this game, no highlights, no interesting sequences, I've roughly forgotten most fragments of the game. There's nothing memorable about it.

Although for a reference, might belong on the "How not to do it." pile that fits comfortably between the first Kane & Lynch and say... Two Worlds.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
That, my Pedigree Chums, is the best ZP for a long time... as should be evident from the fact that I'm actually bothering to comment on it, something I never do.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
Best review in a while.

Yahtzee is so angry he sounds like me when I talk about most fiction/poetry published these days. If only there was a market for book reviews along the lines of Zero Punctuation...ah, a man can dream though, a man can dream :)

Sworm

Mar 15, 2010
Is it really as horrible as he said it is? or is he just dispensing the usual bile?

I'm not sure anymore it actually seemed to me like he was agonizing at the very mentioning of the game.

So to those who played it, is it really THAT BAD?