Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
Now is this worse than too human. I haven't played either of these games but he really laid into it. Great as always. on another note i hope he reviews amnesia dark descent.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
ilovemyLunchbox said:
Rayne Logan said:
ilovemyLunchbox said:
You can tell when Yahtzee is simply being a prat for the sake of Zero Punctuation, and he was clearly legitimately ripping on this game. He's never been so openly mad at a video game as he is in this video.
Maybe, but the game acctually is bad.
I inferred that.
No, you implied that.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
KimberlyGoreHound said:
That's why they were put on probation. People who add absolutely nothing with a comment to a ZP video at a time which it would be impossible to have seen any substantial amount of the video get put on probation. Happens every Wednesday.

User was put on probation for: Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. (7 days)
The humour contained in this one comment will haunt me forever, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

"Spunk instead of AIR!"
Oh, if only we could see the bil- oh wait, it's all over Kane and Lynch 2's camera.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I hope you wont get offed because of your review anyways great as always. And keep that bucket on you head! You never now when they might strike.

Dora

Jul 13, 2009
This (sort of) reminds me of a book I (tried to) read once called The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart. (Yes, really.) The whole gimmick was that the two "heroes" were absolutely disgusting; raping, murdering, the whole thing, and apparently you're supposed to read it and go "Oh, those wacky Grossbarts" and maybe some 1950's sitcom music would play. Instead you get to a scene where they burn young children alive in a house while restraining their father outside so he can hear them screaming and pleading, all just "because". Characters that are unpleasant for comedic purposes are still unpleasant, and it's hard to want to do anything but applaud when they leave the stage.

I bring it up both because Yahtzee points out the two characters in this game learn or achieve nothing by the end, and because when I mentioned to someone previously that neither Kane OR Lynch seemed very likable, was told "They're not supposed to be". Well, why the hell do I want to play a game about them, then? At least it looks like my snobbery/whining hasn't made me miss out on much.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
That's true about the camera, it made me Seasick... and basically this game is a "MASS MURDERER" achievement if you had a result like in the Hitman Series... Why aren't they releasing Hitman games instead of that RUN/GUN crap !

JuggernautXUG

Dec 19, 2007
Scrumpmonkey said:
How did Kane and Lynch get such good reveiws from some publications? The game is honestly horrendous, it'a borderline irredeemable. Myabe they thought they would be fired and have to go off and found a mildly more obscure gaming website that includes the name of some kind of explosive, such is the rule when being made unelpolyed by a Kane and Lynch game. Or so im told.

Personally i think Sqeenix needs to buck up it's ideas when it comes to action games becuase even at their best they never really seem to really nail it.
Ahem.... the publishers payed off reviewers to give the game good reviews and thus when it was discovered they did this they all got fired.

T0xiCity8

May 26, 2008
Lol I loved Kane and Lynch 2 :p It's flawed, sure, but the I loved the look and atmosphere. But damn Yatzhee, you sure know how to tear it too pieces. But I really wish people would stop blaming the developers for Gerstmann's firing.

Spelonker

Nov 15, 2009
Dear lord! This has to be the harshest review you've done yet Yahtzee! I'm not even going to rent this game in fear that you'll personally come around to my house and call me something nasty.

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
Uberman5000 said:
Kane and Lynch are such incredibly repulsive characters. I feel like they should be driving a beat-up Chevrolet truck from 1980s barrelling down an unpaved road to check on their weed grow in the middle of the country. How do these people get the entire Chinese army after them?
The first mission is Lynch dragging Kane around and chasing some guy down for no reason other than "I gotta settle things with this guy! I'll tell you later!" (he doesn't). At the end, the guy holds a woman hostage and our duo just kills her (Hahaha! Holding hostages! Like we care!). Turns out that woman's the daughter of some corrupt politician/crime lord. Whoops!

I knew that this game was going to be pretty lambasted. I watched a Let's Play of the game and was less than impressed. Problem with the game is that it takes the Dark 'n Gritty premise way too seriously, resulting in characters that you don't care for (at best, they have crappy backstories that tell how much their lives suck). Even Gerstmann's only main compliment of the game is the visual style (even then he stated it's nauseating). And I would have thought that Yahtzee would have made way more fat jokes at Gerstmann's expense. Not saying that he cares much for the whole business, but fat jokes seem like the kinda jokes he'd use when he can.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
"So how about that Duke Nukem Forever business hmm" Haha, epic ending. Loved that review, now I'm definately not going to buy it just for the multiplayer. Needed a sixth opinion...

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Spunk instead of air. Yahtzee's best quote so far methinks. Also expect a P45 from Russ.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
I love it when Yahtzee gets a hold of an unequivocally shitty game. Always much fun and many laughs to be had.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
why the hell does this game even exist? i never knew about it before, now I'll never hear about it again (good)