Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
Wow. I haven't seen him rip into a game like that in a while, or maybe I was just not expecting him to be so scathing when he usually goes for more subtle wit.
Not that I mind that at all, I was laughing like hell during the whole thing, but Christ he tore that one up like he's rarely done before.
I wasn't planning on getting the game in the first place, but there's no way in hell I'll get it now, even if it's on Amazon for $0.01 + shipping.

Awesome video as always, Yahtzee. Well done.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Jaranja said:
ilovemyLunchbox said:
Rayne Logan said:
ilovemyLunchbox said:
You can tell when Yahtzee is simply being a prat for the sake of Zero Punctuation, and he was clearly legitimately ripping on this game. He's never been so openly mad at a video game as he is in this video.
Maybe, but the game acctually is bad.
I inferred that.
No, you implied that.
Actually, you'd have to really dig into my post to find any implication. I inferred the quality of the game from the actual ZP video, so I felt it was excessive to remind me that the game was in fact bad.

Darkhawk18

Sep 8, 2010
LOVE IT But.......

This is what the 4rth or 5th time you mentioned Hitman Blood Money? Is there a new game inching into your top great games list?

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
KimberlyGoreHound said:
That's why they were put on probation. People who add absolutely nothing with a comment to a ZP video at a time which it would be impossible to have seen any substantial amount of the video get put on probation. Happens every Wednesday.
Oh the irony of that statement.

ShadowCoH316

Nov 16, 2007
We get it, you didn't like it.

I would honestly like to see you review something you actually enjoy to a point now and then. Next time you review something and plan to boringly repeat how you hated it, save me an extra 4 minutes and shorten it to "It sucked, save you money".

health-bar

Nov 13, 2009
pity this didn't come out before the voting bracket ended

this would have won at least a couple rounds

Knifewounds

Nov 18, 2009
Falseprophet said:
Wow, it's like this game brings together everything I hate about current games into one crap sandwich. All it would need is a wretched, ridiculous JRPG narrative as the olive on top.

Knifewounds said:
Not like this is a big deal or anything, but why does your Kane look like ur Niko Bellic?
Yahtzee tends to reuse images, especially the ones that are drawn (like that boat). I'm assuming it's to shave some time off the probably long, arduous process of putting one of these videos together.
Still, it wouldn't be to hard to make a new model. He could have at least put a little red clown nose on him to disguise to fact its the old Niko Bellic model. Whatever, found it a bit weird.

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
Heh, I truthfully though the game was decent, but that must have come from the fragile allience. Other than that, yes... its pretty much true, the story is kinda loose with no real closure, gameplay gets pretty samey around the middle and never changes, and cover was pathetic at being cover. One thing I did like is how gritty the game was, and I know everyone hated it, but the whole film style was what made this game unique for me. The blurring, flashes, all that stuff made it a bit more violent than it would have been without any effects. Just my personal input.
(Also, I bet yatzhee was a bit harsh dcause he wants the next hitman, I know I do >.< )

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Seriously what's up with people ALWAYS whining about the 'old Yahtzee' or whatever? Is it some kinda joke that everyone has to constantly nag about him selling out and that his 'old stuff' was a lot better? Am I missing something here? He didn't change his style. At all. Never.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Wow, I was actually considering buying this game because it was on sale at my local game store....

Now I know why it's on sale!

Excellent review! One of the funniest in a while!

hype23

Sep 8, 2010
I haven't laughed this good since the Painkiller review; very good review :) ; your R&R sure paid off, Yahtzee. It may be a little bit too grosse , as Sylocat noticed, but I think that original jokes should remain in the review, no matter how grosse they are :)

I also think that he cursed a lot because of the time that he had to waste with a shitty game.

Cheers !

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Wow that was brutal! The vacation did you well! KL2 deserved every insult you hurled its way. Man what a piece of crap. I mean, not as much of a giant flaming piece of crap as the first one, but still pretty awful. I can kind of appreciate what they tried to do with the visual presentation, but it's completely overshadowed by the rest of the game, which is a crappy to mediocre 3rd person shooter full of flat characters flinging obscenities like they are going out of style. Attempting a conceptual presentation is pointless when the rest of the game is so juvenile.