Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
KimberlyGoreHound said:
That's why they were put on probation. People who add absolutely nothing with a comment to a ZP video at a time which it would be impossible to have seen any substantial amount of the video get put on probation. Happens every Wednesday.
Oh dear, delicious irony...

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
awesome review...im gonna make a guess but it seems like next review is gonna be peace walker
ive been waiting some time for that!
yahtzee and MGS dont go well together but they do make for a great episode!

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
A great review that made me laugh very hard. Most of the recent ones have been amusing, but haven't really made me LOL.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
wow o.0 come on Yahtzee, tell us how your really feel and don't hold back this time, but good to see my non interest in the game was well founded :D

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Shit this was a funny one. About halfway through I was actually thinking "this sounds like it might even be fun once you get past all the generic action stuff" but by the end I was thoroughly convinced. I'll stick with Mafia 2.

Martin Clarke

Mar 2, 2010
That last joke slayed me, primarily I think to the flawless derisive delivery. Yahtzee you are coming on leaps and bounds, keep it up.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Awful games make hilarious reviews.

Finally someone who calls em as he sees them.

bloodshed113094

Jul 16, 2010
Yahtzee, please tell us what game you have for next week, maybe mafia 2 or halo reach?
please, just a hint so i wont be disappointed you tried a game that from the cover looks like shit. I mean, seriously, why even give this one a chance to fail, when it was obvious, are you just at the bottom of the barrel or were you forced to rate this shit for a pay raise? Did you just want to bag on this game so someone would? seriously, be nice to us next time and rate an interesting game, even if its 3 years old, like shadow of the colossus which i am trying to find a copy of right now for anything, because i noticed a copy of it for pc and was hoping to see it again. please, just not two fat idiots 2 again.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
I expected an angry review, but that was way more than I expected. I guess Yahtzee had a lot of pent-up bile after his week off, eh? Still... What the game was breathing... ew.

In other news:
KimberlyGoreHound said:
That's why they were put on probation. People who add absolutely nothing with a comment to a ZP video at a time which it would be impossible to have seen any substantial amount of the video get put on probation. Happens every Wednesday.
This person was then put on probation in what is one of the funniest cases of irony I've seen for a while.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
I know it's been a while since we seen any PC game Reviews, though if you're reading this Yahtzee could you please look up and review Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's a new survival horror that stands out against all others who make the claim, you have no weapons and your character has Amnesia, on top of that he's being followed my some evil shadow that's warping reality around your character as you try to survive and unravel the mystery.

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Rolling on the floor, laughing. Not even going to abbreviate that, it's worth every word to say.

The final joke is priceless.

And Yahtzee once again proves his clairvoyance, as the DNF business seems almost frighteningly prophetic. It's finally coming out and it's going to be another generic brown FPS. Hoo-ray.
Actually, it may very well be the exact opposite of that (going by the blowjob, peeing and poo scenes). But that certainly doesn't mean it'll be good, or that it'll even turn a profit.
After a twelve year development time, I'm almost certain that it wont turn a profit. It'll be damage mitigation if anything.

cabalistics

May 4, 2009
Luckily i had just finished my cup of tea or I would have sprayed it all over the screen with that last joke

RaiZ-R

Aug 15, 2009
Erm... I can't view this because the advert won't go away. As much as I love LOST and want the complete boxset, this is kinda annoying.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Ah Blood Money, one of the best games in the Hitman series. After it was released I was hopeful of a new wave of interesting new stealth mechanics. Yet so far we get two mediocre shooters and an oddly cartoonish ninja game...

...where's my Hitman!? If you wanted to be fresh make another Freedom Fighters, that game is old by today's standards so a sequel would be fresh!

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
I will agree with Yahtzee even though I really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want to...

They might as well have called it Kane & Lynch 2: Dog ****

I mean after playing Kane & Lynch one which started ok and then after the rather good part in the campaign where you exit Tokyo it all of a audden turns to crap and tries to be a another generic piece of **** shooter. Having said that I had fun playing Mr. Badass in K&L1 up until that point and had an good time robbing the bank and working my way down the skyscraper commanding my squadmates. I reckon it was a well thought out game but still felt unfinished.

I gotta admit though the multiplayer in both Kane & Lynch games is awesome. And the arcade mode in K&L2 is just wicked. It's a shame they couldn't of just based the campaign around that and added story elements to it because I reckon that would have saved it a bucketload.

And I loved the Hitman series... Seriously it is win and they should have made another sequel... Though they probably should just let it go because it's too risky now that those ****heads bought IO.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Knifewounds said:
Not like this is a big deal or anything, but why does your Kane look like ur Niko Bellic?
because there's a limit to what can be done with a very restricted icon set... :)