Zero Punctuation: Killzone 3

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Why does only HALF of the door break a HALF-second later when I melee it?

Anyway, I find R1 works better than R2 for shooting on PS3.

Since it's "triggers" suck.

R2 works fine for less action focused games like RDR and Mafia 2, but with FPS games on PS3, I prefer R1.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
...You do know this game was made by the Dutch, not by Americans, yeah?

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Great video. I've never been much of a fan of Killzone. Though I'll admit that they got me interested with all the neato ads for KZ2, I never got past the demo for the same things Yahtzee chronicles here. The controls just don't feel right to me for some reason. Maybe it's because I play the bulk of my shooter games on the Xbox, but I just can't seem to get into Killzone.

Still, to those who enjoy the series, I hope you had a good time. I'll just be waiting for InFamous 2.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sounds like I'm not missing much and, it sounds like my PS3 is still going to be stuck as the designated Blu Ray player for a while longer. Not that that's a bad thing.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
F my luck. My speakers crapped out on me less than 20 minutes ago. I'll have to borrow my mom's laptop if I'm to watch this video.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
I don't know if I agree with the controller issue Yahtzee was talking about. I found it pretty comfortable and worked well with the game play. I don't know killzone has always been my fps game I go to. It was a good review though.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
You know, I'd never considered the problem of the Move controller's light reflecting. I suppose I should have thought of it, given the amount of glare my television gets with any kind of light on in the next room.

'Course, I don't have a PS3, so it's never likely to come up for me personally. But it is an interesting highlight of Sony's failure to consider some fairly elementary flaws in its new technology.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Was never a fan of the first 3 killzone games so I don't plan on trying this one. Great review nonetheless.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Why does only HALF of the door break a HALF-second later when I melee it?

Anyway, I find R1 works better than R2 for shooting on PS3.

Since it's "triggers" suck.

R2 works fine for less action focused games like RDR and Mafia 2, but with FPS games on PS3, I prefer R1.
This. R1 for shooting L1 for aiming. I hate it when games make me aim with the thumb stick buttons or shoot with the R2.

silv

Nov 21, 2009
AvsJoe said:
F my luck. My speakers crapped out on me less than 20 minutes ago. I'll have to borrow my mom's laptop if I'm to watch this video.
Maybe try headphones? Just saying :) that's how I'm watching.

Billkwando

Oct 8, 2008
This was great as usual, but ironically the first time I laughed out loud was at the graphics in the end credits (imp & soldier, etc). Hilarious.

Edit: Yes and the old Starfleet rule. Worf, Riker, and Picard have all benefitted from that one at some point. Of course, Picard did say that history was littered with tragedies committed by people who claimed to have been "just following orders" (paraphrasing of course), so I guess that does legitimately fly sometimes in Starfleet.

Also, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo