Zero Punctuation: Knack

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I swear I've never heard this game before, but I guess I won't really be caught up on PS4 games until I actually invest in the console. And from the way you've described it, I doubt I will be investing in this particular game any time soon either.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I hear the multiplayer doesn't fare so well either as the screen doesn't pull out to accommodate 2 people playing and stays focused on player 1 even as player 2 walks off screen.

The art style looks alright though.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Knack never really interested me anyway, but since it inspired that wonderful 'ack-a-thon' at the end then I guess I should thank it. Though the repetitive 'consoles are shit and said consoles cause the games to be shit' thing is going to just carry on. Now to strike at the 6th Generation for all having terrible launches (even though they came out more than a decade ago, mind you) for no other reason than 'why not'.

I still can't imagine getting 'Knack is cack' out of my head for a good few hours now.

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
Yahtzee was exceedingly negative about Knack in this video.

First review of the new year and already we may have a contender for the Bottom 5 list

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Okay, now I have to buy this game just to find out what Barry White chatting up a jar of Nutella sounds like.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I'd love to hear Yahtzee try gangster rap, just once, please.

OT: I'd love to see a character who can only operate through the means of super villainy, like torturing their lover with kitchen utensils is their way of asking what they want for dinner.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Why on earth would watering your plants with blood be considered evil? Blood makes for really good fertiliser.

Yahtzee's theroretical Katamari brawling game sounds brilliant. Which developer might be crazy enough to make it do you reckon?

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Yahtzee certainly has a knack for making negative reviews.

[small]I bet no one saw that pun coming![/small]

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
Eldritch Warlord said:
Yahtzee certainly has a knack for making negative reviews.

[small]I bet no one saw that pun coming![/small]
and unlike Yahtzee your not getting paid

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
04whim said:
Okay, now I have to buy this game just to find out what Barry White chatting up a jar of Nutella sounds like.
Why not just go to Youtube and Watch a Cutscene from Knack? It's free (Well, more free then buying the game) and easy to do.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
It?s a shame that going by most reviews this game isn?t very good since it looked very interesting, it could have been the first game to make it on my reasons I might get a next gen console list.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
So Knack is basically the Video Game version of:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/2009-The-Basement

Congratulations Loading Ready Run, you could write video game narratives!

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
I don't see why anyone is surprised; knack and just about everything on the Current gen console line up is shit. Why anyone would ever buy one of these overpriced VCRs now, rather then in a year or two once they're on sale and have some decent games, is beyond me.

Then again, the Wii U has been out for a year and damn if I'm not hard up to think of a game it has that I want to play.

Maybe Wonderful 101? That new Smash bros when it comes out with it's inevitable half dozen fox clones and disappointing new additions?

eh.

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
Thank you for giving me more justification for not bothering to buy a PS4.

Now, just verbally ruin some Xbox One titles and I'll be satisfied with not getting that system either.

proghead

Apr 17, 2010
I have a suspicion that it was originally only planned as a little demo to show what the PS4 can do. After a while they looked at it and thought: "I think we're onto something here!" and then went on to make a "whole game" out of it. And so they did. They stretched a funny little idea so far and thin, it turned out to be exactly that. A gimmicky little bit of nothing.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
VikingKing said:
Thank you for giving me more justification for not bothering to buy a PS4.

Now, just verbally ruin some Xbox One titles and I'll be satisfied with not getting that system either.
He did that already with Ryse and Dead Rising 3.