Zero Punctuation: Knack

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
VikingKing said:
Thank you for giving me more justification for not bothering to buy a PS4.

Now, just verbally ruin some Xbox One titles and I'll be satisfied with not getting that system either.
You need justification from semi-famous internet celebrities to not buy consoles you don't like? Sounds kinda sad.

This game just let me know that while Mark Cerny is a lovely indivdual and has a lot of good ideas, he shouldn't be in charge of making an entire game. Apparently he just doesn't have ENOUGH good ideas to make it work. The other issue is he was trying to make old school platforming work with absolutely no innovation other than pretty pretty particles. Size changing would've worked if the gameplay changed at least a little, but it doesn't.

And it's not like tech demos can't be really fun. Hell, ResoGun is just a giant tech demo, but it's done by the Super Stardust HD folks, and is apparently addictive and fucking awesome. It's also basically FREE... which doesn't hurt.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
What is it with critics and the word "ludonarrative dissonance" lately? I don't think it means what they think it means.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
Nutella is pronounced with a long u, like NEW-tella.
To-may-to, tom-mah-to

Also I'd think Nuh-tella would make more sense. As in Nut-ella. Cause y'know... there are nuts in it.

OT: When I saw this thing being advertised at the PS4 info thingy a while back, I ahd to laugh at that guy speaking who seemed so damn excited about it (likely only cause he helped make it). I knew this wasn't going to be big. Nothing about it looks jaw-dropping or even mildly impressive in the least. Stupid-fun gameplay wsa the only aspect it could possibly have succeeded in but it even failed at that it seems.

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
Quiotu said:
VikingKing said:
Thank you for giving me more justification for not bothering to buy a PS4.

Now, just verbally ruin some Xbox One titles and I'll be satisfied with not getting that system either.
You need justification from semi-famous internet celebrities to not buy consoles you don't like? Sounds kinda sad.

This game just let me know that while Mark Cerny is a lovely indivdual and has a lot of good ideas, he shouldn't be in charge of making an entire game. Apparently he just doesn't have ENOUGH good ideas to make it work. The other issue is he was trying to make old school platforming work with absolutely no innovation other than pretty pretty particles. Size changing would've worked if the gameplay changed at least a little, but it doesn't.

And it's not like tech demos can't be really fun. Hell, ResoGun is just a giant tech demo, but it's done by the Super Stardust HD folks, and is apparently addictive and fucking awesome. It's also basically FREE... which doesn't hurt.
You took that more seriously then I'd intended. >.<

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
OlasDAlmighty said:
No. No it's not. It's got nuts in it. It's pronounced like nut.

Maybe in some *other* language it might be pronounced differently.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Antsh said:
I miss Crash Bandicoot :-(
You can still play it, you know. I spent a very happy day playing Crash Bandicoot 2 on a PS1 emulator the other day and was pleased to discover I could still remember every level in detail. Truly one of the great games *sniff*

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Glad Yahtzee went on about Crash Bandicoot being a good game. Might have gone fanboy rage.

Still, that leaves me with less to comment on so... Nice ending rhymes?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
TheSniperFan said:
Antsh said:
I miss Crash Bandicoot :-(
You're not alone man. You're not alone. :(
But it's not gritty and realistic enough for todays market.
Join the club. I still don't understand the mess about who OWNS Crash Bandicoot now. Does Naughty Dog think they're too "mature" for it now?

Anyway, hilarious video, Yahtzee! I loved the "Dance of the 7 Smallpox Blankets", the Barry White voice bit, and the "ack" sound rhymes at the end there. I'd like to see you something like that in your next Rhymedown video.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
UltraDeth said:
Yahtzee was exceedingly negative about Knack in this video.

First review of the new year and already we may have a contender for the Bottom 5 list
From the descriptions I've heard of it, I don't think it has enough personality to qualify.

Harmor

Sep 27, 2008
Well first of all, the revie... burial was quite good, one of my fave ZP's of the past few months. And then I fully agree that these new consoles are out too early as development teams can't seem to make good games in time for the console's releases. Then again, as a member of the PC gaming master race it's not like I care a whole lot, but I'm pretty sure at least some ppl who own a Ps4 or XBone are less than thrilled about the current games for their console.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I've never been more ashamed of my forum nickname. D:

Oh well... at long last, my forum username is justified.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
*Additional comment expressing joy over Yahtzee validating a purchasing choice (or lack thereof) I honestly would've made regardless.*
---------------------------------------

Ah, I remember really loving Crash Bandicoot as a kid. Unfortunately, it's one of those games that I lost interest in due to inevitable the passage of time.

Trippeh

Feb 25, 2010
Flatfrog said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
No. No it's not. It's got nuts in it. It's pronounced like nut.

Maybe in some *other* language it might be pronounced differently.
for the record, nutella is ITALIAN, and the "nu" sound comes from NOUGAT, not from "nut". olas is correct.