Zero Punctuation: L.A. Noire

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
It is kind of hard to keep motivation in a case that will move on regardless of your decisions.

direw0lf

Mar 31, 2009
great review. I personally love the story of the game and find myself not wanting to stop in the middle of a case :)

Kitsume

Oct 21, 2008
Interesting review of this I do believe its funny. I would like to try this game even if the ending is very very absurd using a flamethrower. -Imagines that- Hmm actually sounds kinda fun.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I hate to be 'that guy', but Noire is the feminine form of the work, Noir being the masculine (he brought it up in the credit comments).

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
There are many times, watching these videos, that I like the joke but don't get how Yahtzee found some issue or decided something was bad. But the glasses comment on the early mission is exactly the same thing I thought.

Your character clearly states that the glasses had been repaired on home. The wife says they are new. I go "Gotcha! LIAR!" and the character starts accusing her of being at the crime scene! I'm sitting there going "Whoh whoh whoh! I'm just working the glasses angle man! Why are you calling her the murderer?!"

RavenDrake

Mar 21, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
It is kind of hard to keep motivation in a case that will move on regardless of your decisions.
Agreed... while I understand it, it would be nice to see the game take that sort of thing into account as you move forward and let your abilities in the puzzle/detective side guide your final ending...

Ie: If you do really well with those aspects, you'll get better information giving you a different finale than someone who wings the interviews but aces the shootouts.

Preferably something less flamethrower-y.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
One thing i found myself thinking on was during the interviews if I get like 4 questions in and fuck up the fifth one, or worse get every question wrong, it had to have been the most disappointing feeling I've ever felt. In games like red dead and fallout and a whole truck load of other games, I have the option to save before I piss away 1000 bucks at a gambling table. In Noire it auto saves before you go into the house so not only do you have to go through the unskippable talking and banter beforehand but you also lose out on the experience you would get for getting the interrogation right the first time.

I don't know if that's bad or good.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Best review in ages, worth the wait.
Also i think that Noire having an e on the end was because La is male, and so the e goes on the end of the word to make it male too. Otherwise it would be L.E. Noir... but unfortunatly its not Los Engeles so L.E. wouldnt make sense

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
I had a feeling that interogation system was going to have that exact same problem, what's wrong with just telling the player what his own character is going to say exactly?

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Quite frankly, I think a car mounted on top of another car would be the greatest form of transportation ever concieved by man.