Zero Punctuation: Little Big Planet

DanTheBigMan

Oct 18, 2008
Copter400 said:
DanTheBigMan said:
My, my...
Seems someone's in a bit of a rut this time around, eh?
Perhaps that's because he actually liked the game, but hated himself for it.
I've got to wonder, why does someone always come up with this these days when there's a negative review? "He does not hate the game, he hates himself! VERR' psychological!"
Because be basically said so himself. He said he kinda liked it, but didn't because it was insubstantial. So excuse me for being Captain Obvious here, but when cynics like you come around, I think it's necessary. :D

Fcknfly

Oct 20, 2008
Its probably a bit late to say this but at the time of this review most of Australia was in heat-wave for about 3 days than 2 days afterwords I wouldn't have been surprised if Yahtzee where to post white noise for his review god knows I was stuck in that kitchen for hours on end and i saw some pink elephants myself

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
The review was pure genius, as always, and the googly-eyed pants dance was hilarious.

I don't have a PS3 and have still yet to see a need for one, and LBP certainly wasn't going to be the game that sold me on it. My feelings are very much the same about UCC - if you're going to have a full-featured game that happens to include a toolbox for modders, excellent. That just means I'll have more content to enjoy after I've finished the content I paid for. But if it feels like the game is really just a toolbox with a few levels included as padding, I don't really see the point.

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
Was that Yahtzee's ass jiggling with the googley eyes there 0_0

Ive been wanting to play LBP, I tried out a level or 2 in Zavii and it was ok at best. But thats from only a small segment ive been watning to play mroe of the game to get a proper feel for it.

I think making your own levels if you can make them good enough and plenty of fun can probably expand the games life span. But obviosuly there are downfalls to this but if there made really well and alot of effort is put into them i think it would be really fun.

But i never understood the hype about LBP. I would consider it a good game, but its not anything amazingly special :-/

MorkFromOrk

Sep 9, 2007
I was a big fan of the game until I realized:

a) I hated grinding endlessly in "story mode" in order to get trinkets to use in my own levels

b) That creating levels took time and effort I didn't have to spare. What free time I do have I want some escapist fun in a video game not wearing out my thumbs trying to prove I'm some game designer.

NeoSpriggan

Dec 5, 2007
Very good review, ive been beating around the bush of whether or not to get LBP, and this convinced me not to. Im not bothered to create my own stuff, and the vast majority of UGC will be utter garbage, with some smatterings of a good level here and there, like pretty flies from some foreign land that dont normally spend time near your local garbage area.

Googly eyed boxers dance, genius, or an attempt to shatter my fragile psyche? Knowing Yahtzee, its probably both.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
have to agree with everybody else, witch makes this post of mine useless, but i never understood the big deal with LBP, its just a bad (or just average at best) platformer that has no real plot or appeal exept the gargantuan pile of "cute".

its good finaly hear that one critic wasnt sweept away by this, cus everybody else is all over this box of the average, just as the Japanese is all over pettite schoolgirls

PS love all your reviews, even the ones i dont agree on.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
And Btw, there is no need to complain about release dates Down Under, here in Norway its realy bad.
for instance silent hill: homecoming, you posted it on the 22nd of october, well here in Norway its not released before the 26th of this month (febuary)
so i know how unfair it is that those american rednecks gets their greasy hands on everything first.

But this is just this fan's broken motor whining. keep up the good work!

peterrflynn

Jul 16, 2008
Finally got to see it (Video wouldn't play at all).

Very good review, although the boxer shorts and googly eyes thing has disturbed me. Hope you've got your air-con fixed now!

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Industrial-strenght Fan said:
And Btw, there is no need to complain about release dates Down Under, here in Norway its realy bad.
for instance silent hill: homecoming, you posted it on the 22nd of october, well here in Norway its not released before the 26th of this month (febuary)
so i know how unfair it is that those american rednecks gets their greasy hands on everything first.

But this is just this fan's broken motor whining. keep up the good work!
That does suck. It does get me annoyed when the release dates' gap is the big. I wanted to play Brawl with some of my Germany buddies and they didn't get their hands on it for a while.

On topic-I hated LBP cause it was a crappy platformer. And I love Platformers.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
The eyes!!! O_O

lol, but that was definitely one of the more creative reviews, even though it was mostly filler since it wasn't a very deep game.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I hate those eyes!

Great review I really agree with it since I havent got a ps3 (lol jk)

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
very interesting it sounds a lot like my review I released a week earlier on deviantart
for that rant, click here http://gerazzi.deviantart.com/art/LittleBigPlanet-Review-110694818
otherwise, I completely agree with you on this front

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
Im probably going to be one of the few people to actually say this:

I didnt actually like this episode.
Personally i found it quite weak compared to others [e.g: eve online or saints row 2]
it seems to me that Yahtzee couldnt think of that much to say about the game [good or bad] hence the 'googly pant thingy' which i found to be just stupid and not in entertaining way.

Im probably going to be verbally assaulted by yahtzee fanboys but what the hey right? its better then constantly seeing 'i agree' posts constantly...

wrightry

Feb 22, 2009
Ha made of chocolate! There just isn't anything good for the PS3, i'm kinda depressed having one. Oh and if anyone says 'not all games are bad, mirrors edge [insert rest of useless comment here]' or anything to that effect then just be sure, you've made my list.