Zero Punctuation: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
The Last Melon said:
Well, that was...

*crosses legs*

...homoerotic.
Well that was disappointing. I was expecting a pun.

I guess you could say I was dealt a...

*puts on sunglasses, and crosses legs*

stiff hand.

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(and yes, it does somewhat work, maybe not the best pun, but it was the best I could come up with in the short time I had).

StormShaun said:
Eh, I would like to play Luigi's mansion DM thought I am currently ...
Well lets say I was already 'sucked' into a really good game.

A game that is called Fire Emblem: Awakening.
And it is DAAAAMN good.
Hopefully Yahtzee can review it, but meh ... I'm enjoying it too much.

I just might get the new Luigi's Mansion if my wallet allows me to.
And while I agree with Yahtzee needing to review it, because if he got past the anime characters I feel like he'd really enjoy the gameplay, I can say that I finally beat it, and so I am free for a few more games now.

Just to say, no matter what, do not let a character die. You will regret it. Not in gameplay, but you feel like shit later on, because you couldn't save that one little mage, and Nowi is now stuck being all alone because I failed to keep her husband alive and and and...

I promised myself I wouldn't do this...

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
wintercoat said:
Enlong said:
ex275w said:
Enlong said:
Anyway, this was a pretty fun review. I figured he'd have some nice things to say about it, since his review of Luigi and Luigi: Luigi's Inside Story told us pretty well his opinion on the second of the two Mario Brothers.
Maybe Nintendo saw those reviews and made 2013 the year of Luigi so they can sway Yahtzee over to his side, Nintendo will gain Yahtzee's trust and then... one night, while Yahtzee is asleep, Nintendo will knife him. After that they'll release New Super Mario Bros. 3,4,5,6,7,8 and make Link to the Past 3,4,5,6,7.

So what I'm saying is I hope Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will be an enjoyable game and I hope Yahtzee enjoys it.
They'd make Link To The Past 3 before making Link To The Past 2? Impressive.
They're already making LTTP 2.
Wait what? Seriously?

Can I have a link to some info on that? If true, it entirely slipped my radar.

And strikes me as a bit odd. They haven't gone with numbering since the second NES game, and even then it had a different title in addition to the number.

...and ALTTP already has a direct sequel in Link's Awakening.

So yeah, I'd love to see a link to that, because you have just succeeded in baffling me.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm glad he liked it. I find the gameplay really refreshing (there's not much on the market like it) and as he said Luigi is a really charming character in this.

The multiplayer is fun too.

Happy at Yahtzee's reaction :p

I don't find the 3DS difficult to hold but then I have tiny hands so maybe its a big hand thing.

Enlong said:
So yeah, I'd love to see a link to that, because you have just succeeded in baffling me.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123361-Nintendo-Announces-A-Link-to-the-Past-2

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
wintercoat said:
OT: Anyone else notice that the offshoot Mario games are the best ones? Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario(barring Sticker Star). All superior to the main series.

Also, was that a compliment towards Nintendo consoles in order to make a dig at the others for their social network components? Yahtzee, you sly devil.
I think we can all agree that the 3D Marios are always amazing to really good. Sadly they're always pushed in with the crap known as the NSMB series. But yeah Mario offshoots and the 3D Marios are always the best ones. I can agree that Mario 2D Platformers have been routinely shit to mediocre, though.

OT: I see Yahtzee hasn't got the uber-comfy 3DS XL. Seriously, the XL is the best feeling handheld I've ever held, mainly because I have massive man hands.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Proverbial Jon said:
I bet you've never had to wring ectoplasm out of your facial hair
Well now you're just making personal assumptions about my character, Yahtzee.

OT: I own a sharp and pointy 3DS (for my sins) and to be honest I didn't give this game much of a look, having never played the original. However, Yahtzee's glowing praise is not a regular occurrence so I might just give this game a little look-see.

Enlong said:

That's just an Xbox 360 controller with the right analog stick and the face buttons swapped round. It's hardly evidence for Nintendo's innovation.
And the 360 controller is just a dualshock 2... and the dualshock is just an SNES controller with thumbsticks and and two extra shoulder buttons.

With that said though, I'm not that fond of the WiiU pro controller. The placement of the right analog stick was a really bad idea.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I have this theory that Yahtzee actually is homosexual, and he's only pretending to be pretending to be gay tongue-in-cheek style to throw us off the scent.

I'm on to you, Yahtzee!
o.o

Y'know, I actually enjoyed Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube, so this might be fun. Too bad I don't have a 3DS and would never buy a piece of hardware for just one thing. If anything, this review made me want to break the Gamecube out of storage.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
You CAN run, you have to hold down a button to run, which I found annoying. Also, the time attack and lack of purpose for the money after the upgrades, I TOTALLY agree with.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
I don't find the 3DS difficult to hold but then I have tiny hands so maybe its a big hand thing.
ToastiestZombie said:
OT: I see Yahtzee hasn't got the uber-comfy 3DS XL. Seriously, the XL is the best feeling handheld I've ever held, mainly because I have massive man hands.
Judging from our three experiences it does seems it's a hand size issue :p 3DS man-sized...like kleenex lol.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Just a message to those who like Mario more than Luigi.

Luigi was always my favorite, and I'm the older brother and wasn't forced to play as player 2. Kinda surprised by the review and laughed a few times. And for some reason Luigi and the homoerotic jokes work really well. But that's natural. Dat mustache.

Enlong said:
It actually looks quite good. Here's a 14 minute gameplay video.
It should be playable at E3 and release by the end of the year iirc.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Judging from our three experiences it does seems it's a hand size issue :p 3DS man-sized...like kleenex lol.
Well, I gotta admit the 3DS' original design was pretty terrible, if they had just smoothed out the corners and made it matte instead of plastic it would have been really good.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
I'm glad he liked it. I find the gameplay really refreshing (there's not much on the market like it) and as he said Luigi is a really charming character in this.

The multiplayer is fun too.

Happy at Yahtzee's reaction :p

Enlong said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123361-Nintendo-Announces-A-Link-to-the-Past-2
...huh.

I wonder if it's gonna keep the number title in the end. I hope not. It should a least have a subtitle to go with it.

Anyway, I wonder where it can even go as a direc sequel. I mean, in the end of A Link To The Past, Ganon's dead (not sealed, dead), the world's been wished back to peace, and Link put the Master Sword back in its seal. What is left, one wonders?

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Enlong said:
Anyway, I wonder where it can even go as a direc sequel. I mean, in the end of A Link To The Past, Ganon's dead (not sealed, dead), the world's been wished back to peace, and Link put the Master Sword back in its seal. What is left, one wonders?
Well, Reggie said it's an entirely new story, so i'm guessing Link'll have some new evil to fight. Either that or they'll choose to retcon the first game's story entirely.

---------------

OT: Meanwhile, Satan sits on his throne, wondering how the hell it got so cold all of a sudden....
/obligitory

This game's actually been on my radar for a while, but I've been wrapped up in other games. I hope to be able to get it soon, because the first one was pretty awesome.

Hilarious review, BTW. Just how I like 'em: Quick, fair and leaves me sore in the end....
... FROM LAUGHTER! from laughter, guys.

Zaydin

Mar 2, 2009
Yahtzee, if you want a 3DS that doesn't dig into your hands, for the love of god, get an XL; I love my XL. Bigger screen than the standard 3DS all my sisters have, nicely rounded corners, and a better battery life.

OT: I may have to put this on my Christmas wish-list; any game Yahtzee has actually liked is a game I usually end up enjoying, myself. It was Yahtzees praise of XCOM that got me to buy that, after all, and perked my interest in Spec Ops: The Line. Picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening today, though, and I would be curious what his opinion of it would be; I'm liking it so far.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
Oh wait, there is no confirmed title for the game yet. So it'll probably have a new title, just like each game since the first.

I figure it's likely to be similar to Spirit Tracks; a "sequel" that takes place in the same world, but generations later.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Say what you want about the WiiU, at least it doesn't look like a marrital aid *cough cough* WiiMote *cough cough*

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
I think his hate for most Nintendo titles came from his absolute LOATHING of the Wii. I can think of 2 titles that he liked on it, Mario Galaxy and I think No More Heroes, even though others still got rave reviews from this very site, he just couldn't stand the Wii.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
This episode needed more blowjob jokes. I feel like it was just a little under the amount necessary.

I never played the GameCube version, but I have been having a really good time with this. It's kind of like a nice, low-impact sort of point-and-click adventure game. It's a great game to play when I'm in the mood for something like that. Plus it gives me an excuse other than Fire Emblem to use my 3DS.

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
If the 3DS is going to be Nintendo's go-to platform for resurrecting their dead franchises, then come on Big N, Startropics 3. Look, it even has a 3 at the end! You can make it big and bold on the cover to signify it's both the third game and on the 3DS on that same clever way everyone does!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
JoJo said:
I did have quite an affection for the original Luigi's Mansion, I may have to consider getting this one, if only in part to boost my 3DS's meagre library. Also I agree, I've held for years that Luigi is more awesome than Mario.
If you liked the original you'll like this one. That's the only reason I bought it and I have it next to me right now.

OT: Yeah, Luigi is actually pretty adorable in this one, which helps you sympathize with him. He's still accident prone too, and you kind of feel bad when he gets hurt.
The controls will piss you off a bit though.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
The thing I most agreed with, the absolute pain the original DS system caused to my wrists. *insert obligatory masturbation joke*