Zero Punctuation: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
I liked the first Luigi's mansion, mostly because I've always been a fan of the ghost house levels in the regular Super Mario games. As such, it seems like this is the game for me.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
I can admi that Nintendo hasn't made a lot of new franchises in a while, but they're not opposed to new properties coming down he 3rd party pipe.

Which is why I'm glad for the Pro Controller, as it means that 3rd parties who don't want to deal with the tablet or wiimote don't need to.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
klaynexas3 said:
Ah, I only know of a fraction of what you feel.
I am currently playing on casual since I am new to the whole series, but don't worry I will turn off casual mode when I play it for a second time!

funny thing, I got my avatar (Shorn) to pair up with Nowi, and damn ... all the power. o.o
But yeah it is a damn good game so far.

*Ahem* I should say something about the review so the mods don't kill me.

The sucking off jokes were top quality my dear fellow Yahtzee.
I may buy it for the multiplayer. :p

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Yahtzee complaining about Defiance using made up swear words? You swear he had never played Thief.

Anyways it doesn't seem too different from Luigi's Mansion. I'll keep playing htat

strumbore

Mar 1, 2013
I think at this point Croshaw's just begging us all to open the closet door for him so he can leap out and curse us all for tormenting him.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
There are more dick jokes in this series than I've come up with in my entire life, and we use to have contests in Jr. High to see who could come up with the most in one sitting.

Captcha: by the book

It could've at least been BUY the book, so I could turn it into a clever Mogworld/Jam reference. Curse you, you creativity-stifling captcha!

EDIT:
strumbore said:
I think at this point Croshaw's just begging us all to open the closet door for him so he can leap out and curse us all for tormenting him.
I'm thinking that door is probably more of a post-Psycho shower curtain by this time. :)

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
klaynexas3 said:
The Last Melon said:
Well, that was...

*crosses legs*

...homoerotic.
Well that was disappointing. I was expecting a pun.

I guess you could say I was dealt a...

*puts on sunglasses, and crosses legs*

stiff hand.

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(and yes, it does somewhat work, maybe not the best pun, but it was the best I could come up with in the short time I had).

StormShaun said:
Eh, I would like to play Luigi's mansion DM thought I am currently ...
Well lets say I was already 'sucked' into a really good game.

A game that is called Fire Emblem: Awakening.
And it is DAAAAMN good.
Hopefully Yahtzee can review it, but meh ... I'm enjoying it too much.

I just might get the new Luigi's Mansion if my wallet allows me to.
And while I agree with Yahtzee needing to review it, because if he got past the anime characters I feel like he'd really enjoy the gameplay, I can say that I finally beat it, and so I am free for a few more games now.

Just to say, no matter what, do not let a character die. You will regret it. Not in gameplay, but you feel like shit later on, because you couldn't save that one little mage, and Nowi is now stuck being all alone because I failed to keep her husband alive and and and...

I promised myself I wouldn't do this...

Y'know the two conditions that would have lead me to buying the 3DS were a new Fire Emblem game that was actually good, a port of Disgaea 2, and hopefully the release of a successor to Grasshopper Manufacturer's "Contact." I'm curious about the new Fire Emblem and would like to see a Yahtzee review of it though. I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for a long time. Especially the GBA title simply labeled "Fire Emblem." Aside from The Walking Dead's Clementine, Nino is the only child in gaming i wouldn't shoot in the face the moment i saw her.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
Yes, I also once got told off for making up swear words by my mum and not just swearing.

I knew I was watching too many ShackTac ARMA 2 videos when I start hearing the clinky running sounds when walking outside. Also going to buy dinner at night after watching all the episodes of DayZ Ahead.

Luigi is also famous for this
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/weegee

And this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK_xdpji-D8

Why I don't play online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimrJtLaSqo

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
the entire review, this is all I could think of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSWdHY9Ny4

A Gray Phantom

Mar 4, 2011
I would love it if there were this big reveal that E. Gadd turns out to be this monstrous villain.
Think about it, he enslaves all the ghosts with horrid mind control power, but when they liberate themselves (and never actually harm anyone, as they keep to themselves in the mansion) E. Gadd kidnaps Luigi and forces him to imprison all the ghosts in an itty-bitty living space.
E. Gadd, worst super villain Nintendo has ever known.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Watched the video Thursday, Bought the game friday.

Having someone else tell you what's actually worth your time/money = priceless.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Spot1990 said:
Aww now how can Nintendo fanboys accuse him of just being biased against Nintendo when he eventually gives Zelda:Another One a bad review
What are you talking about?

He's given many Nintendo games good reviews before. He's even mentioned that he's a big fan of the Paper Mario series. Having a bias isn't the same thing as automatic rejection and even we retarded "Nintendo fanboys" know that.

In fact, by assuming that he'll dislike the next Zelda game without knowing anything about it, you are the one painted him as a biased reviewer incapable of judging Nintendo positively regardless of what they release. Are you saying that there's no way he'll like the next Zelda even if it turns out to be really good?

riftermcriftington

Dec 11, 2010
Wow Yahtzee, you must really be hurting for a Tripple A survival horror experience. I doubt LMDM really scratched that particular itch.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Well, it was only inevitable to finally realize that they've milked Mario so much his teets are raw. Luigi, toadstool and the Princess should get some decent spinoffs now that Mario needs some time to heal up.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Machine Man 1992 said:
It's achieved dick joke singularity!
I shall harness the energy of this artificial singularity to power my mighty battle cruisers and rule the galaxy!

Anyways, the fact that Nintendo made a game that does not come with an attachment to whatever is almost astounding or maybe they made the Australia-only "vacuum" attachment.