Zero Punctuation: Mafia II

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I'm still perched on the fence about whether to buy this one or not, and this review hasnt really helped me to jump to either side.

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
Flawless review, have yet to play this game but if it's anything like Mafia 1 or The Godfather it'll keep me interested.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Game Great, Review, Good. I dont like defending games too much on here but the fact was that when you were in the 'go home to bed' phase of the missions this was the time that was really 'go out and play in the city with your money and cars prettyboy'. I would have liked more to do around the city, stripclubs, pool halls etc. throw some minigames in to pad the free time you have but still have that story and narrative.

Overall barring the ending I really enjoyed this game and hope for more vito stories in future!

Drauden

Jun 2, 2010
Wow, I loved it. I thought this was one of your great ones, even though I liked the game a lot.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
hmm, odd does the video just cut-...

Hurr hurr, I see what I did thar.

OT: Good one, laughed through it all. I tried the demo on steam, seemd good and the short driving I was able to do it was some good music on the radio. Though I won't get it on the PC, driving is never good on PC tbh, and I crashed, almost died and got a speeding ticket xD

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
Pretty good, and the sudden stop was hillarious. Not one of his better ones, though. Too focused on Mogworld, maybe?

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Everyone complains about the same thing: the lack of content outside of the main story and the shitty ending. Mafia 2 flaws are so obvious everyone noticed them. Even Yahtzee didn't have anything new to criticize. 2k FAIL

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I love pretty cars and fast hookers!

I don't get one thing though: Mafia 2 gets blasted with the shit cannon because you have nothing to do outside the missions but look for playboys. And yet over here was inFamous, a game that gave you nothing to do outside of the structured missions (so story missions + clean up city missions) but look for electric rocks and satellite dishes, and it gets treated like one of the best games on the PS3. If anyone figures that one out, let me know. I mean, hell, at least Mafia 2 doesn't make you climb to the top of very tall buildings with an awful wall climbing mechanic to find the playboys.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
It seems that Yahtzee has run afoul of Candleja
You're doing it wrong!

You have to completely utter Candlejack before you can cut out adru

wolfister

Oct 20, 2008
It was a pretty pathetic sequel to the original Mafia, I mean I loved the first game it had so much in it plus the story was wonderful. Yet in this game I was done with it within a day and a half. The problem was it just felt so restricted that it had this great big world yet you were not allowed to really do anything in it except appreciate the realism on your drives to and from missions. Now I am not saying it was a bad game it is just not what I would expect from the people who made the first one. Really all in all this game was a big pile of meh to me, and I am soooo glad that I borrowed it from a friend instead of buying it.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
i figured the game was pretty bland from the demo...

also, lol @ the randomly cutting off without actually finishing talking about randomly cutting off.

Moloboen

Oct 28, 2009
I coulden't agree more. Sure these were obvious facts: the free-roam was unessisary, bad ending etc. etc. but It's the truth god dang it.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Even in Saint's Row 2, I find that the most entertaining part of the game...
I like that, but not just driving around casually at 30mph. I actually want to jump off ramps while listening to Deadly Sinner and not be stopped by Real Time Strategy, which is why I liked Saints Row 2 as well.

That and the whole, FUN thing as well.

OT: Predictably good and obvious verdict. A game that is neither bad nor good, which is usally your worst type in which it isn't funny, but you did good here Yahtzee.

Calumon: Ummm.. I dunno. What do you expect of me?

ForensicYOYO

Jun 12, 2010
Funny You had the same opinion of the game I did. You got to admit that It had to have been the best representation of the 1950s a game has ever had. Even the radio conversations were accurate news for that time.

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
wooty said:
I'm still perched on the fence about whether to buy this one or not, and this review hasnt really helped me to jump to either side.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes Yahtzee tends to miss the good aspects of games.