Zero Punctuation: Mafia II

DavidTheWise

Oct 27, 2009
I like how Yathzee is still entertaining to watch and listen after all these reviews, another great review to brighten my otherwise dull week. Keep on the good work Yathzee!

Joseph Eckert

Feb 28, 2010
I'm sorry but can someone explain all the candlejack jokes? I feel like I missed out on some new internet fa

clank1013

May 21, 2009
i liked the ending...... and the bit when u were running around in thundercats boxer shorts... but that was about it.....

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
DanHibiki said:
ethaninja said:
DanHibiki said:
Firstly Goodfellas was based on a true story back when that meant something, so it's not exactly like they custom made the ending to tell a moral tale.

Secondly, didn't it end with the main character doing a monologue about how shit normal life is and that he will go back to crime the chance he gets because it's just that much better?
DARTH VADER IS LUKE SKYWALKER'S FATHER!

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
Not evertything has to be fun :| No seriously, Yahtzee seems to have decided "fun" means "general enjoyment" yet he complains about anything for "not being fun" unless it's instant gratification COD deathmatch ... or something like that, you know what I mean.

... oh and in no way shape of form am I defending Mafia II. The first was pretty good, M2 was ... haha, not fun XD

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Where does your line for wacky fun and instruction for a sandbox game lie?

While your critizing this game for pulling you along by a fish hook, while Just Cause 2 didn't have enough instruction to have a point.

I am not accusing you of anything, but a little clarity on how to balance out "I do my own thing" vs. "What do I need to do sir?" would be helpful for both your viewers and all the game companies that hold your tarnishing of their years of work in five minutes as the freaking words of God.

Dead_Like_Me

Jul 4, 2009
It was ok but not what I would expect it to be.

I didn't play the new game as I have played the old one - yep the old one had a bit of weakness around the whole not so sand box game but for me it was one of the best games. great scripts great feeling great storyline funny full of action varied missions and of course the "extreme" missions after finishing the game :p

Now as for the new game i was always wandering if they should have made a new one. do you really need to bring another game if the game is successful even if the guy in the last game is dead ?!

To be honest for the new game i wanted only a better sandbox game not between missions but for the fun afterward :) so now after hearing this i am not sure what to think.
should i bother playing it... is it just another mafia themed game ? or will it ruin the name of its predecessor ?

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
Niko I mean Vito and his fat friend Roman I mean Joe...
Yeah the game seemed really good, but I didn't think it was too much like GTA IV, which disappointed me. I've seen Mafia stories before, and I've seen sandbox games done right before. If they could have varied the story a little and let you do more it would have been amazing, otherwise it's just the good game it is now.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
ewhac said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Did anyone else here yahtzee say N***er at 1:29?????
"Anyway, Vito and Joe join a Mafia family, get a whole bunch of pretty cars and fast whores, and then everything is lovely forever. Or that could just have been the point where the PCP kicked in."

No, I didn't. (Hell, the text is right there for you to read yourself at 1:37.)
I just watched it again today, yeah I must of been hearing thngs. In fairness I was a little drunk last night.

Ben Jackson

Apr 5, 2010
I loved the Blackpool part because I'm from Blackpool XD.

Great review. But I'm still getting mafia II because I loved mafia I and I'm a fanboy of 2kgames XD

African Grey Parrot

Apr 4, 2010
For once, I watched a video expecting Yahtzee to spurt out the same opinion that I have about the game; seems most viewers here have.

Oh, and cops don't stop you for running the red light in Mafia II.

magma

Jul 21, 2010
Quite a positive review considering Yahtzee hates cover-based shooters. But then again this is a game that demands use of cover and it is fitting with the setting.

Brook

Sep 19, 2010
I just looked up Bugsy Malone how on earth did I miss this gem.
oh and great video